• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

MSgZL.gif

I don't think I can take Shippuden after that ending

Goodnight everyone

Insolitus

Banned
..........I feel like I should be feeling something...but nothing.

God, it seems like I SHOULD like this show, but it's just doing nothing for me. At least it feels like we're in the end game.

It's probably because the show makes no attempt to make the characters likeable.

They were best friends and Atusko has trouble letting this go even as Michiko continues to be a fuck up while she tries/tried to make something of herself. They are playing up the drama, as anime often does, but it seems clear enough to me.

I mean, I sorta get that. But I don't think they ever really gave us a very clear picture of their relationship so it feels strange, and the lengths Atsuko is going to just feel kind of ridiculous even in a show that operates in a "heightened" reality

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I wish Syndicate's ads used both the playable leads.

That should make everyone happy.

It's still an Assassin's Creed game. Until Ubisoft decides that "two years not one" is better, it's going to be blaaaaah

One Piece is entering filler soon as well.

Dark times ahead.

Yeah... Thankfully it won't be as long as the Shippuden filler but it's one of the worst...

Speaking for myself, I don't mind much that many of the characters are unlikable. They don't need to be.

Yeah I agree, the problem isn't that they are unlikable in the sense that they are shitty people, the problem is that I don't really care for them or think they are naturally good characters.

Crocodile

Speaking for myself, I don't mind much that many of the characters are unlikable. They don't need to be.

Yeah I agree with this. It's a hard criticism to counter because I do think there are shows or scenarios where a lack of "likable" characters is a real detriment. I think in more "adult" shows (heavy quotes), its much easier to have stronger/good characters even if they are "assholes".

Subjectivity is a bitch though :p

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"It's you that makes him strong" See this Kishimoto? It's lines like that that make people think they're gay, not just rivals.

Seriously, Naruto & Sasuke was so poorly handled as a rivalry...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Come on Kakashi, he hasn't surpassed you. He's just got hax you don't, if you had his hax chakra pool you could rule the world if you wanted.

Kakashi with that kill steal :lol

Yeah I agree with this. It's a hard criticism to counter because I do think there are shows or scenarios where a lack of "likable" characters is a real detriment. I think in more "adult" shows (heavy quotes), its much easier to have stronger/good characters even if they are "assholes".

Subjectivity is a bitch though :p

Yeah you can make a character who is an asshole and still likable. I like Ging from HxH (fight me) Guts from Berserk and Kaiki (the ultimate example) from Monogatari and they are all generally shitty people.

Top Bottom