• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Gundam was the best episode this week. I was expecting something like this quite some time ago.

Honestly, most of the stuff in the previous 8-9 episodes felt kinda pointless. Akihiro's "character development" basically came and went in those three human debris episodes, and most of the stuff building up Kudelia wasn't done very well at all (and heavily relied on larger narrative stuff, which wasn't done well either). The only notable parts were some Atra character development and a little bit of Biscuit. I will say the Atra/Kudelia/Mika "triangle" improved significantly over those episodes.

I have a feeling Gundam IBO is going to feel like a show where I enjoy the highlights but all the stuff in between is diluted ... well, crap

BBboy20

Gundam was the best episode this week. I was expecting something like this quite some time ago.

Honestly, most of the stuff in the previous 8-9 episodes felt kinda pointless. Akihiro's "character development" basically came and went in those three human debris episodes, and most of the stuff building up Kudelia wasn't done very well at all (and heavily relied on larger narrative stuff, which wasn't done well either). The only notable parts were some Atra character development and a little bit of Biscuit. I will say the Atra/Kudelia/Mika "triangle" improved significantly over those episodes.

I have a feeling Gundam IBO is going to feel like a show where I enjoy the highlights but all the stuff in between is diluted ... well, crap
Regardless how it turns out, those episodes really stain it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

I feel like because of those last 2 months of episodes, it's made me lose interest & zone out, though this week seemed to be much better. I just hope the show can redeem itself after that last group of episodes, because it REALLY lowered the quality of the show & like you said, it seems like it might become the show that will have its highlights but you have to sit through a lot of bleh to get to said highlights.

Seda

I feel like this is comedically one of the best episodes. The strongest super hero in the world is helpless against mosquitoes and chatterboxes.

BBboy20

P5SeOXC.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I WAS REJECTED FROM APPEARING IN A MEGA MAN X GAME

& I NEED AN OUTLET FOR MY ANGER

Also omg props to Viz for getting the Leomon from Digimon VA to do Beast King.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think Decimate mentioned this on his podcast, but it's kind of nice to see an anime that doesn't have a huge focus on people reacting to what's happening, just letting characters....react while the stuff just happens instead of making it the focus.

To quote him, it's very "un-anime" with some of its humor.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 13 - Funeral Rites
12:30 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 14 - Vessel of Hope
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 15 - The Trail of Footprints
1:30 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 16 - Fumitan Admoss
2:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 17 - Kudelia's Decision
2:30 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 18 - Voice
3:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 19 - The Gravity of Wishes

Later.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If they did a marathon of IBO during its earlier episodes, I might've watched it again.

.......but considering the group of episodes airing, hell no. Probably the 2nd time I dropped a marathon, the first being DBZ.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
And since next week's schedule is boring:

Next next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 92 - Tears For An Android! Gohan's Inner Rage Bursts Forth!
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 3 - Youth with Dio
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 20 - Brother
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 26 - Then × and × After
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 133 - The Tale of Jiraiya the Gallant
1:30 - One Piece - 367 - Knock Him Down!! Special Attack: Straw Hat Docking?
2:00 - Children Who Chase Lost Voices

Later.

Raxus

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 92 - Tears For An Android! Gohan's Inner Rage Bursts Forth!

Later.

Several CAN'T MISS episodes next week. I won't say which ones to avoid spoilers.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Good stuff but the IBO image really needs some music to accompany it.

(T_T)7 You know, I listen to some Dandy music every few days, but somehow I haven't heard this in ages. Thanks for throwing be back down this bright, all-encompassing path of surfing in space again, lol.

Oh my. Dio looks a bit triggered.

I love the fact we're seeing him get smacked around and... actually put at risk this early on. When I first started watching, and knowing mostly of Dio from the Capcom games, I just thought he was always super-powerful, and had no arc to his growth. He's... actually more developed than some shonen protags, and that's surprisingly satisfying.

Can I mention it was kind of dumb that Dio thought to use the mask to kill someone in the first place? It's way too easily traceable and requires far too many steps.

I don't think he was using it to murder, I think he just wanted to use it to see how it affected a person. More of a Guinea pig than a victim.

(T_T)7 You know, I listen to some Dandy music every few days, but somehow I haven't heard this in ages. Thanks for throwing be back down this bright, all-encompassing path of surfing in space again, lol.

I love the fact we're seeing him get smacked around and... actually put at risk this early on. When I first started watching, and knowing mostly of Dio from the Capcom games, I just thought he was always super-powerful, and had no arc to his growth. He's... actually more developed than some shonen protags, and that's surprisingly satisfying.

I don't think he was using it to murder, I think he just wanted to use it to see how it affected a person. More of a Guinea pig than a victim.
I wouldn't go that far.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Later.

Don't forget Intruder III

bigkrev

Unhappy i fell asleep before HxH. Will watch that this week and livepost about it.

Shame we have a recap episode coming up though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom