• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

I think what I really like about jojo is, just as dio was overly evil, Joseph is a hammed up version of the perfect gentleman, who prefers civil discourse but will not shy away from solving a rough problem WITH HIS FISTS AND MANLY SPIRIT
Meanwhile in Tiger Mask W...
giphy.gif

DBZ this weekend is a lot better looking than I remember.

Make sure to show your support. http://www.gameactorsforall.com/

while i largely agree with improving the conditions for voice actors since it seems like it's been pretty terrible for years, one point that stuck out to me as a little bit odd is the ban on letting non-union people like random developers do any voices.

like, surely it's fine if Billy who did some work on the script wants to play a random NPC.

but on the other hand, i imagine that it's a potential loophole that could be (and may already be) easily abused.

and from my pretty small knowledge of how unions function, that seems like it's pretty par for the course as far as unions go anyway so i imagine it's not a sacrifice anyone should be particularly surprised by.

but Steve's response to that of "well i didn't expect to do that before i was in the union" is just.....hm. like, that doesn't really seem like the same thing at all

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I, uh, wow at that shortened Jojo OP. That has to be one of the most obvious cuts made, but I'll take that with a full ED.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, the strike is against EA.

I thought Steve Blum was gonna be all "YOU DON'T BELIEVE WHAT DEMARCO MADE ME VOICE AS TOM!!!"

Raxus

Oh, the strike is against EA.

I thought Steve Blum was gonna be all "YOU DON'T BELIEVE WHAT DEMARCO MADE ME VOICE AS TOM!!!"

I bet it is for those beef jerky commercials that I only somewhat remember because Steve Blum was in them.

Jarate

Banned
Its video games for VA's which isn't surprising considering the work ethics every major developers have

Some of the things involved are ridiculous, would you hire a musician and not allow him to view the notes he has to play. Video Game voiceovers aren't given a script until they get there which is the stupidest thing on earth.

Neoxon

I think what I really like about jojo is, just as dio was overly evil, Joseph is a hammed up version of the perfect gentleman, who prefers civil discourse but will not shy away from solving a rough problem WITH HIS FISTS AND MANLY SPIRIT
You mean Jonathan, right?
Joseph isn't until Part 2.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Remind me, when a show gets a new OP, they show it in full once, right? So when Jojo gets a new OP, we'll see that uncut the first time?

Moaradin

Remind me, when a show gets a new OP, they show it in full once, right? So when Jojo gets a new OP, we'll see that uncut the first time?

Yeah It's been like that for a while.

I wonder if they'll do that for HxH. The new openings all use the same song (2 variations of it at least) but all have different visuals. Will they play them in full at least once or be lazy about it?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They did that for Gundam, anyway.
Ah, okay. I could've sworn Gundam did it but couldn't remember.

Still wonder if they'll bother to fully air the slightly different version of the first OP when it eventually airs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How lame would it be if we didn't get the Za Warudo version of JoJo's 4th OP.
Now THAT, I hope they actually air uncut, or at the very least, leave it in if they have to shorten it.

.....though I guess Viz will dub that part to have Patrick Seitz saying it, but I don't mind.

We might have got the first Water 7 opening uncut the first time? That was before the openings were longer.

It's funny cause me & a buddy asked Rojas (from FUNi) if they could send Toonami the full openings, starting with "We Are!". He said he'd look into it & then.......that happened.

Should've had Vic's version of the song like on Nicktoons.

We got every version but that one....... ._.

Also, did FUNimation ever announce anything about the Mob Psycho 100 dub?

Also, did FUNimation ever announce anything about the Mob Psycho 100 dub?

As of 10/18 it's still TBA. Makes me think it's a strong contender to be IBO's replacement on Toonami. Depending on how Toonami plans to air Marathons in December, IBO should be ending on December 17th, meaning it's replacement show should be debut in January.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
DeMarco diiiiddddd saaaayyyyy Mob Psycho 100 was part of the top 3 requested show along side OPM S2 & Tokyo Ghoul.

Coincidence!?!

zulux21

We nearly in a world were he did Brook.

he was on my hopeful list for brook, but quite frankly ian does a perfect brook, if I was the casting director I would have chosen him over vic as well.

I'm surprised Vic still doesn't voice a major One Piece character.

vic doesn't do a ton of work with funimation anymore and I don't think he has done any main on a series with over 100 eps.

plus I don't know if there are any characters that would fit him that haven't already been casted.

maybe someone in the punk hazard arc down the line.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
GAF time traveled back to the 90s
??? How so?

Also, real talk: how many people are gona bother with the marathon this weekend? & I mean the whole thing, not just one or two episodes like watching the funeral episode again to laugh at it like I'll be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom