• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"Borderline"

KhrNQm1.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"ecchi"

So to be more serious, how much longer until we learn of IBO's replacement? I would assume in Nov. since IBO ends just before the Dec. marathons.

Jarate

Banned
Just remember a good script can help a dub cast do a lot better I'm assuming the script for that show is not very fun to do

ckohler

Grexeno? I sent him the finished podcast two days ago and haven't heard a peep so I guess I'll post it. I should probably just post it from now on so folks don't have to wait?

Episode 29 "Idiot Balls"
In this episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, Seda and Crocodile discuss news on the Oshi micro series, Toonami's upcoming 20th anniversary, DBZ retreading, how Jojo fits Toonami, IBO's unnecessary characters, Gon and Killua's friendship, why Naruto spoilers don't matter, and where Nami hide's her climatact.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode029.mp3

Video:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode029.mp4

Timecodes:
0:00:35 News
0:15:17 DBZ
0:22:55 Jojo
0:42:28 IBO
1:01:15 HxH
1:08:51 Shippuden
1:25:15 One Piece
1:33:32 Sign Offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess tonight, I should finally start that copy of Drakengard 3 that I got from my friend...

.....or i dunno, continue working on Valkyrie Drive or Neptune vs. Sega Hard Girls. Feels weird having two nights off where one doesn't involve watching Toonami.

Edit: Wonder what the Thanksgiving marathon will be. Jojo won't have enough episodes for one until Dec.

Seda

The bonus things tomorrow are going to be Titanfall sponsored promos, a promo for that movie next week, and probably an Adult Swim music video.

PreFlight showed the promo for the Lost Voices movie. It's always hard to tell acting quality from trailers, but i think the girl sounds okay but some of the guy voices, I'm not sure.

Despite it being a Sentai dubbed version of an apparently poor movie, I'll try to go in with a open mind.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The first episode of the night, dealing with funerals, is probably the only episode that's entertaining from how bad it is.

The final episode is honestly alright & a step up after the arc we had to go through.

Everything in between......eeehhhhhhh, the main reason why mostly everyone is skipping the marathon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The show is nowhere near as bad as Akame Ga Kill! but which one is better as a marathon? AGK easily. Especially this part of the series. If it had been the first seven or apparently the last seven episodes of the series this wouldn't be the case but this marathon happens upon the soft shitty middle of the run.

BBboy20

So yeah, probably will be playing Titanfall 1 on PC while this marathon is playing so if anybody else have the same version, hop on by.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The show is nowhere near as bad as Akame Ga Kill! but which one is better as a marathon? AGK easily. Especially this part of the series. If it had been the first seven or apparently the last seven episodes of the series this wouldn't be the case but this marathon happens upon the soft shitty middle of the run.
Absolutely. It was fun rewatching AgK because it was the entertaining kind of bad, especially since we got to rewatch some fights like with Justice Girl.

....IBO, however, is just the boring, unfun kind of bad, especially when you consider that the series started off alright & we know it can be good, but it happens that of all the episodes to marathon, they chose the worst arc.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The AGK marathon was NINE EPISODES LONG...and it will still be an easier watch than this.

I think the last marathon I was so down on was the final AoT one.

So I decided to play Call of Duty 2 after beating the first one, because why not. Now if you asked most people what the biggest difference between COD 1 and 2 is, I'm willing to bet most people would say regenerating health. That's certainly a big change, but probably a bigger one is that soldiers in COD 2 often follow your lead. In COD 1, often in big group battles, if you stopped and didn't do anything, your comrades would still rush ahead and fight the enemy. In COD 2, they'll turtle with you. It creates a very different game feel, and one that I don't really like. The change gives players a feeling of importance, when it really shouldn't. You, as a character, are not important in COD 2. You are a faceless soldier just trying to get through the war. The change centers the war around you, and your actions.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
COD2 is a very disappointing game. It's just...more of the same and one of the signs that the WW2 dominance of the RTS and FPS fields was finally starting to wear thin.

Ray Down

Banned
it started pretty bad

I agree, I read the series in the beginning but found it boring, edgy and totally squandered the premise.

But other friends I know continued it and loved it, said I was being to hard. Until Mein got with the main guy and they all lost there shit.

It basically decided to go with the Anime ending almost note for note.

How did the anime ended? did the Ice chick die?

Mizerman

I agree, I read the series in the beginning but found it boring, edgy and totally squandered the premise.

But other friends I know continued it and loved it, said I was being to hard. Until Mein got with the main guy and they all lost there shit.

How did the anime ended? did the Ice chick die?

Yep.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
WVW69jwg_VYlDcZKFB

Maybe this is a time to honor Toonami by trying to fight up to the Cell Saga in Xenoverse 2 or something... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom