• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Remember Blue Gender?
I saw a review of it, but not actually seen it. Recall it was one of the earlier anime to be on Adult Swim. Seems it was originally going to be on Toonami but turned out to be a little too extreme so it went to AS.

Also, to talk about the podcast, I remember one year for April Fools (it was 2006), they aired some anime like Ghost in the Shell, but inserted fart sounds. I recall one scene where a guy in a wheelchair-esque machine was going up the stairs & each "step" = fart sound.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I saw a review of it, but not actually seen it. Recall it was one of the earlier anime to be on Adult Swim. Seems it was originally going to be on Toonami but turned out to be a little too extreme so it went to AS.

Also, to talk about the podcast, I remember one year for April Fools (it was 2006), they aired some anime like Ghost in the Shell, but inserted fart sounds. I recall one scene where a guy in a wheelchair-esque machine was going up the stairs & each "step" = fart sound.

As it so happens FUNimation has the entire series up on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZzdMtaTRms

They also did that for Fullmetal Alchemist (first anime), adding farts to the second episode. In particular, the part where Ed animates the statues and had them walk around had booming farts; and the part where they broadcast Father Cornello's admission of guilt to the entire town instead had him let out a big one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It'll be interesting if Toonami does anything since technically, while April Fools 2017 is on a Saturday, Toonami doesn't really air until Sunday night/morning (yes, I know, but as a night shift worker, I think like this because some nights, I drive to work on, for example, Friday, but don't start until it hits midnight & I clock in for Saturday).

Mizerman

Oh yeah, I remember that.

Seda

Adult Swim basically considers each night's programming as for that <weekday night>. e.g. Toonami airs on Saturday night (even though its actually Sunday morning.)

Ah, okay. So yeah, guess Toonami might do something for April Fools.

........like a GXP Marathon....

6057c86.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'll see if there's a goodie, then go to sleep.
Seriously, One Piece was gift-wrapped for a marathon for Halloween.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, it's definitely trick with a 7 episode marathon of DORT.

12:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 13 - Funeral Rites
12:30 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 14 - Vessel of Hope
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 15 - The Trail of Footprints
1:30 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 16 - Fumitan Admoss
2:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 17 - Kudelia's Decision
2:30 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 18 - Voice
3:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 19 - The Gravity of Wishes

Raxus

AHHHHHHHHHH!

Man God

Non-Canon Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LISmPmdUhYA

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Yea, I'm going to play videogames all night. Maybe I'll play a horror game or something.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Probably will just watch the first episode to see if there's a goodie &/or promo for next week's movie & because the funeral episode was so bad it was funny.

pirata

Oh, that's right, Toonami this week is a going to be a snoozefest marathon. I guess I'm definitely going to that Halloween party then!

In other potential Toonami acquisition anime, the new episode of Keijo!!!!!!!! (yes, I have to write out all the exclamation marks) literally has an episode titled "The Battle for the Fastest Butt!!!!"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sometimes, you just have to wonder what was going through their head when they were naming titles or seasons of anime/manga.

"okay, so, let's get this straight.....there's EIGHT exclamation points in the official title & logo?"

"YES, TO EMPHASIS THE EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"well, we think one or two should suffice just fi..."

"NO, IT NEEDS EXACTLY EIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"...whatever, just turn in the next chapter"

"THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Jarate

Banned
Sometimes, you just have to wonder what was going through their head when they were naming titles or seasons of anime/manga.

"okay, so, let's get this straight.....there's EIGHT exclamation points in the official title & logo?"

"YES, TO EMPHASIS THE EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"well, we think one or two should suffice just fi..."

"NO, IT NEEDS EXACTLY EIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"...whatever, just turn in the next chapter"

"THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I mean, its very clearly a joke anime, and adding rcyra exclamations points is always done in this type of show

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Keijo!!!!!!!! definitely got one of those Funimation "we know this is borderline ecchi so we're not going to try too hard" dubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom