• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I know Kudelia is sheltered, but this seems over the top. How does a girl her age not know anything about dating and boys? She's not even royalty like chocolate man and Golly-golly.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
i still can't believe nobody looked at the script & asked "ya know, guys, for a serious space political show, maybe we should change the name of this "dort" place, it feels out of place"

OMG, THEY THOUGHT THIS OTHER WOMAN WAS KUDELIA?!?! SO THEY MADE THE MISTAKE TWICE?!?!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
there we go, preview of next week's film

Certainly looks nice. Main girl sounds.........fine, it seems. Honestly, based on this commercial, the dub is nowhere near as bad as I was fearing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At 3 in the morning?
I think technically, it starts when daylight savings starts, so when "3 a.m." hits, it'll roll back to 2 a.m.

So next were gonna get 5cm Per Second right?
To leave everyone emotionally wrecked!
;)
oh god no, once was enough. I don't need to watch it again to remember how cruel love can be.

...........also, I'm out. Time to give Drakengard 3 a try.

Seda

I think I said this earlier but I'm going to take this opportunity to state some thoughts again.

I was expecting something like IBO episode 19 for a long time. Ein jumps back into the story to get revenge, we see a snippet of Mika/Orga's meeting as children, a conflict between Tekkaden and Gjallerhorn as they get to earth. It took while to happen but I think it was a pretty good episode.

I feel like the sheer length of Gundam (50ish episodes) does the show a disservice. The three "human debris" episodes almost felt like filler as Akihiro's character development kinda came and went in those episodes. I also argued in the podcast that maybe there are too many protagonist characters anyway, and the show might be better if there was a tighter cast rather than the kinda sprawling one we have. Did we really need both Eugune AND Akihiro AND that brown-haired guy who name I never remember? Do we need those three (or more?) Turban girls?

The next 4-5 episodes we obviously meant to build Kudelia as a character, and honestly, completely failed. I don't understand:

1.) Why Kudelia feels obligated to be the face of a revolution in the first place.

2.) What people are Mars and DORT want to rebel against in the first place.

3.) Why rebels look up to Kudelia and think 'yeah, this person is qualified to be our leader'.​

The only good thing about these episodes is that Atra improved a bunch, and Biscuit got a tiny bit of spotlight.

During this time, the Ein subplot weirdly disappeared and resurfaced, and the pacing just feels off. I still don't know why Gjallerhorn is supposedly the villain or what they are trying to do. (Yes they sabotaged a rally, so they clearly aren't the bastion of PMCs, but we need more than that).

Raxus

I am convinced Biscuits family secretly hated their kids and decided to name all their kids that way as a cruel joke before dying.

I am convinced Biscuits family secretly hated their kids and decided to name all their kids that way as a cruel joke before dying.

Maybe it was no accident. "You'll never name another child after desserts again, you monsters." -Savarin as he cut the brake-lines from his parent's car

Raxus

Maybe it was no accident. "You'll never name another child after desserts again, you monsters." -Savarin as he cut the brake-lines from his parent's car

Moments before their demise the car's dashboard broke open with a loaf of sourdough in the shape of a horse's head popping out.

I was gonna bring something up for discussion thinking it was going to be a slow night in the thread but...theirs actual people watching the marathon.

Guys, seriously, why? do you like self torture or something?! you don't need to watch this you just slogged past the worst of IBO this season why rerun your brains through it?!

I was gonna bring something up for discussion thinking it was going to be a slow night in the thread but...theirs actual people watching the marathon.

Guys, seriously, why? do you like self torture or something?! you don't need to watch this you just slogged past the worst of IBO this season why rerun your brains through it?!

Don't tell me what to do.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The next 4-5 episodes we obviously meant to build Kudelia as a character, and honestly, completely failed. I don't understand:

1.) Why Kudelia feels obligated to be the face of a revolution in the first place.

2.) What people are Mars and DORT want to rebel against in the first place.

3.) Why rebels look up to Kudelia and think 'yeah, this person is qualified to be our leader'.​

The only good thing about these episodes is that Atra improved a bunch, and Biscuit got a tiny bit of spotlight.

1. Her whole point the entire series is that she wanted to fight for better conditions for people, right? I think it started off as an innocent desire, but from the birth of the series, people wanted to kill her for it... it's escalating around her.

2. Bad working conditions, being mistreated, not getting paid enough for EA for their voice work, the usual.

3. Didn't we hear early on, after they failed to assassinate Kudelia, that they'd use her in another way? They've been over-inflating her important and clout, using her to ignorantly lead needy people into slaughter. A figurehead that lined their targets up for easy shooting.

The twist for them is that she's not cracking over being in the middle of a murdered rally, she jumps right back and tries to use it to strengthen her resolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom