• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I need to give the Tactics game another try. I remember playing it when I was a teen when I got a PS1 and some games for free & absolutely HATED it because it was so difficult & took so long to finish a battle. But I also wasn't really familiar with Strategy RPGs at the time (I can't remember if this was before or after playing FE on GBA) & the other SRPG I was playing was Front Mission 3, which I was liking much more but then stopped since I hit a bit of a difficulty spike.

Also, Drakengard 3 is in desperate need of a PS4 version. Half the time, feels like my PS3 is chugging along to keep it running.

Final Fantasy Tactics is basically Final Fantasy + Berserk.

And it's fantastic.

Never beat Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Something about it rubbed me the wrong way, can't remember what.

Seda

Tactics Ogre is one of my favorite games ever. I adore it lots.

I think I might like FFTA more than FFT in terms of how the jobs/abilities work. Obviously the writing story stuff (if you care about that) isn't on the same level, and judges/laws can be annoying at times. I like all the FFT games.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still need to get around to Tactics Ogre.

I think the PSP version is on PSN for vita
It is, though I've heard either that or FF Tactics suffers from loading times & such.

....also, wait for a sale, I'm pretty sure S-E has discounted it for about 50% off a few times in the past.

I actually haven't played Tactics Ogre. Only Final Fantasy Tactics.

Ramza is one of my favorite videogame characters.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I tried getting back into FE with Awakening, & even with the Casual setting, the perfectionist in me wanted to ensure everyone stayed alive to ensure I was able to recruit everyone & get the relationships leveled up.

Honestly, despite how repetitive it can get, the only SRPGs I truly enjoyed & played through the end were the Project X Zone games, & I'd argue those aren't "true" strategy since they felt much easier & you controlled the input/attacks and figuring out the best strategies (i.e. what solo unit worked best with which team units).

Chase17

I played Birthright and Conquest back to back around launch, still need to play revelations though. Maybe that's what I'll play before Sun and Moon consumes my gaming time.

I need to see how the plot stacks up to Birthright and Conquest
lol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I am glad we have an extended break with Hunter X Hunter and Shippiden since this is going to be a LONG Toonami.

Soulflarz

Banned
Tonight on an extra extra long edition of Daylight Saving Toonami, the Intruder is back yet again to torment TOM and SARA, Android 16's self-destruction plan hits a critical snag while Cell creates a group of miniature clones to wipe out Gohan's friends before his eyes, Dio's evil plan is laid bare but the power of the mask turns a routine arrest into a bloodbath, Tekkadan has completed its mission to deliver Kudelia to Earth but the question now is what's next, another letter from Gon arrives at Whale Island describing the climax of the Hunter Exam and the journey to reclaim Killua, Jiraiya makes his last stand while trying to ascertain the true nature of Pain, and the Straw Hats aim to take Oars off his feet as Franky leads their ultimate strategy: Tactics 15. Finally, after all that, take a journey to Agartha in a special presentation of Makoto Shinkai's gorgeous alternate dimension fantasy film, Children Who Chase Lost Voices.

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 92 - Tears For An Android! Gohan's Inner Rage Bursts Forth!
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 3 - Youth with Dio
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 20 - Brother
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 26 - Then × and × After
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 133 - The Tale of Jiraiya the Gallant
1:30 - One Piece - 367 - Knock Him Down!! Special Attack: Straw Hat Docking?
2:00 - Children Who Chase Lost Voices

in for IBO/hxh/OP, no real urge to watch dbzk/jojo today

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Crap, I forgot to deal with switching the time on my clocks. Oh well, guess I'll have to do it after the movie.

Glad Toonami is finally starting soon, my mind has been annoyingly thinking about my co-worker who cannot accept the fact there's a world outside of Nintendo games & will always ask "WELL HOW COME *game not on Nintendo console* ISN'T ON NINTENDO?!?" despite explaining the multiple reasons why & only can respond with "....WELL I WOULD'VE BOUGHT IT, SO THEY SHOULD'VE PORTED IT!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom