• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned

hDCdWgE.gif

zulux21

how in the hell do you confirm super before you confirm buu saga @_@

either way I am not expecting it to release until 2018 as buu saga needs to air on toonami first and then super can start airing and they can release it... (even if they don't wait the first 26 episodes are throw away anyways so I doubt we will get releases past them before super airs on toonami)

but it is still weird they haven't bothered to confirm buu saga.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
how in the hell do you confirm super before you confirm buu saga @_@

either way I am not expecting it to release until 2018 as buu saga needs to air on toonami first and then super can start airing and they can release it... (even if they don't wait the first 26 episodes are throw away anyways so I doubt we will get releases past them before super airs on toonami)

but it is still weird they haven't bothered to confirm buu saga.

Something that is probably up to Toonami itself. Also, I am thinking Dragonball Hour.

zulux21

So what's the explanation on what took so long? Toei again?

well it is still a safe assumption that they were waiting until it was closer to airing on TV in 2018.

the real question is why did they announce it so early now.

the only reason I can think of is that it won't actually be airing on toonami, but instead will be part of the weekday cartoon network. so instead of waiting until buu saga is over, perhaps in the summer when toys start coming out they will continue to air buu saga on toonami, but have super air during the week... maybe on weds or something.

Raxus

Happy B-day Mizer and Toonami Picasso!

Expected news was expected with DB Super. We are still going to have to trudge through the Buu saga to get to Super.

Can't wait until casual fans start calling it DBZ Super like I almost just did :p

ABOUT DAMN TIME!

Better brace ourselves for the inevitable Toonami dub premiere announcement
RIP Buu Saga Kai unless we get a Dragon Ball Power Hour, which would make me groan

Grexeno

They're not going to air Super and Buu at the same time, or air one but not the other. They're going to get as many weeks of DBZ as they possibly can.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So the surprise is that Funimation is dubbing a Dragon Ball property.

I think a bigger surprise would've been something among the lines of Sentai getting DB Super.

Well with Toei the way it is, it was sort of in question for a minute there if Super would be handed off to FUNimation.

well it is still a safe assumption that they were waiting until it was closer to airing on TV in 2018.

the real question is why did they announce it so early now.

the only reason I can think of is that it won't actually be airing on toonami, but instead will be part of the weekday cartoon network. so instead of waiting until buu saga is over, perhaps in the summer when toys start coming out they will continue to air buu saga on toonami, but have super air during the week... maybe on weds or something.

Why do people still think Cartoon network is still interested in anime? other then Pokemon they really don't care for anime any longer.

Nick and by extension Nicktoons doesn't care anymore either seeing as they let go of DBZ Kai altogether, Toonami and only Toonami is DB's home now.

I just don't see this happening, either will get Buu Kai first and wait for Super's dub or were skipping straight to Super dub which I seriously doubt.

zulux21

Well with Toei the way it is, it was sort of in question for a minute there if Super would be handed off to FUNimation.

Why do people still think Cartoon network is still interested in anime? other then Pokemon they really don't care for anime any longer.

Nick and by extension Nicktoons doesn't care anymore either seeing as they let go of DBZ Kai altogether, Toonami and only Toonami is DB's home now.

I just don't see this happening, either will get Buu Kai first and wait for Super's dub or were skipping straight to Super dub which I seriously doubt.

it's not beyond the realm of possibility that a network that has mostly moved on from something would bring back a series that helped raise them to where they are today.

dragon ball isn't just an anime... it's THE anime.

if they were to run any show it would be that. they aren't going to go back to airing a lot of anime, but it is totally possible that they would want to run super.

I mean the most likely case is still the super dub is over a year away especially since they wouldn't attach a date to it like all of their other dub announcements, but it's not the only possible case.

Bring Dragon Ball Super to Toonami!

A lot of people think it will be airing on a kid's channel thanks to the Toy deal that will be starting in Summer 2017. So it appearing on CN or Nicktoons wouldn't be that surprising.

I expect Buu saga Kai to appear on Toonami with little fanfare once the Cell Games are done. Super really killed any hype that dub could have had.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
In good news however...
FINALLY, SOMEONE RESCUED THAT SERIES & IT WAS FUNIMATION!!!!

Not too bothered with no dub, seems like it would've been hard to capture some of the humor, especially the deliveries, but just so damn glad it's finally coming to the US since Bandai closed their anime division down.

Funimation says it's coming out Feb. 7th & even will include the OVA episode. As mentioned above, it's only subtitled, but I'm totally okay with that.

I've never actually watched Nichijou but I've consumed tons of clips from that show. It's very charming, funny and has a surprisingly high production quality for a slice-of-life show.
It's a great example of a "random clip show", where you discover it via someone sharing a video of one of the many scene, then you want to find more, then it leads to watching the series. It has so many great moments, it's one of the few anime that I would legit actually would want to own (& I say this as someone who almost NEVER buys DVDs), especially if it means I can lend it out to a friend or two for them to discover as well.

Before I forget, Happy birthday, Mizerman!
Get an avatar you rebel.

I saw Doctor Strange in IMAX and it was definitely worth it. Very fun and ambitious movie.
The tone felt like a mix between Guardians and Ant-Man.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NARUTO - EPISODE SEVENTY-FIVE: Assassin Of The Moonlit Night

What is it?

Naruto has saved the day! He doesn't want to fight Gaara. Sakura is taking care of the Sauce...but is he losing control again? Naruto wants to know who the hell that is. Pakkun tells him its Gaara. Oh right, he's a monster that killed his mother in child birth and does weird sand stuff. Sakura is going to retreat with Pakkun but the Sauce has other ideas. More Kakashi telling Sauce to absolutely, positively not use the Chidori a third time. Oh wait, we get a bit more of the talk. If he uses his Curse Seal he'll ruin his development and never, ever beat Itachi. Gaara recognizes Naruto...oh it's that guy I didn't kill that time. He skips over him and goes straight for Sasuke.

Sakura is LEGIT SHOOK!

She takes one for the team, reminding Gaara of his one and only friend, the kid who basically raised him. He sand sticks her to a tree with his fist, but she looks to be alive. Temari thinks she's crazy. Gaara is flipping out with more flashbacks. Sand prevents him from cutting himself. Yashamaru doesn't want him to cut himself...or fake cut himself. Sand is going to protect him no matter what. Oh, this is right after the incident with the girl and the ball. Gaara feels awful that he hurt his only friend...and wants to know what pain feels like. It's difficult...upsetting. It's hard to take. You don't feel normal. You want to avoid it. Gaara wants to know if Yashamaru likes him...and he gets an evasive answer. He doesn't hate him! That helps! He's got a bit of heart pain you see. He's always in pain. Yashamaru cuts his finger to show that blood stops and the pain eventually fades away. But heart wounds are hard to heal. No medicine for it and it doesn't always heal. But there is one cure. From another person. THE POWER OF LOVE BABY! It's already been given to you by your dead momma! Oh, Yashamaru is Gaara's uncle on his mother's side. The sand that protects you is your mother's love. Wow it looks like Gaara had a better childhood than Naruto.

Tastes like iron.

Back in real time, Gaara is flipping out while Team Seven watches. The endurance death race continues. Lots of soul ripping and old man bleeding. Orochimaru screaming. Might Guy and Kakashi clowning fools at the stadium. Guy has beaten twenty. Make that twenty-one. Kakashi is stabbed in the abdomen!!!

It's always wood.

Wait it's wood. Leaf Hurricane takes one more. He's winning 23-22! Gaara needs some medicine in his flashback. Brings some medicine to the kids he hurt.

Doesn't go well.

Oh its a full moon. A drunk stumbles into him...and that doesn't go well either. It's those eyes of pure loathing. His father looks at him with not much better eyes but he's over the killing and just feels unwanted. Laments being a freak. Double flashback. Love will find a way. Someone is throwing a bunch of kunai at him. He can't believe it. His sand stops it. Sand coffin explodes the masked ninja. His finger has a bandage.

yZMvQrM.gif

You did well. What kind of fucked up last words are those? Back in real time Gaara wants to know why Naruto is still around. Who are these two to you in reference to Sauce and Sakura. They are his friends, aaah aah. Naruto tells Gaara not to lay a finger on them...and Sakura gets a bit sandier. Gaara wants someone to pulverize him and Naruto obliges.

BONUS: Even more LEGIT SHOOK.

A lot of people think it will be airing on a kid's channel thanks to the Toy deal that will be starting in Summer 2017. So it appearing on CN or Nicktoons wouldn't be that surprising.

I expect Buu saga Kai to appear on Toonami with little fanfare once the Cell Games are done. Super really killed any hype that dub could have had.

I still don't think thats gonna happen, you can have merch lines while being on [AS] Toonami.

Seda

I know this is perennially discussed here, but

Accounting for marathons, Gundam's replacement will begin to air right around the new year. Current Dragon Ball Z Kai ends a week later.

So, we should get two relevant announcements before the end of the year. Maybe early December?

Seda

They aren't even going to announce Buu Kai. It'll just be there one week.

That would be amusing to just keep rolling right into Buu as if those episodes existed dubbed the whole time, but I figure they'd want to market it even just a smidgen.

Levyne

Banned
That would be amusing to just keep rolling right into Buu as if those episodes existed dubbed the whole time, but I figure they'd want to market it even just a smidgen.

Adult swim does just kinda does what it wants to sometimes though. I wouldn't call it likely but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised.

Grexeno

Someone will ask DeMarco why they didn't make a promo for Buu and he'll be like "I don't know why we'd make a promo for regular ass new episodes of a show we've been running."

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not gonna lie

I'm VERY tempted to drop Kai if we get the Buu Arc. I'd only continue just to say I've seen most of DBZ & to back up my opinions of the show

Seda

Not gonna lie

I'm VERY tempted to drop Kai if we get the Buu Arc. I'd only continue just to say I've seen most of DBZ & to back up my opinions of the show

Watch the Gohan @ skool stuff and then yeah, feel free to drop it. Nobody likes the Buu arc!

Moaradin

I'm really interested in Buu Kai actually. It's probably the part I remember the least, and I'm really curious how the pacing is improved since I remember Buu having the most filler in the series.

zulux21

I know this is perennially discussed here, but

Accounting for marathons, Gundam's replacement will begin to air right around the new year. Current Dragon Ball Z Kai ends a week later.

So, we should get two relevant announcements before the end of the year. Maybe early December?

that sure would be a swell time to start airing a little show called full metal panic...

which would be able to air in the entirety in the year (it currently has 49 episodes) and then in jan 2018 they could start airing full metal panic IV, the new series that will air in japan fall 2017.

aka they would have a few months to dub it.

I'm really interested in Buu Kai actually. It's probably the part I remember the least, and I'm really curious how the pacing is improved since I remember Buu having the most filler in the series.

I have been curious how the changed the gohan stuff since it's quite a bit different in the manga and videl comes off a lot less dumb in the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom