• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breads

Banned
Haven't watched Naruto in like 12 years.

I like it much better without the kids and their stupid communication problems.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Oh my god.

That Treasure Cruise commercial showed v1 luffy and ashura zoro co-captains for the Frieza battle. They're fucked.

Seda

That's true, but personally Pain is a bit too on the nose for his name

If the writing was smarter I would say that the fact that he chose his own name to be "Pain" would be a deliberate indication that the character is still childish with his whole plan/ambitions here. But no, Kishi probably thought it sounded cool.

If the writing was smarter I would say that the fact that he chose his own name to be "Pain" would be a deliberate indication that the character is still childish with his whole plan/ambitions here. But no, Kishi probably thought it sounded cool.
To be fair Naruto's target demo is young boys. Maybe they think it's cool too. :p

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Your not considering that English words sound cool in Japanese

Apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom