• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Jiraiya is basically my favorite character in naruto, I remember v
Crying my eyes out when I first saw this episode

Mik317

remember when Naruto was the underdog who pulled off crazy wins and had to work super hard for everything?

well fuck you

This was the beginning of the end for me with the Naruto series when this happened in the manga. I didn't stick around for too long after this. Such a shame, as the series started off quite strongly with its very first chapter I thought. Way to kill off your best adult character, Kishimoto. He really was the Sirius to Naruto's Harry.

zDjHtcT.gif

BBboy20

Did they seriously killed him off like a red shirt just to make room for flashbacks?

Like, it's hard to feel emotion when you're annoyed on how his final fight played out.

Seda

It sums up his character arc really well.

In general, I feel like failure and mistakes are really interesting things. Most stories seem to ignore them completely, or fail to notice them in their own character writing.

Heck, one of the reasons I like FMA so much is that the main premise is basically "Hey, we fucked up, and now we're going to make amends as best we can"

This might be a little judgemental, but I also feel like a lot of audiences don't really 'get' mistakes in fiction. Like, a character has a lapse of judgement, or doesn't make the ideal decision, and suddenly the character is apparently garbage or trash because they aren't perfect.

Next episode is probably one of my favorite episodes of Naruto, it legit makes me cry, i might be a bit more effected by it after hearing it in english which is what i watched the anime first in.

the only problem i have with yhe next episode is that it wouldve been a perfect time to maybe develop naruto and hinatas relationship a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom