• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just did a quick check on Wikipedia. Apparently Asuna is 16.

Yeah... that's weird. She and her class all look 12.
Yeah, uh, no, I'm calling bull on that. Especially since they gave us that bath scene. She & her class do NOT look high school.

Korigama

So much for not straying from the path home.
I just did a quick check on Wikipedia. Apparently Asuna is 16.

Yeah... that's weird. She and her class all look 12.
Come on, seriously?

*has a look*

Hm, says around 15, so close enough...still older than what I was thinking (12 at most sounded about right to me as well).

images

Seda

Yeah, uh, no, I'm calling bull on that. Especially since they gave us that bath scene. She & her class do NOT look high school.

High schoolers can look still really young, younger than you think or remember (have you been in a high school recently?) but the entire class here looked like middle school at most. Just the artstyle I guess.

(I taught in a high school for a year about a year ago)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Despite only seeing two other Shinkai films, this is probably his weakest. Not to say it's bad by any means (& the dub is alright, especially by Sentai standards), but it feels like the pacing goes from slow to super fast at times.

Seda

I think like this movie wants to keep things a secret for the viewer (who are these boys, this place, the people after them) in attempt to keep things interesting (like a mystery) but I feel like there's almost not enough information given to the viewer to entice our attention in the first place.

Moaradin

I think like this movie wants to keep things a secret for the viewer (who are these boys, this place, the people after them) in attempt to keep things interesting (like a mystery) but I feel like there's almost not enough information given to the viewer to entice our attention in the first place.

That was my main problem with the movie

And I still felt that way by the time it was over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom