• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Is this journey filling you with whimsy & magic?"

............that was a weird cut.

also Shinkai loves his beautiful skies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell is with the cadence on Asuna's lines? It's like they didn't even know where in the conversation they belong.

Korigama

I havent seen mononoke but i feel like this movie wants to be mononoke
*has seen it*

Maybe a little. The magical beasts sort of gave a Mononoke vibe (wasn't paying attention to the deer one mentioned, which would definitely give that impression).

Important haircut time...eh, never thought much of that trope (and Asuna will probably still keep calling him Shun anyway).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thoughts so far:

- Dub is alright, though by Sentai standards, it's probably the best we've had on here.

- It REALLY wants to try to simulate Ghibli, but doesn't really succeed aside from looking very pretty, though at least it's an interesting concept. Just not executed great.

- I'm glad I'm seeing this, but I feel like I won't have any desire to rewatch it, plus will be kind of hard to recommend unless they liked Shinkai's other films & had interest in this. Very "meh"

- Pacing seemed to be an issue early on, not sure if it'll get better. Seems to be going slower compared to earlier.

Seda

*has seen it*

Maybe a little. The magical beasts sort of gave a Mononoke vibe.

Important haircut time...eh, never thought much of that trope (and Asuna will probably still keep calling him Shun anyway).

The important haircut as a character moment is usually a bit too cut and dry for me. It feels like its drawing too thick a distinction in something that should be more gradual.

That said, honestly, Shun/Shin are barely characters in this movie in the first place, so its whatever.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
...........oh god, I was gonna joke "watch as the teacher is the dad", but then they decide to bring it up.

Now it seems possible that it'll happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom