• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Naruto is by far the worst show on the block right now, although to be fair, ive been falling asleep during it because of Iron Blooded Snorephans
Naruto Shit Pudding cannot be the worst show on the block while the Bizarre Character Assassination of Dio Brando is airing.

Jarate

Banned
I would say the original series of Naruto, not including the filler, was consistently above average.

The start of Shippuden is when the series goes downhill.

I can't consider a show starring Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke to be a good show. Those characters are just horrid. But this is a convo for another day and another time, I will say this, the music in shit poopden is better then OG Naruto.

My thoughts on the stuff I missed.

DBZ Kai: Holy shit, rose-colored glasses are a hell of a drug. I always looked back fondly on the Cell battle but even in Kai form this shit is ridiculous. Half the episode was Gohan toying with the Cell Jrs. Still, at least with only 4 episodes left in the season/series I know we can't go any lower than this.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: This series is perfection itself. So cheesy and yet still incredibly cool. English dub is fantastic as well. Speedwagon's VA in particular is hamming it up just right. Just great work overall by the entire cast though.

Gundam IBO: Oh fucking god, I could feel it coming but it still hit me like a ton of bricks. Fucking shit, man. Not Biscuit.

Hunter x Hunter: I was here for the second half of this episode but the first half was pretty great too. Wing and Zushi have always been such interesting characters to me. Always fun to see them again.

Well, now i'm all caught up again and ready for tonight.

Raxus

If memory serves it isn't the first time a penis is shown. Hell South Park had an entire episode recently about boys showing their weiners.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I didn't think there were actual naughty bits in Kill la Kill. They had barbie doll anatomy in the last two episodes.
There was an episode or two involving Mako's little brother being naked because he sold the suit that everyone had to wear for Ragyo's visit, which eventually captured them.

It wasn't "naughty" per say, just really undetailed, but it was still removed from the US airing.

If memory serves it isn't the first time a penis is shown. Hell South Park had an entire episode recently about boys showing their weiners.

Comedy Central and Adult Swim have different standards for what they can get away with. CC doesn't have to share a channel with Cartoon Network.

cntr

Banned
wow, I didn't know there was an Air Gear anime

What was the point of that? I can't imagine the anime had Oh! Great-level art.

*watches current episode of DB Super*

Holy shit, Timey Wimey nonsense gone to 1000 here. but the existence of Time Patroller Trunks makes sense now (sort of, doesn't confirm anything just theories are starting to make more sense).

Sticking to the Dragonball Super manga. Don't even mind that it's behind.

It's like the situation with an anime watcher but in reverse. Instead of the manga coming out first, the anime does. And I don't have to worry about Toei's shitty animation nor do I have pry through the annoying as fuck lesser adaptations of the movies.

I got to the Super Saiyan 3 vs. Beerus fight and said "NOPE!" and dropped it.

Little while later I decided to check the fight with Hit on Youtube and had it reaffirmed that I had made the correct choice.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
wow, I didn't know there was an Air Gear anime

What was the point of that? I can't imagine the anime had Oh! Great-level art.
I remember having a Newtype magazine that had the first episode on it.

....and it was censored with crows.

zulux21

Atelier looks fun, but it's one of those games where im not sure if it will be good, or if the only reason why people like it is because of anime girls.

Moe anime girls like those that are found in the atelier series in general are horrible abominations.

still mostly true for the atelier games as lots of stupid drags down the story.

luckily the story is only loosely there to tie together exploring dungeons to get items, fighting monster in a decent turn based combat, and being able to play with a large item creation system.

most of the characters I don't even like in the atelier games, but i still find them fun because of the gathering of items and creating everything. if that interests you then you should pick up the cheapest one you can find for the ps3 not named rorona, and try it out likely just skipping through the story :p

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
WVW69j0Pq9YPrFSIPI

*Ate one today, it was good.*

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
how do ghost pokemon have weight

It's negligible in most cases. Gastly's line weighs just tenths of a gram.

I will say I am really liking Z-moves, maybe as much as Megas. I'm actually trying to rework my team to fit in Decidueye in my head while I play. He's really good and has a lot of utility, I just need to figure out a good build.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looking ahead on my Charter schedule, it seems to be the regular schedule. Guess no Thanksgiving marathon this week, especially since we probably would've heard of something by now?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
OH goody, it's the stupid slow-mo old people fight.
Between a pedophile and a Nazi.
Thanks Family Guy!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
ooooohhhhhhhh, so Space Between Us is..........basically The Martian but written as a stupid teen love story.......

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I have to wonder if Japan knew the Cell Games weren't as awesome as people remember, at least compared to Namek so that's why Frieza gets more of the attention.

*shrugs*

I almost laughed. But the fact that it was a fight between an old pedophile and an old nazi and the show's narrative wanted me to root for the pedo kind of kept me from doing so...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I have to wonder if Japan knew the Cell Games weren't as awesome as people remember, at least compared to Namek so that's why Frieza gets more of the attention.

*shrugs*

We...still haven't even got to the best part of the Cell Games. Well, we got the first good bit with Goku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom