• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not going to be around a ton until December...so it's time for a new avatar!

Properly formatted.
Nothing that will get me banned.

Best one wins. I'll pick the best one posted before TOONAMI starts.

Seda

Not going to be around a ton until December...so it's time for a new avatar!

Properly formatted.
Nothing that will get me banned.

Best one wins. I'll pick the best one posted before TOONAMI starts.

I have two this month

YBddmZ3.png

or

HQxYOk6.png

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Mother's Basement talks about Naruto not being as bad as people think. I imagine there are spoilers for people that only know the series through the current place on Toonami.

Looking back, Naruto wasn't a complete trainwreck. It did have a somewhat decent conclusion, even if some of it had to be wrapped up in an additional 10 chapter side-story, but even then it had closure.
Probably doesn't help that Bleach screeched into its ending like a Crash Test Dummy heading towards a wall

Mother's Basement talks about Naruto not being as bad as people think. I imagine there are spoilers for people that only know the series through the current place on Toonami.

Looking back, Naruto wasn't a complete trainwreck. It did have a somewhat decent conclusion, even if some of it had to be wrapped up in an additional 10 chapter side-story, but even then it had closure.
Probably doesn't help that Bleach screeched into its ending like a Crash Test Dummy heading towards a wall

I watched that video yesterday. I did agree with his overall point that Sasuke and the Uchiha's dragged the plot down.

I still like Naruto overall. It did go the DBZ route of the power escalation getting out of hand. I forgot how creative a lot of the early battles were.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
X1rUkb2.png

Someone else make it transparent, I don't have the tools.

It's the appropriate punishment for what he's said.

I've self punished myself. I've lost my wallet and am watching the shows that formerly made up the Chiller Block. This week I've already watched "Is This a Zombie?" and Devil May Cry: Featuring Dante From The Devil May Cry™ Series. I've started Black Blood Brothers from episode four...and I can't even remember the name of the fourth show.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It was Tokyo Majin. & to think it lasted a whopping TWO WEEKS.

Three weeks, hence why I started on episode four.

Is this a Zombie remains the best show, and even then...it's a good concept with marred execution. Devil May Cry looks okay, has an okay dub, but is instantly forgettable. Basically my ears perked up whenever Strawberry Sundaes or Pizza was mentioned then I tuned out the rest. BBB...I've watched one episode so far tonight and it nearly put me in a coma. Tokyo Majin was so dumb I'd completely put it out of my existence.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Chiller is so lame, it doesn't even have an HD version. The only way to watch it is in SD.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Chiller is so lame, it doesn't even have an HD version. The only way to watch it is in SD.

That Chiller Anime Block came and went so fast.
It isn't helped that the only way to get the actual channel is if you own the most expensive channel package that nets you just about everything. It's not something you can just get on the cheapest package like Cartoon Network.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It is better than a lot of people give it credit for, but at the same time it's really bad which is a damn shame because with a little editing and rewriting it could be absolutely fantastic. There's a lot of really good ideas in there that are just ruined.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Naruto is great. Part II isn't. It's really that simple.

Pretty much, part 2 ruins the entire thing. Literally my only complaint about part 1 is that there weren't enough arcs of team 7 doing shit between when it's formed and when Sauske leaves Konoha. Even one would have been enough.

cntr

Banned
Naruto should've ended at the Sasuke/Naruto fight in the valley, bleh.

Pretty much, part 2 ruins the entire thing. Literally my only complaint about part 1 is that there weren't enough arcs of team 7 doing shit between when it's formed and when Sauske leaves Konoha. Even one would have been enough.

that filler episode where they try to find out how Kakashi's face looks was pretty good

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I argue it time and again, a timeskip between the Great Naruto Bridge and the Chunin exams is all that's needed. A year or two. They start so young you'd not even need to explain them growing at all.

That and...who the hell actually raised Naruto?!? are my biggest pet peeves of part one. I can understand J-man not doing it; he was looking for the savior...but why didn't the THIRD raise him?!? Or hell, just age up Iruka a couple of years and have him do it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
that filler episode where they try to find out how Kakashi's face looks was pretty good

I do like that the anime added like not only that, but an entire arc of team 7 doing shit. It really helped make Naruto's desire to find the Sause a lot more believable in the anime.

I argue it time and again, a timeskip between the Great Naruto Bridge and the Chunin exams is all that's needed. A year or two. They start so young you'd not even need to explain them growing at all.

That and...who the hell actually raised Naruto?!? are my biggest pet peeves of part one. I can understand J-man not doing it; he was looking for the savior...but why didn't the THIRD raise him?!? Or hell, just age up Iruka a couple of years and have him do it.

A time skip would actually work too. I'd still hold we needed another arc at least.

I can buy that complaint too, but they could just shove him in an orphanage and there's the fix.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I do like that the anime added like not only that, but an entire arc of team 7 doing shit. It really helped make Naruto's desire to find the Sause a lot more believable in the anime.

Tea Garden Race arc. It's pretty bad, but at least it is some bonding.

Somethings in Part I Naruto aren't that good but it's solid enough overall.

It's odd though because the three main characters are the ones I hate the most. Naruto I like a little more then the other two but he annoyed me quite a number of times and wasn't as endearing as he should have been for the shouty Shonen Protagonist... mostly because when he got shouty it was most often him complaining about stupid shit.

And yet I'd always get infuriated when Sakura punched him for it. Cause I hate that bitch more.

And I hate Sasuke too. I think he's fucking terrible and I'll always lament how the story shifted to being about him and his shitty family and their magic emo eyeballs.

And the Sakura and Ino flashback in the Chunin Exams was garbage tier nonsense.

But I love the Chunin Exams and I like the Sasuke Retrival Arc. The Search for Tsunade was boring... and I gave it a chance again when I was older and no, it was still kind of boring.

The Zabuza stuff was good too.

Lots of good stuff in early Naruto. Especially Shikamaru. And Rock Lee. And Might Guy. And Kisame. And Orochimaru. And Dosu Kinuta. Good stuff.

Raxus

It is better than a lot of people give it credit for, but at the same time it's really bad which is a damn shame because with a little editing and rewriting it could be absolutely fantastic. There's a lot of really good ideas in there that are just ruined.

Toriyama and Kishimoto are prime examples how editor interference can basically kneecap a series, especially in Kishi's case. I wish I could go into more detail than that but *spoilersno.gif*

Naruto had decent ideas, terrible execution.

Basically, this.

There's so many shoddy writing decisions in Part II that have soured some of my favorite scenes from Part 1.
The Uchihas, the Sharingan, the "Child of Prophecy" plot thread that comes out of nowhere, the Naruto/Sasuke rivalry and other things that I can't bring up due to entering spoiler territory.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ordered God Eater 2, should be here by the end of this month.
I need to get back into God Eater Resurrection so I can finally play GE2. It basically fixes most of the issues I have with the MH series & was enjoying what I played....but I wish I could switch my character's voice because he repeats so many lines & he sounds like Klein from SAO.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, TOM goes Intruder hunting, Gohan stomps a mud hole in Cell and walks it dry, JoJo and Zeppeli arrive in Windknights Lot and it's not long before they find themselves facing a pair of Dio's fearsome zombie knights, Tekkadan has to pick themselves up following the loss of their comrade as the road to Edmonton still lies before them, Gon and Killua seek to learn about Nen from Wing but Killua's less than impressed by the explanation, Sasuke confronts his brother Itachi at long last, Kuma delivers a message to his fellow Warlord and Moriah decides it's time to give Oars a hand in his battle against the Straw Hats, and Saitama gets pissed at some villains cramping his style and ends up running afoul of the ninja Speed-o'-Sound Sonic.

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 94 - Perfection's End! A Fury Beyond Super Saiyan!
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 5 - The Dark Knights
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 22 - Not Yet Home
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 28 - Nen × And × "Nen"
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 135 - The Longest Moment
2:30 - One Piece - 369 - Oars + Moria! The Most Heinous Combination of Brains and Brawn
3:00 - One-Punch Man - 4 - The Modern Ninja

Line_HTX

"Exhausted by repeated battles with Gjallerhorn, Tekkadan members are still determined to go to Edmonton."

God, I love my DirectTV synopsis.

I would say the original series of Naruto, not including the filler, was consistently above average.

The start of Shippuden is when the series goes downhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom