• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
Is Mikazuki a deconstruction of a Gundam protagonist? One that doesn't care for his enemies and won't bother listening to the sob stories.
He's sort of a deconstruction, but it's more that he's very well-written as a character. Stoic Gundam protagonists are emotionless sociopaths who have stupid philosophies about peace, Mika's a calm guy who feels emotions, and doesn't give a shit about philosophy and all that rubbish.

He kind of reminds me of
Jotaro
, actually

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oooooh Canada. Two episodes left.

He's sort of a deconstruction, but it's more that he's very well-written as a character. Stoic Gundam protagonists are emotionless sociopaths who have stupid philosophies about peace, Mika's a calm guy who feels emotions, and doesn't give a shit about philosophy and all that rubbish.

He kind of reminds me of
Jotaro
, actually

That makes sense. Already has his philosophy set.

Seda

Same here. He's teetering on being an antagonist.

Nah. He knew Karta would get in the way again. Karta hasn't shown any mercy in fighting children. If Mika 'turned the other cheek' here, he was risking more comrades would die. He did what he had to.

I guess I feel bad... but I think that's mostly because I feel uncomfortable about all this...

I dunno. I'm not really on either of their sides here.

I don't like Mikazuki and I don't like the princess girl.

Orga is alright. Everyone else is alright. Biscuit was my favorite character but he's dead now.

Hmm.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Feels like IBO is going to go down as the show that started & ended off well, but had a rather bleh middle part.

When we left Dort & had that space battle that lead into landing back on Earth, I'd say that was when it was getting better again.

ckohler

Nah. He knew Karta would get in the way again. Karta hasn't shown any mercy in fighting children. If Mika 'turned the other cheek' here, he was risking more comrades would die. He did what he had to.
I agree with all of that. But I still think he's unhinged and could snap anytime.

cntr

Banned
That was my impression when I watched the show too. Great beginning and end, terrible middle.

It's time for NEN SCHOOL.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
People often talked about Kirito being a watcher-fulfillment character, and I never entirely agreed.

I would agree with Mikazuki being one, though. He acts like he doesn't care for the shows rules, and is just doing what we, the bloodthirsty watches, want.

I kinda like him for being that (as opposed to the cast of Naruto, for instance), but at the same time... it feels like much too easy a way to make him likable.

Carta's death here feels odd, but kinda nice in a way. It feels like we finally get to see the battle-babies do something that shows what a twisted upbringing they've been through. But listening her talk of rules and stuff, and Mika just kill her off through it all, does feel a bit disgusting. He feels much closer to being the villain in the situation, than she did.

From the 200th floor on...
tumblr_ngpl6284M41svuewto1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom