• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
now we see why this was almost made by studio ghibi

a moral about how we need to not pollute the planet & all that

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
uuuggghhhhh, giving it a second chance, this granny va is not great, & that gravely style certainly isn't helping

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"hmm, maybe I should ask for a lighter or some matches so I can make fire like last time oooorrr this rusty old knife"

oh hi nightmare fuel shot

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh god

that kit kat commercial should not have been funny

but it made me at least roll my eyes in that "oh you" way

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe it's just because I'm a Jojo fan, but this could be one of Toonami's best promos

Either way, they sure know how to sell you on a show

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
this garbage, which saved us from a monster who was gonna kill us, is awful & how could people do this

now let's debate if we should off the monster who killed people & was about to kill us

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
but....this guy was gonna kill you

& already killed others

what if fate makes him revive & even madder & will try to find you & kill you again

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Knowing how Ghibli/Miyazaki films tend to have some kind of environmental messages to them (Pom Poko was the most blunt, especially at the damn end), I can't help but wonder how they would've handled this considering they wanted to make a movie from this.

At first I didn't get why Shinichi went back and decided to kill him but now I see that it's the mangaka's heavy handed way of beating into the audience that humanity is the true parasite and all that. Shinichi takes matters into his own hands because it's what benefits humanity. Those damn humans! Time for another episode.

Mizerman

Knowing how Ghibli/Miyazaki films tend to have some kind of environmental messages to them, I can't help but wonder how they would've handled this considering they wanted to make a movie from this.

I think they would've pulled it off. Ghibi's messages don't really come across as annoying.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think they would've pulled it off. Ghibi's messages don't really come across as annoying.
As long as it's not like Pom Poko, which literally ends with THE CHARACTER TURNING TO THE CAMERA & TELLING PEOPLE TO TAKE CARE OF THE EARTH.

& so, the final time Parasyte will be on the block....too bad it's one of the worst episodes.....

Raxus

As long as it's not like Pom Poko, which literally ends with THE CHARACTER TURNING TO THE CAMERA & TELLING PEOPLE TO TAKE CARE OF THE EARTH.

& so, the final time Parasyte will be on the block....too bad it's one of the worst episodes.....

Considering the dark times of Sentai block it could have been much worse and been an Akame ga Kill! repeat. At least Parasyte has its moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom