• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering the dark times of Sentai block it could have been much worse and been an Akame ga Kill! repeat. At least Parasyte has its moments.
uuggghhh, thank god AgK didn't get the rerun slot.

Speaking of Sentai, it'll be interesting to see when they'll return to the block.

Raxus

uuggghhh, thank god AgK didn't get the rerun slot.

Speaking of Sentai, it'll be interesting to see when they'll return to the block.

The only two noteable shows they have so far is Food Wars! and Log Horizon and I highly doubt either will be on the block.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
damn, they sure are milking this promo for what it's worth, & they've still got next week to show it as well

Mizerman

Considering the dark times of Sentai block it could have been much worse and been an Akame ga Kill! repeat. At least Parasyte has its moments.

It's kinda amusing that although AgK did well ratings wise, Parasyte managed to edge pass it viewer wise.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The only two noteable shows they have so far is Food Wars! and Log Horizon and I highly doubt either will be on the block.
I like Shokugeki no Soma, but that has a better chance of being on Food Network than it does Toonami. If a sports anime can't do well with viewers, why would DeMarco put a cooking show on an action block? I know we know that, but I've heard some people suggest it which makes no sense.

I wouldn't mind Log Horizon since from the few episodes I watched, it seemed alright, but FREAKIN' PIMP CAT. Plus viewers would whine "ugh, SAO rip-off"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
heeeyyy come oonnn nooowww

pleeaaase don't hurt her

i'm being super serious right now

can't you tell how afraid i am right now

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
hey murano

i know you were just held hostage & almost fell to your death but

remember when i threw that dead puppy into the garbage

it's okay, i didn't, now let's have an intimate moment

Raxus

hey murano

i know you were just held hostage & almost fell to your death but

remember when i threw that dead puppy into the garbage

it's okay, i didn't, now let's have an intimate moment

"Hey who put all these bones in the garbage?"

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
WVW69jrd_AETkos-za

WVW69jrgEncoRW89Uo

WVW69jrgFwUZdRVVx5

WVW69jrgg44yvw5NPA

LATER

Raxus

Great stuff SAB, those last two pictures are making me BREAKDOWN with laughter.

See you are getting the poses ready for JoJo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
weellll crap, Toonami night instantly feels ruined since I got someone at my door saying that I was possibly making noise preventing them from sleeping. Thankfully, they were very calm about it, but now I feel terrible considering I do my very best to ensure I don't cause noise & things seemed to be fine for the past 2 months since I've been living here. Hell, I only got up from the couch about 3 times within the entire span of Toonami tonight

All I could do was constantly apologize while trying to figure out what could've caused it & now I feel afraid to even get up from the couch because I'm trying to figure out what was different compared to the previous weekends that would've been the cause...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
OHOHOHOHOHOHOHO. This is a masterpiece, SAB.

Haha, just had to do it ;) Thanks!

Saitama's got that look in his eyes.

Figured I already did "OK", so had to switch around. Let's pretend he gets hyped for things every once in a while, lol.

.... part of me wants to scream in horror, but... I only know of Accel World from DB Fighting Climax. I'd give it a chance until proven disgusting.

Great stuff SAB, those last two pictures are making me BREAKDOWN with laughter.

See you are getting the poses ready for JoJo.

XD Yup, Between Murata comics and JoJo's shenanigans, Toonami's got a lot of fancy artsy stuff hitting the block. Really is great. And JoJo's give excuses for some FOTNS references, which I'll never turn down.

Seda

weellll crap, Toonami night instantly feels ruined since I got someone at my door saying that I was possibly making noise preventing them from sleeping. Thankfully, they were very calm about it, but now I feel terrible considering I do my very best to ensure I don't cause noise & things seemed to be fine for the past 2 months since I've been living here. Hell, I only got up from the couch about 3 times within the entire span of Toonami tonight

All I could do was constantly apologize while trying to figure out what could've caused it & now I feel afraid to even get up from the couch because I'm trying to figure out what was different compared to the previous weekends that would've been the cause...

If it's your TV volume, consider using wireless headphones for your TV maybe?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I'd try this. Also if you're one of those dudes who wears shoes inside, don't.

Hell, it could just be the guy had insomnia and couldn't sleep last night.

Regiruler

This is why apartments suck.

Although is it just me or is Toonami quieter than the commercials inside it? I always have to turn the volume down a lot for the commercials.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This is why apartments suck.

Although is it just me or is Toonami quieter than the commercials inside it? I always have to turn the volume down a lot for the commercials.

That's how regular TV works these days. The volume on the commercials is actually turned way up.

I- I actually like Accel World ....Probably not for the intended reasons, but I still like it...

It's allowed to have slice of life shenanigans so unlike SAO which is all edge all the time, AC softens the blow by being really fucking goofy when not talking about VR. Some people might hate this but eh. I had a good laugh.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How is that judged by? Average and highest decibels?

Average volume, yes. Which is why commercials still seem louder, because a show might have a much louder opening than the quiet minutes during the show, for example, whereas a commercial hits that same average volume in just 30 seconds.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering I had the TV on for almost the entire time Toonami was on (save for Shippuden), I don't think it was that. I should've gotten a complaint about my TV being loud much earlier during the block. I basically had it on twice for 2 hours each totaling 4 hours, & the complaint happened about 10 minutes after the TV was turned off.

I'd try this. Also if you're one of those dudes who wears shoes inside, don't.

Hell, it could just be the guy had insomnia and couldn't sleep last night.
It wasn't shoes, but I had my slippers on last night. Maybe it was those?? But at the same time, I remember only getting up from the couch about 3 times within those 4+ hours that Toonami was on last night.

It just seemed weird because I felt as though I didn't do anything different & I asked for a top floor room for this exact reason. I knew I wouldn't be noisy & didn't want to risk this sort of thing happening during the day when I was trying to sleep from my night shift.

& now that I think about it, I was never told what the sound was or a description was, which maybe I should've asked so that way I could've known & told her that I'd work on that, i.e. "I apologize, I'll turn my TV volume right now"

BBboy20

I can't help but notice they didn't show her tongue actually touch the floor.
That's one way in which Jojo is superior.
b5uf0Md.gif

Why am I still here? Just to suffer? Every night I feel my arm. The body i've lost, the comrade i've lost...won't stop hurting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F86cYaCGyw

SAO rip-off
If it's better, then I'll take it.

I heard Accel World is the better story; who is taking bets they'll ruin it?

Dude knows what's up.

Mizerman

I like Shokugeki no Soma, but that has a better chance of being on Food Network than it does Toonami. If a sports anime can't do well with viewers, why would DeMarco put a cooking show on an action block? I know we know that, but I've heard some people suggest it which makes no sense.

I wouldn't mind Log Horizon since from the few episodes I watched, it seemed alright, but FREAKIN' PIMP CAT. Plus viewers would whine "ugh, SAO rip-off"

I wouldn't even doubt it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not even sure what Toonami could be doing that's so amazing at this point. Pretty much all the holy grails are already here.

DBZ is here. Naruto is here. One Piece is here. One Punch Man is here. Hunter X Hunter is here. JoJo is here. They even managed to get a Gundam back on the air. Gurren Lagann was already here. Kill la Kill was here. Evangelion has been here (sorta). Cowboy Bebop has been here. Samurai Champloo came back. Inuyasha finally got to finish after all these years. Soul Eater was here. Hellsing was here. Black Lagoon was here. Bleach finished its anime run after over a decade on the block. Even Sword Art Online was here. Space Dandy had world premieres here. Samurai Jack is about to get new episodes for the first time in well over a decade. We had another Intruder event, and we're about to get yet another one in a few weeks. FLCL inexplicably has 12 more episodes coming.

Like, where else is there to go from here? Big O III? Berserk (somehow)?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
*Her hat is winking at me!*

I think this makes it clear that one thing HxH is missing from YYH is a Botan-like character. Clearly, the animators enjoyed getting to draw a female character too!

And even though it's funny in a ridiculously dark way, this shows way of dealing with death is... so bad. I'm forced to feel that those killed are not "characters", but simple, obvious narrative plot devices, and everyone in-universe is in on the joke.

And this, in turn, diminishes my ability to say "Awww, Gon is so special and cute and innocent!" because he shrugs off vicious deaths and loss of life as if it's a non-factor. I'd much rather take the melodrama of Fumi-tan and the random girl who died in Kudy's arms in IBO. At least they seem to know the lack, or strength of reacting to death says something to the viewer (unless it involves human debris!)

I did enjoy seeing Gon calm down, and consider the older guarditor's life before pushing forward. Still not enough to fight the crap death reactions, but good in the grand scheme of things.

I swear HxH has the least hooks in me of anything besides Shippuden right now. And that succckkks (or... licks a floor. Your choice!) But I honestly keep forgetting what comes on after IBO, lol. I'm even going to miss hearing Next To You from Parasyte now; but Gon's happy field-trip sounding theme hasn't really lured me into HxH as deeply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom