• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"omg, i want to pair him up"

"you should see the fan art I drew of him"

"i want to see if there's any part of him that's not cyborg"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Meh, being the last post on a page is kinda useless, so I'll post it again here.

Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 97 - A Bittersweet Victory! Until We Meet Again!
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 8 - Bloody Battle! JoJo & Dio
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 25 - Tekkadan - END
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 31 - Destiny × And × Tenacity
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 138 - The End
2:30 - One Piece - 372 - The Incredible Battle Starts! Luffy vs Luffy
3:00 - One-Punch Man - 7 - The Ultimate Disciple

Later.

cntr

Banned
8fi8Tvx.png
Kind of interesting that there's only one continent.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Once again, a reminder that we are indeed getting a Jojo marathon to celebrate Xmas (so episodes 4 through 10), then for new years, we're getting a DBZ Kai marathon (episodes 92, i.e. when Gohan goes Super Duper Saiyan, through 98).

......interestingly, 98 is technically the "final" episode of the Cell arc, is it not?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thought you were going to go for the ol' KOF 14 v. 1.10 graphical upgrade but Windjammers is just as sweet.

Shit eating grin Killua up top is the best.

So much fun stuff, Wanted X in Mehvill to make an appearance too, The Parappa Remaster...thing.. and basically a lot of things that have nothing to do with Toonami, ha.

Killua with that smug grin on his face.

Their interactions together really make Killua seem much more like... a full character... than his random killing of those 2 dudes on the Airship. Considering how not-right-in-the-head our 2 protags here are, they're much more human and full-thinking when bouncing ideas and thoughts off each other...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well that's a bummer. The voice of Mega Man X, Domon Kasshu from Gundam G, & Irvine from Zoids passed away.....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
G Gundam sounds like it would be right up my alley. A group watch also sounds really fun. The BD version would make for a good excuse to bring it to the block.

cntr

Banned
You know, I just remembered what the plot and goal of Gundam IBO actually was, I forgot they explained it super badly.

So there's this country composed of Russia and Canada, right? Arbrau. It's controlled the region of Mars where Tekkadan lived. Arbrau is implied to not be a democracy, and elects its leaders by parliamentary fiat. But to be elected, you need to physically be there.

Kudelia got invited by this old guy, Makanai, to discuss giving the Arbrau-controlled section of Mars autonomy, which Gjallarhorn doesn't like. So they get to Earth, find out that Makanai got thrown out by his rivals, and he cuts a deal saying that if they get him back to Edmonton and let him be elected, which Gjallarhorn also doesn't like.

So that's what the plot of Season 1 is. Get Kudelia to Earth, then get this old guy to Edmonton, so that he can bribe them back with Martian autonomy.

Raxus

Wow we are getting back up to 200 pages again. Praise JoJo. Although this begs the question will we be keeping this thread for the rest of december or are we going to pair up Dec/Jan?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So Toonami-gaf, since I know a few of you are playing it, how is Final Fantasy XV?

Worth the wait?

Surprisingly good. There's a lot more of Xenoblade in there than I ever would have expected. Dungeons have amazing atmosphere, too.

Story presentation is a mess, though. Kingsglaive and Brotherhood are basically required viewing to get the whole story.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So Toonami-gaf, since I know a few of you are playing it, how is Final Fantasy XV?

Worth the wait?
I don't know if it's gonna win any game awards, but it's the complete opposite of what happened with Duke Nukem Forever.

Hell, it feels like Square Enix learned their lesson from FF13 & within minutes of starting the game, you realize you have a decent sized map where you explore & open it up later up to make it even bigger.

My only complaint so far is trying to remember which locations have specific hunts. Might just be something I can find in the menus to remind me "oh, I have to go to this location to start the quest". Not sure what to think story-wise since I'm only at Ch. 3 or 4 because I've been spending a ton of time doing the side-stuff. I will say, as someone who hasn't seen Kingsglaive yet (I got the blu-ray disc via Deluxe Edition) or Brotherhood, there was a few "wait, WHO are these people?" moments.

At the very least, I'm still enjoying it & get a few laughs from the interactions from the group, even if it's easy to make "lol they look like a boy band" jokes, especially with the random photos.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Worth the wait?

For me, easily. While I'm no fan of the huge boy-band concept, I think what they did with it is all done quite well.

I think it does a great job of doing things that feel welcoming, but also many things that feel as if they satisfy the desires of someone who'se played RPGs since the NES days. I love all the specific animations in combat, and I think (unlike with XIII) that the A.I teammates, enemy attacks, and potion-popping system all feel like they work together. I don't care about controlling my teammates, because they pretty much do what I want anyway. Noctis Multi wep set IS playing multiple characters, functionally.

If there's anything I don't like, it's that Noct seems a bit more flat than I want him to be in delivery (making him feel snarky when he doesn't need to be, insensitive when he's suppose to sound concerned, etc), the designs are too similar most of the time (Cor should really not be wearing a fancy suit too, for my taste; regional fashion could be a bit more varied), and it throws off the urgency by how loose time seems outside of the main quest (which isn't really bad, player-wise).

But overall, I'd say it was worth the wait, because it's an "open world" I don't dislike all the player characters in, ha. Reminds me of the way I felt when I first played Tales of Vesperia, in that it's not cutting corners due to lack of western AAA money. It's a JP game with classic gaming sensibilities wrapped around modern expectations, and I think it pulls it all off quite nicely.

BBboy20

BfT7Sf2.jpg

Attack on Titan game suuuuuuucks from what I understand. Be forewarned.
Responses have been positive on my end.

Final Fantasy Versus 13....I mean FF15 & Last Guardian commercials on the same night.

Kind of surreal in a way
Probably intentional.

SHARPEST CHAINS EVER
That is just how powerful Tarkus is.

"Left my family behind" Hmm, wonder if this will come back in someway.

I guess spilled organs were too much for Jump's standards back then.
Even though they allowed Tarkus to literally wring out a guy to drink his blood.

This was more graphic in the manga.
You see the face get peeled off

*shudder*
Well, you don't see the baby, just skin and a ear that is being ripped off, it's origins being off-frame.

This envelope is filled with money JoJo!

We got it for nothing!

That and these chicks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag
My dad always cranks the volume up when the main riff starts.

what the fuck is THAT thing?
Nothing special.

Well that's a bummer. The voice of Mega Man X, Domon Kasshu from Gundam G, & Irvine from Zoids passed away.....
...christ. :(

You know, I just remembered what the plot and goal of Gundam IBO actually was, I forgot they explained it super badly.

So there's this country composed of Russia and Canada, right? Arbrau. It's controlled the region of Mars where Tekkadan lived. Arbrau is implied to not be a democracy, and elects its leaders by parliamentary fiat. But to be elected, you need to physically be there.

Kudelia got invited by this old guy, Makanai, to discuss giving the Arbrau-controlled section of Mars autonomy, which Gjallarhorn doesn't like. So they get to Earth, find out that Makanai got thrown out by his rivals, and he cuts a deal saying that if they get him back to Edmonton and let him be elected, which Gjallarhorn also doesn't like.

So that's what the plot of Season 1 is. Get Kudelia to Earth, then get this old guy to Edmonton, so that he can bribe them back with Martian autonomy.
So...they couldn't find a way to sneak Makanai and Kudelia into Edmonton? They basically spent days being an sitting duck in the await of a meeting?

Let It Die seems like a bad video game unfortunately
if you consider not having the exact finesse as a Souls game is bad, I suppose. =/

Next week on Jojo is The Three from a Faraway Country Part 2 but the anime title is taken from Fire and Ice, Jonathan and Dio

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like trying Let It Die because it's Suda51, but then I heard "it's kind of like Souls" which turned me off.

At the very least, it's free, so maybe I'll give it a download.

Also, I don't know what feels weirder: Seeing the Capcom Cup on TV, or the fact that I actually bothered to WANT to turn on ESPN2.

ooohhh maaaann, guys, Morrigan & Captain America are in a Capcom crossover fighting game, what a suurrrpprriiisseee

BBboy20

I feel like trying Let It Die because it's Suda51, but then I heard "it's kind of like Souls" which turned me off.
Hideyuki Shin.

Well, it does seem a bit overwhelming with the information overload but once you figure out the controls and how stuff works, it becomes, probably, the most accessible Dark Souls.

Mizerman

At the very least, it's free, so maybe I'll give it a download.

Also, I don't know what feels weirder: Seeing the Capcom Cup on TV, or the fact that I actually bothered to WANT to turn on ESPN2.

ooohhh maaaann, guys, Morrigan & Captain America are in a Capcom crossover fighting game, what a suurrrpprriiisseee

Yeah, who could've seen that coming.

(Though Cap's look is more like the movie's style...)

Mizerman

OK, so I need clarification here. Blonde Captain Marvel can be interchangable with Miss Marvel or what?

Carol Danvers (blonde girl) used to be called Ms. Marvel, then eventually became Captain Marvel. Kamala Khan (huge fangirl of Carol) took up the name of Ms. Marvel. So yeah, two different characters nowadays.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
OK, so I need clarification here. Blonde Captain Marvel can be interchangable with Miss Marvel or what?

Carol and others were known as "Ms. Marvel" for a long time... Kamala was created in 2013, and took up the name as she idolizes who has now become "Captain Marvel".

Considering when I think Ms. Marvel I think "Weren't you also Binary?!", the particular name being involved with a mix of powers and origins doesn't throw me off too much. Kamala seems like she'd be a fun way to have a cuter, spunky Mr. Fantastic-a-like in an MVC game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom