• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchie64

If anything, Toriyama's a good comedian, just not a good story teller or good at drama/serious stuff. I read a few volumes of Dr. Slump & aside from a few poop jokes, it was still enjoyable & humorous at times.

It doesn't help half the problem of DBZ is that there's no urgency of death because they have a literal deus ex machina that just lets them wish people back to life, even when they try to be all "oh noes, we don't have the dragon balls" or "we already wished him back to life once" when we know they'll pull something to bring someone back or whatever.
Nah, Toriyama was a great storyteller at his peak. The second tournament arc has some amazing stuff in that regard.

Seda

I was tired of all the lights shows and tricks, and so I was like "enough lights shows and tricks"

i love his redundancy here

TheOGB

Banned
"Not cool dude!"
4tCIK.gif

Yamcha pls, you're killing me

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Its really too bad they are going to cut out the best filler episode in the history of anime. Goku and Piccolo getting their drivers licenses.

hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom