• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say "Yo, Victory Gundam is where it's at!"
It's my second favorite behind Zeta. It's got great music, good themes, great fight choreography, good characters, good artwork. I'll admit it's grim and weird, but I think it's a pretty good show and better than a lot of the more recent Gundams.

It's my second favorite behind Zeta. It's got great music, good themes, great fight choreography, good characters, good artwork. I'll admit it's grim and weird, but I think it's a pretty good show and better than a lot of the more recent Gundams.

I didn't personally watch all of it to be honest. I got halfway through it, and just stopped. Granted that was a while ago, so maybe I should give it another shot.

I didn't personally watch all of it to be honest. I got halfway through it, and just stopped. Granted that was a while ago, so maybe I should give it another shot.
I always tell people to watch it with an open mind. Characters or more consistent than Char's Counter Attack characters, Katejina withstanding, though on repeat viewings one can see that she's a bit off even in the first episode not mourning the village that was just carpet bombed. It's not "happy ending" Gundam, but it's actually still pretty darn good.

cntr

Banned
Jokes aside, I've heard Victory Gundam was good.

People just don't talk about it much since it's relatively stand-alone, and nobody won.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Jokes aside, I've heard Victory Gundam was good.

People just don't talk about it much since it's relatively stand-alone, and nobody won.

Well, without Victory Gundam we probably would not have gotten G Gundam, so it has that going for it.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| Seasons Beatings from the Joestar Family

Do it, bunny mod. Also happy first day of Hanukkah/Christmas Eve/all the other relevant holidays! Hope you guys are living it up.

Grexeno

Nominations are now open for the 2016 ToonamiGAF Awards!

Yes, another year has passed, which means it's about time for 5 people to engage in mortal combat over a set of categories to determine the best and worst of Toonami in 2016!

Nominations are being accepted for the following categories:

Worst Moment
Best Moment
Best Fight
Best Villian
Worst Character
Best Character
Biggest Disappointment
Best Surprise
Most Wanted New Show
Best Performance by a Voice Actor
Best Performance by a Voice Actress

All shows which aired new episodes this year are eligible. For shows which began before this year and aired new episodes this year, only those episodes that aired this year are eligible (please refer to MetatronM's post from the beginning of the year.

You may make up to 3 nominations for each category.

Feel free to post your nominations in the thread, but please also PM them to me, or I cannot guarantee your nominations will be accepted.

Nominations will close at midnight on January 6th!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
worst moment: when they fought cell
best moment: when cell was defeated
best fight: not cell
best villain: not cell
worst character: cell
best character: gohan for beating cell
biggest disappointment: cell arc
best surprise: the fact cell arc actually ended
most wanted new show: something that doesn't have cell
best performance: dio

my completely serious nominations

Grexeno

worst moment: when they fought cell
best moment: when cell was defeated
best fight: not cell
best villain: not cell
worst character: cell
best character: gohan for beating cell
biggest disappointment: cell arc
best surprise: the fact cell arc actually ended
most wanted new show: something that doesn't have cell
best performance: dio

my completely serious nominations
Gonna have to be a bit more serious. :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
worst moment: when dimension w was on toonami
best moment: when akame ga kill left toonami

Nah, for real, this kind of is a tough year for certain categories. I want to honor both Seitz's Dio & Sinclair's Brook, so figuring out how to handle that (maybe dio for villain, sinclair for performance). Feels weird that we had the last 3rd of AgK this year.

Part of me can't wait to see what gets nominated for most wanted new show that isn't Mob Psycho 100 or maybe My Hero Academia

Remind us, how long is a "moment" considered? Like, can I nominate "when the Champloo crew played baseball" or is that too long since it's the basis for an episode.

cntr

Banned
Worst Moment: "[Itachi] was trying to save you.", "Have a senzu bean, Cell!"
Best Moment: The hamon leaf glider, Oars' spine getting crushed, and Joseph pulling out a machine gun.
Best Fight: Dio vs. Jonathan in the Joestar Mansion.
Best Villian: Dio Brando, McGillis Fareed.
Worst Character: Sasuke Uchiha, Tobi, and Ein Dalton.
Best Character: Dio Brando, Jonathan Joestar, Mikazuki Augus.
Best Surprise: How good the Phantom Blood dub actually was.
Biggest Disappointment: That we didn't get to the worst moment of Naruto this year.
Most Wanted New Show: My Hero Academia, preferably S1 and S2 together.
Best Performance by a Voice Actor: Patrick Seitz, as Dio Brando, and Johnny Yong Bosch as Jonathan Joestar.
Best Performance by a Voice Actress: No idea, but probably someone from Kill la Kill if I was around for that

tl;dr, Jojo.

e: aw shit, how could I forget Ian Sinclair for Brook?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The only other thing that I can think of for best surprise is the new graphics we got because maaaaan they look so nice, but then again, we were expecting a change in the layout with Intruder 3, so not sure if it qualifies as a surprise.

....unless I can nominate "getting One Punch Man & then Jojo back-to-back" as best surprise, because those two in a row is awesome.

Grexeno

worst moment: when dimension w was on toonami
best moment: when akame ga kill left toonami

Nah, for real, this kind of is a tough year for certain categories. I want to honor both Seitz's Dio & Sinclair's Brook, so figuring out how to handle that (maybe dio for villain, sinclair for performance). Feels weird that we had the last 3rd of AgK this year.

Part of me can't wait to see what gets nominated for most wanted new show that isn't Mob Psycho 100 or maybe My Hero Academia

Remind us, how long is a "moment" considered? Like, can I nominate "when the Champloo crew played baseball" or is that too long since it's the basis for an episode.
For Best Moment, it absolutely cannot be longer than an episode, but I suppose the Baseball could be nominated because it isn't the entire episode.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh god, that's right, we started 2016 with the 2nd episode of that One Piece filler arc.

Captain Puzzle for worst character.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What 2017 will bring for Toonami:

Dragon Ball Super
Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters
JJBA: Battle Tendency
Gundam Unicorn
The end of Heaven's Arena, along with Yorknew in Hunter x Hunter
The Pain arc of Naruto Shippuden
The end of Thriller Bark, as well as Sabaody, Amazon Lily, and the beginning of Impel Down in One Piece

Moaradin

Dragon Ball Super
Gundam Unicorn
The end of Thriller Bark, as well as Sabaody, Amazon Lily, and the beginning of Impel Down in One Piece

How could you not mention Yorknew for Hunter x Hunter

Dragon Ball Super
Gundam Unicorn
You guys didn't finish the Pain Arc yet?! Oh oh God, you have no idea how bad the ending to that is if some of you are dub only.

Dragon Ball Super
Gundam Unicorn

I'd be very surprised if we didn't get the second season of AOT before the end of the year.

BTW, that new trailer was cool, but it spoiled a lot.

Grexeno

My nominations:

Worst Moment:
Cell survives his own self-destruction because reasons (Dragonball Z Kai)
Goku gives Cell a Senzu Bean (Dragonball Z Kai)
Sasuke defeats Orochimaru (Naruto Shippuden)

Best Moment:
Zeppeli accepts his death (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood)
Joseph whips out a Tommy Gun (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency)
Final crew attack vs. Oars (One Piece)

Best Fight:
Straw Hat Pirates vs. Oars (One Piece)
Jonathan vs. Dio - Mansion Fight (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood)
Saitama vs. Boros (One-Punch Man)

Best Villain:
Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood)
McGillis Fareed (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans)
Perona (One Piece)

Worst Character:
Captain Puzzle (One Piece)
Yukimaru (Naruto Shippuden)
Syura (Akame ga Kill!)

Best Character:
Brook (One Piece)
Jiraiya (Naruto Shippuden)
Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood)

Biggest Disappointment:
Intruder III
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
Permanent Gundam timeslot

Best Surprise:
Hunter X Hunter acquired
Full Roundabout
Dragonball Super acquired

Most Wanted New Show:
Mob Psycho 100
My Hero Academia
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

Best Performance by a Voice Actor:
Ian Sinclair as Brook (One Piece)
Patrick Seitz as Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood)
Keith Silverstein as Hisoka (Hunter x Hunter)

Best Performance by a Voice Actress:
Erica Mendez as Gon (Hunter x Hunter)
Cristina Valenzuela as Killua (Hunter x Hunter)
Felecia Angelle as Perona (One Piece)

Worst Moment: Itachi face-turn (Shippuden)
Best Moment: Father/Son Kamehameha (DBZ Kai)
Best Fight: Jonathan vs. Vampire Dio Round 1 (JJBA)
Best Villian: Dio Brando (JJBA)
Worst Character: Ein (MSG: Iron Blooded Orphans)
Best Character: Jiraiya RIP (Shippuden)
Best Surprise: Phantom Blood dub being so good.
Biggest Disappointment: Intruder III
Most Wanted New Show: Mob Psycho 100
Best Performance by a Voice Actor: Chris Guerrero (Gekko Moriah, One Piece)
Best Performance by a Voice Actress: Christina Valenzuela (Killua, Hunter X Hunter)

Dragon Ball Super
Gundam Unicorn

And presumably the new season of Samurai Jack. 2017 is looking like some good shit.

How could you not mention Yorknew for Hunter x Hunter

I'm super curious who Bang Zoom will cast for the rest of the Phantom Troupe. Like, Patrick Seitz as Uvogin almost feels like a given. And I got the sneaking suspicion that JYB will be cast as Chrollo given how he has voiced characters like Izaya and Lelouch in the past lol.

Moaradin

I'm super curious who Bang Zoom will cast for the rest of the Phantom Troupe. Like, Patrick Seitz as Uvogin almost feels like a given. And I got the sneaking suspicion that JYB will be cast as Chrollo given how he has voiced characters like Izaya and Lelouch in the past lol.

I think Uvogin will be voiced by Jamieson Price actually, since he seems to voice a lot of Akio Otsuka roles.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My nominations
That's a pretty damn good list. Maybe aside from one or two things, I honestly might have to agree with all of this.

Once I'm back home, I'll figure out my nominations & picks. I need to figure a way to put Dimension W on a worst category

Grexeno

That's a pretty damn good list. Maybe aside from one or two things, I honestly might have to agree with all of this.

Once I'm back home, I'll figure out my nominations & picks. I need to figure a way to put Dimension W on a worst category
Shoot the villian from Dimension W a Worst Character nom

So I decided to sit down and play a game not quite before my time, but just around the start of it.

250px-Quake1cover.jpg

Quake is an odd, odd, game. Why is it so hard to figure what triggers traps? Why are the bosses paced so far apart? Why does the game give me a pretty cool nailgun, and then immediately give me a super nailgun, making the original nailgun pointless?

I'm pretty sure the villain in Dimension W only shows up in the very last episode.

So really you should just nominate Mira for being the obnoxious waifu-bait that she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom