• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
tT1dLtN.gif

That looks really good

Episode 36 "President King Satan"
In this episode, Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler, and Imperial Bishop discuss GiTS coming back, Toriyama forgetting, reinforced coffins, Coco-Cola sponsorships, Hisoka's murder boner, Evil Tobi, and Straw Hat team-ups.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode036.mp3
Video:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode036.mp4

Timecodes:
0:00:34 News
0:12:58 DBZ
0:19:29 Jojo Part 1
0:27:22 Jojo Part 2
0:36:25 HxH
0:42:49 Shippuden
0:50:46 One Piece
1:00:13 Sign Offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

Also known as the episode where we gush about JoJo for fifteen minutes.

Damn, we lost another regular. No more Wednesday Night Chillers. :(

Screaming aside, I dunno that Goku is too far outside Sean's normal range.

On the other hand you can kinda hear Chris Sabat straining for Vegeta's speaking voice sometimes.

Schemmel 's natural speaking voice is deeper than his Goku voice.

With Sabat, the performance he does for Zoro in One Piece is actually pretty close to his normal speaking voice.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Also known as the episode where we gush about JoJo for fifteen minutes.
*sniff* would've been 20 if I was on.....

also freakin' hell, finally got one of my packages today, fedex says it's dropped off at the apartment office, drive to get it, turns out their closed so despite saying it'd arrive Wednesday, I now can't pick it up until Friday.

*sniff* would've been 20 if I was on.....

also freakin' hell, finally got one of my packages today, fedex says it's dropped off at the apartment office, drive to get it, turns out their closed so despite saying it'd arrive Wednesday, I now can't pick it up until Friday.

That sucks man. Similar thing happened to me today so I have to haul ass home before the Leasing Office closes at 6.

Chase17

Caught up on Jojo, so here are some thoughts
Episode 9: Wasn't really feeling this episode. I do respect the decision to brutally murder key characters though, wasn't expecting that.
Episode 10: This is better. I guess I'm already more interested because Joeseph is much more interesting than Jonathan (angry guy>gentleman I guess). Also bottle cap shennanigans and tommy gun out of nowhere is a good kind of silly for me, unlike whatever dio was doing in the previous episode. I don't know why there is a line for me when it comes to it, but some of the absurd stuff just clicks better than other things.

Looking forward to seeing more of part 2

Bummer to see Jarate is banned

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That sucks man. Similar thing happened to me today so I have to haul ass home before the Leasing Office closes at 6.
Yeah, ever since I moved into my apartment, there's been so many different ways I've gotten packages.

1.) Just left at the door
2.) In a special mail box where they put the key to said box in your own mail slot
3.) A note saying "hey, you need to come pick it up at the UPS Store" (which isn't too far, maybe 5 minutes)
4.) "Hey, we left it at the office since you weren't home"
5.) ....actually in my mail slot because it can fit

Thing is, since I work night shifts & don't wake up until 3 or 4 p.m., I tend to be home when they arrive, but I'm just sleeping & don't hear the door buzzer, and it's random as to when UPS/Fedex will arrive & how I'll get the package.

Also, I'm pretty sure one or two of you here have posted some of his videos, but anyone able to recommend this channel called "Mother's Basement"? I've heard he focuses on critiquing anime & does a "What's in an OP?" series that kind of sounds interesting. I have a decent amount of channels that focus on games, but would be nice to have more than one that just focuses on anime.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I watched Endless Eight last night in one big go.

It's almost as good this way as it was week to week back in the day. I don't think as a meta event this will ever be matched. So much effort is put into doing the same thing roughly eight times in a row. From reanimating almost the whole thing since people wear different outfits, some scenes take place at slightly different times/different angles, people choose different masks/iced treats, dialog is sometimes different to the fact that it goes so far to troll people who READ THE BOOK beforehand by faking out that ending...just masterful.

Yeah, ever since I moved into my apartment, there's been so many different ways I've gotten packages.

1.) Just left at the door
2.) In a special mail box where they put the key to said box in your own mail slot
3.) A note saying "hey, you need to come pick it up at the UPS Store" (which isn't too far, maybe 5 minutes)
4.) "Hey, we left it at the office since you weren't home"
5.) ....actually in my mail slot because it can fit

Thing is, since I work night shifts & don't wake up until 3 or 4 p.m., I tend to be home when they arrive, but I'm just sleeping & don't hear the door buzzer, and it's random as to when UPS/Fedex will arrive & how I'll get the package.

I hear ya. I work the evening/night shift at my job and don't normally get off until 1 in the morning so if I ever get a package delivered, i always have to wait until the next day to pick it up. It's only this week since Universities are getting ready to close for the Holidays, that my work schedule got shifted to day time.

Also, I'm pretty sure one or two of you here have posted some of his videos, but anyone able to recommend this channel called "Mother's Basement"? I've heard he focuses on critiquing anime & does a "What's in an OP?" series that kind of sounds interesting. I have a decent amount of channels that focus on games, but would be nice to have more than one that just focuses on anime.

I've watched a few of his videos. He does a lot of analysis vids on anime Opening and Endings, though they tend to go into spoiler territory. I really enjoyed his JoJo video.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll start with his Jojo ones. I watched another video that was recommending him & I know his stuff was posted on here previously, like some stuff about SAO.

& because I clearly don't have enough in my backlog, just started AA6 since it finally went on sale. Is it just me, or does the text seem.....slower in comparison to the previous games? But I'm also a fast reader, so I tend to want text to go fast. Also these puns continue to make me roll my eyes, but in that "oh you" way.

Maybe it's because I haven't actually played the game yet, but whenever someone is talking about Trico from The Last Guardian, my brain zips to the Pokemon first.

250px-252Treecko.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ace attorney 6 is on sale?

*rushes to eshop*
$20 right now, along with AA5 & Trilogy. I doubt the DLC is on sale (I can't even check yet for some reason), but I plan on getting that extra case. The one for AA5 was great, mainly because you got to cross examine an animal again.

Also, damn, I should've been keeping an eye on HDDs or SSDs for my PS4 during Black Friday (or asked for it as a Xmas gift), only a year later & I've pretty much used up my 500GB. I see a 1TB SSHD one for $72, might be the best I can get in terms of price & performance/storage.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At least it's not a perma-ban & he's only missing 2 marathons, meaning he'll be back in time for when we go back to our regular programming.

Keijo!!!!!!!! Episode 12 Season (Series?) Finale - The Heated Battle's Rear-End

Well, that's one way to include an uncensored nipple.

Overall, Keijo was a fun guilty pleasure/time-waster. Following the cliched beats of a sports anime kept it from being hollow and despite the audacity of the fights, it embraced the madness full-on.

7/10

Chase17

$20 right now, along with AA5 & Trilogy. I doubt the DLC is on sale (I can't even check yet for some reason), but I plan on getting that extra case. The one for AA5 was great, mainly because you got to cross examine an animal again.

Oh yeah, if the DLC episode is anywhere as good as AA5's it will be a must.

So I checked out the Stardust Memory and 08th Team Gundam OVAs.

Stardust Memory. My god, the relationship melodrama between Kou and Nina. Like legit, I consider Kou the worst protagonist of any of these Gundam series I have seen so far. And Nina makes some really baffling decisions to the point where the writer tries to wrap it up with a happy ending left me really underwhelmed since neither character deserved one.

I felt the opposite about 08th Team. I really dug it. My biggest complaint is it was too short for the story it was telling. I actually think 26 episodes would have been the perfect length to give the characters more breathing room. And maybe it was from coming off of how much of a weenie Kou was, but Shiro Amada as the protagonist was a breathe of fresh air, especially since, not counting War in the Pocket, he finally broke the trend of moody, forced against their wills to fight, protagonists. I dug how he played off of his team, especially with Caren and Sanders. And as rushed as his romance with Aina was, it was cute. Aina might be my new Gundam waifu. :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My general rule is that my enjoyment of UC Gundam shows is directly proportional to when it fits in the chronological timeline, with the caveat that I haven't seen Unicron yet.

The earlier in the timeline it is, the better. I love MSG, 08th MS, War in the Pocket (Best UC show by a mile, second best overall) I tolerate 0083, the early show I like the least (plus it is gorgeous and has awesome eighties themes) I enjoy Zeta and ZZ. The breaking point is CCA, which I find unreasonably dumb. Everything after that is either disappointing or a tire fire.

cntr

Banned
Yeah the newer Gundams tend to be more...pretentious compared to the old shows, especially once the second season hits. It doesn't really work.

I was quite pleased by IBO because the bad bits are just really boring, not super horrible like all the shit that happened in 00 S2 or w/e.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So you can now get Crunchyroll, Funimation and a whole bunch of other dumb websites in one package for $9.99

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327735
Crunchroll, Funimation & Rifftrax in one package? Well that's rather tempting.

Also holy hell, I'm sorry for being off topic about package deliveries again, but SECOND DAY IN A ROW, another package can't just be delivered. I head out to the office to get my package I was suppose to get yesterday (office was closed so I couldn't get it) & notice UPS left a note saying "yeaaaah, sorry, you didn't come to the door, so you need to come into town to one of the stores & pick it up yourself oh btw you can't do that until the next business day so have fun waiting until monday."

IT'S A DAMN $10 BOOK, LEAVE IT ON THE DAMN DOOR STEP OR BETTER YET, TAKE IT TO THE OFFICE, FEDEX DID THAT. What if there was a Xmas present in there? Or better question, why was THIS Amazon order not just dropped at the office yet the one THAT CAME YESTERDAY WAS WHICH WAS FOR A MORE EXPENSIVE ITEM?

I know I probably am more frustrated than I should be, but this is just so stressful when it's the holiday season....

bigkrev

Crunchroll, Funimation & Rifftrax in one package? Well that's rather tempting.

Also holy hell, I'm sorry for being off topic about package deliveries again, but SECOND DAY IN A ROW, another package can't just be delivered. I head out to the office to get my package I was suppose to get yesterday (office was closed so I couldn't get it) & notice UPS left a note saying "yeaaaah, sorry, you didn't come to the door, so you need to come into town to one of the stores & pick it up yourself oh btw you can't do that until the next business day so have fun waiting until monday."

IT'S A DAMN $10 BOOK, LEAVE IT ON THE DAMN DOOR STEP OR BETTER YET, TAKE IT TO THE OFFICE, FEDEX DID THAT. What if there was a Xmas present in there? Or better question, why was THIS Amazon order not just dropped at the office yet the one THAT CAME YESTERDAY WAS WHICH WAS FOR A MORE EXPENSIVE ITEM?

I know I probably am more frustrated than I should be, but this is just so stressful when it's the holiday season....

Most of the stuff I order from Amazon comes from their local couriers. We have a gigantic fulfillment center about an hour away, which means they sometimes give one day or same day for the same price as the free Prime 2 day. Whenever it's coming from somewhere else though, it comes UPS and it NEVER gets here in the 2 day window. It's the worst.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Most of the stuff I order from Amazon comes from their local couriers. We have a gigantic fulfillment center about an hour away, which means they sometimes give one day or same day for the same price as the free Prime 2 day. Whenever it's coming from somewhere else though, it comes UPS and it NEVER gets here in the 2 day window. It's the worst.
Yeah, what makes this more annoying is that the book was suppose to arrive Tuesday or Wednesday after I ordered it on the 16th/last Friiday, but then Amazon told me "sorry, nope, coming Friday now" & now I can't pick it up until Monday. Thanks, TWO-day shipping.

Also, I like how I rant on Twitter & FedEx is the one that offers me assistance despite the fact they delivered my item just fine, it was just that the apartment office was closed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
plz bring part 4 to toonami

.........and to blu-ray, okay viz? I want to own the Jojo anime on Blu-ray, & this is coming from a dude who almost never buys blu-rays or DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom