• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

The great thing about JoJo is that even if you aren't a big fan of one part, the next part may completely blow you away since (without spoiling anything) each part is drastically different compared to the last.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The great thing about JoJo is that even if you aren't a big fan of one part, the next part may completely blow you away since (without spoiling anything) each part is drastically different compared to the last.
Yup. I don't try to hype any show up, just express if I'm glad it hit the block or not, but all I'll say is, if Part 1 isn't holding your interest, give Part 2 a shot afterwards. This is partly why I'm hopeful they'll make a Part 2 promo since it's a new cast of characters & all that.

I'm still waiting for that moment, myself (I've just begun the second half of Stardust Crusaders).

I'm just...ehh to JoJo. It's okay, but I'm definitely not anywhere near enjoying it like other people.

Neoxon

I'm still waiting for that moment, myself (I've just begun the second half of Stardust Crusaders).

I'm just...ehh to Jojo. It's okay, but I'm definitely not anywhere near in love with it like a lot of other people.
The most-loved parts seem to be Parts 4 & 7 based on the reactions I've seen from other JoJo fans (Part 4 being ongoing in Japan & on Crunchyroll). As far as the manga goes, it's still on Part 8.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The most loved parts seems to be Parts 4 & 7 based on the reactions I've seen from other JoJo fans (Part 4 being ongoing in Japan & on Crunchyroll).
My favorites are Parts 2 & 4, though considering we'll get Part 2 in a few months & Part 4 is currently airing, I'll just let the shows speak for themselves, especially Part 2.

.....oh god, Jojo is going to be the new One Piece, where all we do is talk about future events.

Neoxon

Part 4 is the one that started resonating with me the most. Enjoyed JoJo, but didn't love it until then.
Part 2 was when JoJo truly started to get my interest. And while I liked Parts 3 & 5, I liked Parts 4, 6, & 7 even more of the complete JoJo parts so far.

Never seen JoJo before. What should I be prepared for?

It's a manly show, mostly in the good sense, but not always. Doesn't have exactly great production values in terms of animation, but has a lot of style.

Also, expect posing. Lots and lots of posing.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
caught up on One Piece

gonna be real disappointed if we don't get a big Straw Hats vs Oars battle with everybody working together

will be super lame if it's just everybody hiding until Luffy beats Moria

don't let me down, anime

Raxus

It's a manly show, mostly in the good sense, but not always. Doesn't have exactly great production values in terms of animation, but has a lot of style.

Also, expect posing. Lots and lots of posing.

Later parts really improve things.

We also have the blu ray fixes.

Show of hands who hasn't seen any JoJo and who has only seen a bit?

Seda

Jojo is very over the top and comedic but in a way that seems pretty distinct. It's fun.

I've seen the first season of Jojo.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
But first we have to get through DBZ Kai.

DBZ fans need to try other series. They'd find more interesting powers than "BEAMS"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom