• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up on last week's comments. man, Gundam IBO has turned into a real hate watch for you guys huh? I haven't seen this many negative comments since AGK but at least it hasn't turned gutter level trash talking yet.

I've watched most of the Original UC (aka MS Gundam) series's and all of SEED's series's along with G gundam and Wing, bad pacing and awkward plot aside I pretty much knew what I was walking into but allot of you seem like you didn't which is leading to allot of these comments, Zonic is a good example of that.

Jarate

Banned
Catching up on last week's comments. man, Gundam IBO has turned into a real hate watch for you guys huh? I haven't seen this many negative comments since AGK but at least it hasn't turned gutter level trash talking yet.

I've watched most of the Original UC (aka MS Gundam) series's and all of SEED's series's along with G gundam and Wing, bad pacing and awkward plot aside I pretty much knew what I was walking into but allot of you seem like you didn't which is leading to allot of these comments, Zonic is a good example of that.

The show turned from good to mediocre-bad ever since they met harem dude

The show needs to get back to focusing on the good characters, Orca, Pikazuki, and my main dude Biscuit handling battles.

Also, Orca turned from a tacticool genius into a bumbling idiot very fast.

Jarate

Banned
Also, part 1 is amazing, but at least wait for part 2 if you arent particularly enthralled by part 1.

Part 2 is absolutely god tier.

BBboy20

Also I didn't realize Speedwagon has the same English voice as Hisoka and Deep Sea King. Silverstein seems to be pretty versatile and does a good job based on the roles of his I've heard.
Shit, was hoping to surprise some folks with this discovery when he appears.

Can't wait to read live impressions of Jojo tonight.

How many first-timers to the series will be watching?
I finished volume 2 of Phantom Blood so I'm just anticipating how the stuff I've read will be animated.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I mentioned on the podcast & I think on here that this is my first Gundam series & all I knew was it mixed giant robots with politics. Might've also mentioned I just can't usually care about politics, which is partly why I figured Gundam wouldn't be for me.

I wouldn't say I'm "hating" it among the lines of AgK or SAO, I'm kind of just.....bored & zoning out at the moment, but at least something like the funeral episode was just entertainingly silly. & it was honestly fine until the whole "guys, i have a brother omg look my brother, aw man my bro's dead....." part when it seemed like it was going downhill.

BBboy20

One Piece, HXH, and now Jojo, the one spot in American television where it has 3 of the most critically praised long-running shonen properties, all in one house.

Jarate

Banned
Is anyone against me bumping up the announcement thread to see if there's any interest from the OT

Good way to try and recruit some members

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just realized, thanks to the Halloween & Thanksgiving marathons, we most likely won't end Part 1 of Jojo by the end of the year now.

10/15: ep. 1
10/22: ep. 2
10/29: IBO Halloween marathon
11/5: ep. 3
11/12: ep. 4
11/19: ep. 5
11/26: Thanksgiving marathon
12/3: ep. 6
12/10: ep. 7
12/17: start of marathons or ep. 8

Basically, the final episode of Part 1 would be airing right at the beginning of the new year, especially if Dec. 17th turns out to be a marathon week. Would be even worse if they did air ep. 8 on the 17th, then had to wait THREE weeks for the finale.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Daylight savings time ending might do something tricky to the schedule.
Ahh, right, that would be on Nov. 5th (or rather, the 6th at 2 a.m.). My guess is they'll double up on something like DBZ again or maybe do more Jojo, then that way, finish Part 1 before the Dec. marathons & just air a night of episodes 3 through 9 of Jojo as one of the marathons for the month in case anyone missed it.

Seda

Pretty sure since the block cut back to 3.5 hours, Daylight Saving time jumps haven't affected it, right?

Not to say they never will in the future.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This will be my first time watching, legitimately starting from the beginning and not watching random over the top moments.

No bones about it...YOHOHOHO

7atwckN.gif

HO HO

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pretty sure since the block cut back to 3.5 hours, Daylight Saving time jumps haven't affected it, right?

Not to say they never will in the future.

I think they aired something last year (A AGK marathon I think?) and I know they just ended an hour later when it began this year.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think they aired something last year (A AGK marathon I think?) and I know they just ended an hour later when it began this year.
Yeah, AgK got the Halloween marathon last year, & that was when daylight savings happened, so it was basically just "oh, let's air two more episodes"

Seda

Oh right, Halloween and the end of Daylight saving time coincided last year.

This year, DST ends on November 5 - a week after the halloween marathon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah, AgK got the Halloween marathon last year, & that was when daylight savings happened, so it was basically just "oh, let's air two more episodes"

Otherwise known as the greatest, scariest Halloween marathon of them all.

By the way someone bought me AGK and I'm ripping it early in the year 2017 to gif the hell out of it.

Raxus

Otherwise known as the greatest, scariest Halloween marathon of them all.

By the way someone bought me AGK and I'm ripping it early in the year 2017 to gif the hell out of it.

I look forward to many inappropriate Leone gifs I can't view while I am at work.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I look forward to many inappropriate Leone gifs I can't view while I am at work.

Work is for working! I'll link any NSFW ones made on weekdays just for you pal. Weekends though, I can't help you.

I'll of course not post anything too lewd for school, like a couple of the SAO extra gifs Seda sent to the bant zone.

Crocodile

If one of the first things someone thinks of when somebody mentions a song name is "I wonder what kind of Stand would have that name" does that mean that person is too far gone?

I'm asking for a friend.

Have to ask: is it real?

The image
is real in that its a panel of the manga but its been edited to talk about a day of the week. In the actual manga, the group are in a submarine and celebrating that they just got to Egypt. This marks about the halfway point of Part 3. It will be a while since we get to that as the Jojo anime premiering on Toonami tonight only covers Parts 1 and 2.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Since Raxus made a detailed post about the series, I'll eventually go more into the name changes/references, but considering Part 1 doesn't have anything that got changed, it might be a while. Part 2 technically only has one name change, & I'll bring it up when we get to it.

Just something I'll want to get off my chest since it gets brought up a few times on the podcast but nobody seems to be sure as to how Viz will handle it for the Part 3 (& eventually Part 4) dubs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe some big moments in Part 1 & 3? But we're not hinting or talking about them, so no worries. Anything else has kind of been references or just been posted on the internet for jokes, the most "memorable" moments via Part 3's popularity, etc.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is there even really much to spoil in Jojo?

People have been spoiling names, engrish, that there are multiple parts, that there is a vampire dude, that the show has edited names/songs, all sorts of stuff.

They even revealed the name
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: The Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom