• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
vqcGBS7.gif

Crocodile

Is there even really much to spoil in Jojo?

Kinda not really?

A lot of it has seeped into the public/anime consciousnesses due to cultural osmosis. There are segments of Part III I would call spoilers if it wasn't for the fact that its like 20 years old and has been parodied, memed and referenced to hell and back so that even someone who has never seen/read Part III probably knows what I'm talking about.
Part I
has
one BIG SPOILER
and the Part is not iconic in the same manner as Part III for it to have been referenced to hell and back so I might want to avoid spoiling THAT. Not to say there aren't some things that would be better experienced without prior knowledge but overall the show is more about "how they do they get out of this situation?" than crazy, unforseen twists.

You're too far gone, sadly.

;P

You are already consumed.

I said a friend thank you very much.

I will let my friend know post haste.

My friend

Well, there are character deaths, relationships, and events and shit like that. Lots of it is so absurd that explaining what happened would come across as gibberish anyway, though.

atom-heart-father-825x464.png

Some things to note about Jojo:
* Many of the things affiliated with JJBA don't actually appear in Part 1.
* The "You thought it was ___, but it was me, Dio!" scene happens in the very first episode, for those keeping an eye out for it.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So I've missed the last month or so of Toonami due to work and traveling. Exactly how confused am I going to be by Gundam?

So I've missed the last month or so of Toonami due to work and traveling. Exactly how confused am I going to be by Gundam?

A little. This episode is basically the transition episode from the arc you missed to the final arc of the series.

All you need to know is that Tekkadan got roped into a revolution thrown by Space!Costco and Kudelia's assistant died.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Not too much.
They spent a lot of time fucking around in Space Costco, some violent protests happened, Kudelia lost her helper who was really a traitor.
Now Kudelia is all "I'm going to try and be useful now".

Anything else guys?

Line_HTX

Oh yeah, since I was watching Formula One last week cutting during IBO, what happened during that episode? I know that Kudelia had to watch Fumitan go bye-bye and those protesters got set up by Gjallerhorn real hard.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That's honestly the only thing I remember from last week's episode.

.....aside from "PINK!? SUCH A VULGAR COLOR!!!!"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
She's putting on Fumitan's charm and getting ready for the backroom poltical wheeling and dealing stuff.

This is not the first time they've done this with a riche naive princess type. The weird thing is though that in IBO it's kinda backwards. The reason why Gallerjorn and her dad want her dead at the beginning is because she's supposed to be a revolutionary type thinker on Mars...when all she's done is read a little about Joan of Arc and mentioned it at the party. Now she's actually a god damned revolutionary leading a movement in the colonies and not Mars.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
A little. This episode is basically the transition episode from the arc you missed to the final arc of the series.

All you need to know is that Tekkadan got roped into a revolution thrown by Space!Costco and Kudelia's assistant died.

Not too much.
They spent a lot of time fucking around in Space Costco, some violent protests happened, Kudelia lost her helper who was really a traitor.
Now Kudelia is all "I'm going to try and be useful now".

Anything else guys?
Who??

But otherwise it seems I picked a good time to come back

Chase17

Apparently dort was an automobile manufacturer. Have no idea why it would go out of business. Look out how it traverses those stairs!

Dortcar.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hopefully JoJo Parts 1 & 2 do well so Toonami can air the later parts.
I imagine part of the demand was for Part 3 to air, so I'm hopeful that Part 1 & 2 will do well. Might not do OPM numbers, but I would assume it'd always be above 1 million or at least 900k.

If anything, it's more of "when" than "if" at this rate, especially considering Part 3 is one of the more popular parts in the US.

So, do any of you guys happen to have a Funimation Now Subscription? If you do, would you recommend it? I've been on the fence about signing up, especially since they made that partnership with Crunchyroll.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
holy crap, gaf is being slow tonight. Sure hope it's fixed by the time Toonami starts, or else we're gonna have a lot of delayed reactions.

So, do any of you guys happen to have a Funimation Now Subscription? If you do, would you recommend it? I've been on the fence about signing up, especially since they made that partnership with Crunchyroll.
I don't have one, but based on the Crunchyroll partnership, it sounds like if you want to watch dubbed anime, then go for Funimation, but if you wanna watch subbed, especially as it's airing in Japan, go for Crunchyroll. Though I think if Funimation licenses an anime, it'll still be both if they do a simulcast/simuldub. Someone with a membership might be able to clear things up, but that's the best to my knowledge.

Neoxon

I imagine part of the demand was for Part 3 to air, so I'm hopeful that Part 1 & 2 will do well. Might not do OPM numbers, but I would assume it'd always be above 1 million or at least 900k.

If anything, it's more of "when" than "if" at this rate, especially considering Part 3 is one of the more popular parts in the US.
So the real question is if Part 4 will be aired, which needs to be the case. Basically, I'm hoping for JoJo to remain a Toonami mainstay like Dragon Ball is right now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Gaf just went down for a few minutes, but now seems to be working better.

So the real question is if Part 4 will be aired, which needs to be the case. Basically, I'm hoping for JoJo to remain a Toonami mainstay like Dragon Ball is right now.
Pretty much. I would imagine they might take breaks between each part so then that way, Viz can take time to finish up the dubs while letting Toonami air some other shows.

Neoxon

Gaf just went down for a few minutes, but now seems to be working better.

Pretty much. I would imagine they might take breaks between each part so then that way, Viz can take time to finish up the dubs while letting Toonami air some other shows.
I mean, Viz Media has been working on the Part 3 dub for a while. I wouldn't put it past them to have the Part 4 dub ready by the time Part 3 finishes airing on Toonami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom