• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
I wouldve joined Toonamigaf in its inception but I got bamned.for a month and then immediately got banned for 2 months. I then became a top tier poster, but I did miss a lot of Sao cause I was banned/asleep

SAO was definitely the peak of thread interaction.

I still think some people in this thread went out of their way to be offended by what happens in the show. It's a bad show and a poorly written one at that but some people were acting like they'd never seen a damsel in distress put into uncomfortable situations before and only SAO would stoop that low.

The fact is Asuna trapped in the game due to no fault of her own but because of who she is and who did the trapping. It's not because she's weak, the same thing would have happened to any person in her situation. She in fact does a pretty good job of almost escaping that time and holding her ground in a bad situation but some people in this thread were acting like it put back feminism fifty years.

EDIT: Talking about the second half of the show, Gorillaz. Asuna and some other people are still trapped in the game...for diabolical reasons.

Asuna being made a damsel in distress in the second arc didn't really bother me since the show already killed any attempt at her being a strong female character in the first arc.

(but to be fair there are no strong characters in SAO of any gender)

Soulflarz

Banned
Hey, im no OG member, but Steve Blum thanked me and my friends on twitter for bringing it back (some even got videos)

Prob the first 10000 tweets I had were all because of toonami.

daveo42

Banned
I've posted this before, but I didn't start posting in the thread until Space Dandy started late last year. I might have posted in there before about One Piece airing, but actual participation wasn't until Dandy.

Dandy will forever bring us together. SAO will bring us together in hate.

I wonder how many of us from back then are still regular posters.

That was before I even joined or even knew about GAF. I did watch it some of the April Fools block just because it was on.

Jarate

Banned
I got my account approved in 2 weeks then just ended up lurking the Rock Band thread for a while

ya'll are Neogaf babbies

Jarate

Banned
You kids and your 5 and 6 digit member id numbers...

you're the oldest man here

real picture of MetatronM

kjrUeDJ.jpg

I like how for no reason that gif says herojew in the bottom left corner, is that some kind of gif making software or image up loading place?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
you know, I don't know how I missed SAO. It was airing concurrently with Space Dandy, right?

Maybe that's before I stopped staying up for most of the night and just watched Dandy?

Grexeno

you know, I don't know how I missed SAO. It was airing concurrently with Space Dandy, right?

Maybe that's before I stopped staying up for most of the night and just watched Dandy?
This sounds dangerously close to curiosity. I beg of you stifle that right now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

It's on Netflix friend. Watch it and tell us what you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom