• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys should also watch the new Trigger anime as it's been fun and we all could use a little slice of life chuuni in our lives.

svwjL5F.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They've also done the 8th movie, Episode of Alabasta: The Desert Princess and the Pirates.
Oh right, the Alabasta recap. Completely forgot about that. I even saw that in theaters with my friend in high school.

That might be the only OP movie Toonami could show, considering the other two happen waaaayyyy after where we are at the moment.

Grexeno

Oh right, the Alabasta recap. Completely forgot about that. I even saw that in theaters with my friend in high school.

That might be the only OP movie Toonami could show, considering the other two happen waaaayyyy after where we are at the moment.
Yeah, if they're concerned about spoilers for One Piece we're probably about 3.5 years away from the possibility of Strong World on Toonami. And don't even get me started on Film Z.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They already aired Revenge of Cooler, which takes place after Freeza's defeat so... I wouldn't be surprised if they showed a spoiler-y One Piece movie

BatDan

I can see that happening, really all it would majorly spoil iirc is the 9th crew member

There's also
Zoro's Asura and Sanji's Diable Jambe. Plus, some people might not know Franky joins the crew. Oh and the Going Merry's replacement, the Thousand Sunny.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
But didn't they already show the Freezer arc on Toonami? Granted, it was back before the new Toonami, but still.

Grexeno

There's also
Zoro's Asura and Sanji's Diable Jambe. Plus, some people might not know Franky joins the crew. Oh and the Going Merry's replacement, the Thousand Sunny.
Franky joining the crew is probably something you could reasonably assume just from where the show is right now, even without cultural osmosis.

Toonami seems to have the same attitude toward spoilers as I do of "if it doesn't significantly impact the series or you can easily see it coming, then I don't care." I think most of the spoilers in Strong World fall under that umbrella. But I'm not sure they'd necessarily force that belief onto others, though; they did make an effort to stop using future clips in their bumps (even if they still do it from time to time.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
In other words, Strong World basically just spoils "HEY, these characters appear later in the series!" but nothing in terms of arcs that said characters originally appeared in?

In other words, Strong World basically just spoils "HEY, these characters appear later in the series!" but nothing in terms of arcs that said characters originally appeared in?

exactly. (not really crew spoilers, more like impressions spoilers for the crew)
the only really "shocking" addition to the crew was Robin way back in Alabasta. everyone they've met has been kind of obvious, and future ones are really no exception.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm okay with that, along with attacks &/or costumes unless they obviously spoil, say, a character wearing another character's outfit or the name of the attack flat-out states a spoiler. If anything, seeing future characters make me want to continue watching the series so I can wait & see when they actually appear & their role in the actual manga/anime.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm okay with that, along with attacks &/or costumes unless they obviously spoil, say, a character wearing another character's outfit or the name of the attack flat-out states a spoiler. If anything, seeing future characters make me want to continue watching the series so I can wait & see when they actually appear & their role in the actual manga/anime.

You'd be good with Strong World then. It spoils all of one thing, maybe two.

BatDan

I remember when Little Kurbioh used to actually put effort into his work

I get the feeling he doesn't want to do Naruto videos anymore. It all started as an April Fool's joke, then he made more to troll people, and now I think he only does it because the fans want it. Or it could be more trolling since this video had an extended scene of
Naruto pissing on a kid. And his urine was green. Gross.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Crap, I think I meant to say Freeza.

My point remains the same that DBZ already had the entire series air back in the day, so it was okay to air the movie that we got (or how we got the FMA movie since the original series aired a few times on Adult Swim). Where as with OP, the series is only as far as where Toonami is right now, so it wouldn't be as good of an idea to air one of the movies that takes place after where we currently are.

Jarate

Banned
So guys, im probably going to get flamed for this but...

Whats the appeal of Daft Punk. I understand they are wildly popular, and while im not heavy in the edm scene, all of their music just sounds really average in comparison to other musicians. Am I not lustening to something correctly

ckohler

Whats the appeal of Daft Punk. I understand they are wildly popular, and while im not heavy in the edm scene, all of their music just sounds really average in comparison to other musicians. Am I not lustening to something correctly

Oooh, TOONAMI should air Interestella 5555 during movie month!

Gorillaz

Daft Punk basically "perfected" house music with electronic flair. Literally all the EDM guys you hear nowadays have been modeled from them but lack the same House genre style. They were basically "first"

I liked Instant Crush from the new album alot despite it not being like their old stuff. I loved that Dandy's soundtrack had a very R.A.M vibe.

Jarate

Banned
Daft Punk basically "perfected" house music with electronic flair. Literally all the EDM guys you hear nowadays have been modeled from them but lack the same House genre style. They were basically "first"

I liked Instant Crush from the new album alot despite it not being like their old stuff.

I understamd that they are innovators in a way, but man, the songs are so dull and repetitive.

Is Glitch Mob anygood, im going to see their show on Sunday because my bros band is opening for them. Should I take selfies with them to piss you guys off

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
exactly. (not really crew spoilers, more like impressions spoilers for the crew)
the only really "shocking" addition to the crew was Robin way back in Alabasta. everyone they've met has been kind of obvious, and future ones are really no exception.
I would say that the (future events spoilers)
9th member was kind of "shocking," too, considering he didn't even EXIST prior to the chapter in which he joined. :D

LOLDSFAN

I understamd that they are innovators in a way, but man, the songs are so dull and repetitive.

Eh don't worry I feel the same way. When Dandy had some of those "Daft Punk" parts I wanted to mute the TV.

Also I think part of the popularity is due to them taking such a long time to release a new album. They built up a lot of hype and excitement for that.

BatDan

But #9 doesn't actually join until the end of the arc.

Technically he agrees to join, but only until he gets his shadow back. Otherwise he'll turn to dust in the sun. It's a stark contrast to some of the others who refused to join at first until someone pushed them into it.

bigkrev

It's commercialized, in a good way. It's something that both works on Radio and in clubs, and people love it.

I'm not the biggest Daft Punk fan in the world, but I'm the guy who listens to Tritonia and Above and Beyond every week and who worships Armin van Burren, so i'm clearly not the target

I liked Instant Crush from the new album alot despite it not being like their old stuff. I loved that Dandy's soundtrack had a very R.A.M vibe.
Having gone back and re listened to RAM made me realize it's more or less Future Funk without the Vaporwave connotation.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SAO was definitely the peak of thread interaction.

I still think some people in this thread went out of their way to be offended by what happens in the show. It's a bad show and a poorly written one at that but some people were acting like they'd never seen a damsel in distress put into uncomfortable situations before and only SAO would stoop that low.

The fact is Asuna trapped in the game due to no fault of her own but because of who she is and who did the trapping. It's not because she's weak, the same thing would have happened to any person in her situation. She in fact does a pretty good job of almost escaping that time and holding her ground in a bad situation but some people in this thread were acting like it put back feminism fifty years.

EDIT: Talking about the second half of the show, Gorillaz. Asuna and some other people are still trapped in the game...for diabolical reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom