• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOLDSFAN

Also, drop off from Naruto to One Piece is really depressing. Idk why people dont like One Piece in America

Because Shippuuden is obviously the superior shonen.

KB21Cfo.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That Twenty gif is LEGIT.

Also I finished watching Clone Wars. It gets really good near the end of season five and most of season six.

Vague general spoilers to follow.

Chancellor Palpatine has no L in his alphabet, he takes all the W's near the end of the series.

The only thing that bugged me at all is that the show makes it quite clear that the Jedi Council has almost all of the pieces they'd need to figure out that the Clone Army is going to betray them but then doesn't do anything about it.

Other than the slight issue I put in the spoilers I think Clone Wars is overall one of the best pieces of Star Wars media ever made. A step below the original trilogy, but way better than the Clone Wars and most EU books/comics/games.

bigkrev

Tv rating systems are ass
Honestly, I dont see why cable companies dont look at the shows everyone is watching and give that info to the netwroks. It would make more sense for the advertisers, and honestly, who would actually care if cable companies knew what you were watching (which they most likely already do)

Also, drop off from Naruto to One Piece is really depressing. Idk why people dont like One Piece in America

One Piece is never going to have that super DBZ/Naruto/Inuyasha/Bleach breakout moment, once that is accepted the ratings are on par for the series.

To me, it's always been that One Piece doesn't "look" like something the Hot Topic crowd would like. Naruto, Bleach, ect- they obviously appeal to 14-16 year olds with the way they look, while One Piece was something that 4Kids thought would appeal to kids. It has nothing to do with the content, it's just how the show looks.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
To me, it's always been that One Piece doesn't "look" like something the Hot Topic crowd would like. Naruto, Bleach, ect- they obviously appeal to 14-16 year olds with the way they look, while One Piece was something that 4Kids thought would appeal to kids. It has nothing to do with the content, it's just how the show looks.

Agreed. That demo isn't going to give a show that looks as cartoon-y as One Piece a shot if only because that's how they generally are. Style is important to that demo, so is looking grown-up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm less odded out by someone buying a physical PC game then someone buying a physical Vita game, let alone a collector's edition of a Lewd game.

bigkrev

I'm less odded out by someone buying a physical PC game then someone buying a physical Vita game, let alone a collector's edition of a Lewd game.

You can resell a physical Vita game, and storage space on the Vita is a real problem (64 gigs is nowhere near enough for the stuff I own)

Meanwhile, you still have to download most of the game and all the patches with the physical PC release.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait, they still make physical versions of PC games? But I thought they stopped doing that when I stopped buying PC games, which was.....late '90s?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Of SV? The LE IS the normal edition, unless you want it digital, then it's $10 less. I'd say the OST was surprisingly worth it. Adds another disc to my collection of pre-order & LE discs to listen to in the car.

Hey, thinking back to that DBZ tease from earlier, think we might see a DBZ Kai commercial soon?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What I'm getting at is that I wouldn't be caught dead with a Senran Kagura case in my house. Especially not with the digital version actually being cheaper.

Then again I really don't go in for special editions. I think I've only ever bought two of them at launch in my life and maybe a handful more used/on clearance.

One of them happened to be the last Naruto Wii fighting game which came with the first Shippuden movie for free. Not a great deal in the end because the movie blows.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What I'm getting at is that I wouldn't be caught dead with a Senran Kagura case in my house. Especially not with the digital version actually being cheaper.

Then again I really don't go in for special editions. I think I've only ever bought two of them at launch in my life and maybe a handful more used/on clearance.

One of them happened to be the last Naruto Wii fighting game which came with the first Shippuden movie for free. Not a great deal in the end because the movie blows.

I got the special edition of Skyward Sword, but only because I need a WiiMote+ and I wanted that CD. Outside of that I'm the same way, unless you're offering something really awesome I don't go for special editions.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I got the special edition of Skyward Sword, but only because I need a WiiMote+ and I wanted that CD. Outside of that I'm the same way, unless you're offering something really awesome I don't go for special editions.

Oh I got that as well because my Wii Remote plus adapters were wonky. That's 3. I also got the Wii Sports Resort with the added dongle because it was cheaper, which is funny in retrospect for a grand total of four.

BD:FF, Naruto Wii, Wii Sports Resort, Zelda:SS.

BD:FF was because I had a Gamestop gift card in an era where I bought everything digitally and had nothing else I could think of to buy. I ended up getting the game digitally anyways and giving a friend the game card. Naruto was the same price but with a movie (one not worth it for free though)

I got the Halo cat helmet edition for 2 dollars and it ended up being brand new. I think I resold it for ten!

I'm sick of physical junk clogging up my life though and my new rule is only buying physical games I really want that are ten bucks or less or come with something absolutely amazing. Smash Wii U is sorely testing my resolve. I might get it digitally AND grab the set with the controller and GCN adapter.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hearts DLC is so garbage. I'd pay extra for an edition without the DLC characters.

Also, you know, for the good looking version of the game on the DS. Damn it Namco.

Hearts DLC is so garbage. I'd pay extra for an edition without the DLC characters.

I know, but I'm most likely going to be buying a Vita in the next month or so and pre-ordering Hearts R even if it looks awful and the translation is complete garbage just because it's a Tales game and we're getting exclusive dlc

I only buy CEs for games that are really special and am hyped for (Dark Souls 2/BlazBlue/Most Atlus Games). I set aside like 200+ bucks for the inevitable Persona 5 Collectors Edition.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Atlus has trained me to just wait and get their games 50-75% off six months later. It's funny becausr they trained me in the GBA/PS2 era to always buy their games day 1 sight unseen or else never see them again.

bigkrev

I know, but I'm most likely going to be buying a Vita in the next month or so and pre-ordering Hearts R even if it looks awful and the translation is complete garbage just because it's a Tales game and we're getting exclusive dlc

I guess i'll praise you on the results (YOUR GETTING A VITA), and not on the insane logic process it took you to get one?

Atlus has trained me to just wait and get their games 50-75% off six months later. It's funny becausr they trained me in the GBA/PS2 era to always buy their games day 1 sight unseen or else never see them again.

Yep, all hail our glorious digital future. I don't have to preorder or look for shit like Project Diva because I can just download it whenever.

Regiruler

oKWOEUi.jpg

Day of Boobs & Blood for everybody!

I will take on a personal crusade across time and space to hunt down and kill every one who posted in the senran kagura thread, past, present, and future, and all those who provide evidence that they purchased the game. Nothing that abomination crafted in the pits of hell touches can ever be redeemed: I'm doing the world a favor.

I must do it to preserve unity.
I must do it as my duty.
I must do it, for it is my destiny.

BBboy20

The Dark Side of the Lewd.
With any shape (and side) you like. B)

In 2014, you bought a physical copy of a PC game
I like Getting Physical. =D

Wait, they still make physical versions of PC games? But I thought they stopped doing that when I stopped buying PC games, which was.....late '90s?
Never stopped. Yes, I am that much of a rare creature. o.o

Oh yeah, turns out I can't play the Evil Within because my card is too old to play (Not a DirectX11 card) it so no scary time for now. :(

I will take on a personal crusade across time and space to hunt down and kill every one who posted in the senran kagura thread, past, present, and future, and all those who provide evidence that they purchased the game. Nothing that abomination crafted in the pits of hell touches can ever be redeemed: I'm doing the world a favor.

I must do it as my duty.

But I haven't even unwrapped my copy yet

daveo42

Banned
So I got around to watching the first episode of Garo and while it felt like all the components were there for something really awesome, the whole episode just bored me to no end. Not sure if it was how it was all set up, but it seemed really uninteresting and almost uninspired to me. I'll sit and watch the 2nd episode just to give the show a chance, but I might drop it after that if it doesn't really grab me.

Other anime this season has been pretty solid. It's also pretty great to see that Shingeki no Bahamut is holding up in episode two. This could possibly be one of the best anime of the year. You guys should also watch the new Trigger anime as it's been fun and we all could use a little slice of life chuuni in our lives.

I must do it as my duty.
I can do a somersault!

I guess i'll praise you on the results (YOUR GETTING A VITA), and not on the insane logic process it took you to get one?

Well I've known it would be my next system purchase due to the multitude of games that it's gotten that I've wanted to play, but a new English Tales is always a straw that broke the camels back when it comes to dropping cash. Tales is in my top 3 all time favorite game franchises (with Smash bros and Mega Man rounding it out) I'll jump though hoops to get those games.

So I got around to watching the first episode of Garo and while it felt like all the components were there for something really awesome, the whole episode just bored me to no end. Not sure if it was how it was all set up, but it seemed really uninteresting and almost uninspired to me. I'll sit and watch the 2nd episode just to give the show a chance, but I might drop it after that if it doesn't really grab me.

Other anime this season has been pretty solid. It's also pretty great to see that Shingeki no Bahamut is holding up in episode two. This could possibly be one of the best anime of the year. You guys should also watch the new Trigger anime as it's been fun and we all could use a little slice of life chuuni in our lives.

Garo is the anime I haven't bothered to watch it looked kind of iffy based upon the preview and with me currently watching 16 different anime this fall not including Toonami or back log it just got the short end of the stick.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I must do it as my duty.

I like ice cream cake!

Tenumi

Banned

I must do it as my duty.

...Eh. *Purchases anyway*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom