• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

It's really short and they have an hour to fill and decided to fit it in? Sounds reasonable to me. Plus DBZ is coming up soon so might as well promote it.

wish it was another DBZ movie instead doe

I wonder what the financial restraints and budgets are on what they can and can't get.

The first one we watched was actually Coolers Day Off. Now it's Coolers Revenge 4real.

hopefully it is a trilogy

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Black Dynamite Season 2 premieres tomorrow before Toonami.
Could we start Toonami early to adjust for that?

Seda

Black Dynamite Season 2 premieres tomorrow before Toonami.
Could we start Toonami early to adjust for that?

It's Black Dynamite --> Family Guy --> Attack on Titan, right?

Will post some quickie thoughts on last weeks shows in a bit.

BatDan

It's Black Dynamite --> Family Guy --> Attack on Titan, right?

Will post some quickie thoughts on last weeks shows in a bit.

Consider Family Guy an extended bathroom break. Or the "get snacks" break

Jarate

Banned
I'm watching the Clone Wars movie. It has Samuel L. Jackson in it, but he sounds like he's half-asleep.

also, "Skyguy" is a thing.

I went to see that movie in theatres and had to be yelled at by my friends because I was laughing too hard at that trainwreck of a film. Just wait till you get to "Stinky"

Seda

Attack on Titan - I'm not sure what it is, but I feel that this show keeping so many things 'secret' is not doing it favors. Not even talking about the fact that the Female titan is pretty obviously Annie. There's so much "what are the titans" "why do they want Eren" "what's in the cellar" and my intrinsic response is: 'I don't care". If the pacing isn't very good and the characters aren't compelling, then what left is to hope for something interesting to happen in the narrative, but there isn't. You can't generate intrigue by mystery alone.

Bleach - I felt the voice acting was worse than usual this episode. I guess it was sorta okay to see other characters get a smidgen of spotlight, but some of the characterization seemed pointless? Especially the Renji and dark-skinned Fullbringer. Ikkaku going sorta ham was sorta amusing.

Naruto Shipudden - i hate this arc

*Also noting, the full openings to Bleach and Naruto Shippuden do play on Adult Swim's site*

One Piece - I'm having a hard time writing thoughts on this episode. First of all, @_@ at Franky's escape tactic. Otherwise ..... nakamas I guess.

Gurren Lagann - When Simon saw Yoko and Kamina I started assuming the worst in how things were going to play out. I had already convinced myself that Simon was going to bitch and moan about being betrayed by his BRO, leading to stupid relationship ~drama~. I am so very glad that's not what happened. Kamina, as you would expect him to, encourages Simon to have confidence in himself, and Simon quickly tosses aside any pent up doubt, allowing him to succeed. A great moment for both characters. I'm a bit of a sucker for 'brotherhood'-eqse relationships between characters and this is similar.

One of the more interesting things about character deaths is how they are handled after the fact, so for the moment I don't have much to say about it.

Hellsing - A more disturbing episode wrt how Van Winkle was ... taken care of. Lots of set up as well for the overarching story going on here. More villains introduced. I guess I don't have much else to say here.

Ghost in the Shell - This episode is structured quite differently than is typical. In fact, the main characters get very little screentime at all, as it focuses on the thoughts and fantasies of this pilot. Not much 'happens' but it was a very interesting portrayal of a post-crisis mindset, incorporating GitS elements like cyberbrains and prosthetic bodies. I dug it.

I thought the Samurai Jack episode had really neat animation and sound presentation as well. Easily will be a memorable episode.

I went to see that movie in theatres and had to be yelled at by my friends because I was laughing too hard at that trainwreck of a film. Just wait till you get to "Stinky"

so far it's just boring as fuck. it took them the length of an entire episode to actually get to the plot of the movie that they set up in the first two minutes.

The Baby Episode is, with few exceptions, one of the worst tropes of any TV show.

Clone Wars chose to make a movie about it. Think about that for a moment.

Yup. Too bad it's still a bad adaptation

Not like the source material was that great to begin with, it's a dumb manga and it's a dumb anime. Really the only crime the anime does
besides being horribly racist
is that they decided for some bizarro reason to adapt the first manga arc as an ova which still isn't fully out in Japan and then to gloss over most of the world building and exposition that was in that arc

Is the Obi-Wan face going to be a thing?

TZnGh1p.png

BatDan

oh my god why is this movie an hour and 40 minutes long

You probably wouldn't be surprised this movie has an 18% on Rotten Tomatoes.

I'm watching the Funi dub of One Piece Movie 8 right now. Watched the Film Z dub last night.

I haven't seen Movie 8 in years. It's probably really rough since it's one of the early dubs.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Clone Wars movie is honestly the worst thing in the entire franchise.

It's the worst possible vehicle to promote the show...which is why it was made in the first place.

Levyne

Banned
I remember when I could select an HD option on Adult Swim's site but nothing now...bleh

Anyways, I actually liked the last AoT for the most part. I was curious how Levi would respond at the end but I guess we don't get to see that, or not yet. I'm also happy that Erin listen to Mikasa and ignored the crowd, though I think it would have been more poignant if the flashback didn't just occur.

Oh man hellsing is long, I forgot D:

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually had company last Toonami night and missed...Naruto and the first part of One Piece playing Hyrule Warriors. Going to be on the road tomorrow and will have to figure out how I can post, but watching TOONAMI should be no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom