• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece Movie 8 sucks. It is really bad.

Also Troy Baker is the camel.

A shame Troy Baker never got a big role in One Piece... then again he probably would have been replaced like all his other animu roles.

Grexeno

I have no idea who that movie is for. If you haven't seen the arc before, it's confusing as hell. If you have seen the arc before, you'll be pissed at the changes.
Animation-wise, the only part that looks like it was made for something that was shown in theaters was Luffy's Gum-Gum Storm against Crocodile.

Levyne

Banned
I think because I'm on 100 ppp, those links just take me to the first page :<

Finished Gurren, still found it pretty heavy hitting even though I had spoiled myself.

i think i'll probably break the Clone Wars movie up into chunks in order to review it. revisiting that movie all at once is not an idea that appeals to me.

IaxBCdR.gif

Oh God. /dead

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Actually, speaking of DBZ Battle of Gods, anyone wanna fill me in as to why I saw the villains from the original Dragonball there, except younger?

Seda

On more than one occasion, I find that it is often the case that lines spoken 1.) Out of context and 2.) With altered music sound worse than they....actually are.

Levyne

Banned
On more than one occasion, I find that it is often the case that lines spoken 1.) Out of context and 2.) With altered music sound worse than they....actually are.

Yeah, I remember thinking the AoT dub was bad with the initial clip releases by Funimation, and while the actual dub may not be stellar, it's "fine".

LOLDSFAN

Speaking of dubs...

Free! Eternal Summer Anime to Get English Dub

North American anime distributor Funimation announced on Friday that it will make an English dub for the Free! Eternal Summer television anime series. The company said that it plans to announce the dub cast for the the second season of Kyoto Animation's Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club anime soon.

Funimation also stated that it has approached Crunchyroll about a collaboration to make an English dub of the anime's first season and distribute it on home video. Crunchyroll currently holds the home video rights for the first season. Funimation said that Crunchyroll has yet to reply to their inquiry.

tumblr_inline_mnmpl08rk81qz4rgp.gif

#BringFreeToToonami

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Actually, speaking of DBZ Battle of Gods, anyone wanna fill me in as to why I saw the villains from the original Dragonball there, except younger?
Before the movie begins, the villains FINALLY get the dragonballs and wish for eternal youth... Only to get exactly what they asked for.

Troll dragon is best dragon.

Moaradin

The dub for Battle of Gods is actually fantastic.

Emperor Pilaf and crew accidentally turned themselves into kids with the dragon balls.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Free was an awesome character, but it's a shame the later half of Soul Eater barely used him.

......wait, what're we talking about.

bigkrev

I bought a PS TV (aka Vita TV) today. I'm probably returning it later tonight. Already been ridiculed by 5 people on Twitter for my purchasing decision.

what are bigkrev's thoughts on Free!

It's a pretty bad show. I didn't bother to finish either season- Tapped out about halfway through season 1, and watched the first few episodes of season 2 before deciding I hated the new characters (although I watched 1 later episode, because they go to Australia and it's filled with the Japanese voice actors speaking in English, and some REALLY BAD Australlian accents).

It's very well animated, and very pretty to look at though. It also has a boy to appeal to just about any fetish/personality you want, which is also cute.

Season 1 has a great ED though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom