• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

For all the issues Naruto has, focusing so much (and for so long) on the goal being to 'get Sasuke back' is the worst of it. It's not something to be sympathetic to.

2620317-5202451883-68.gi.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Here's the thing about showing DBZ Kai in 4:3.

This is what the original DBZ looked like:
dbratorignquns.jpg

This is what that same shot looks like in DBZ Kai:
dbrat169uvjd3.jpg

Note that while information has been added to the sides to fill things in, a significant amount of information from the top of the screen from the original show has been cropped out to make it 16:9.

Now, if you were going to take DBZ Kai and make it 4:3 after the fact, the result would look something like this:
dbrat43vyzo8.jpg

Pretty radically different framing from the original shot, no? You're losing a TON of visual information here compared to the original.

That said, DeMarco says they're using the original DBZ footage, not a crop down from the Kai version.

I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Scenes like this only fuel the NarutoXSasuke OTP.
Even people that don't care for shipping know they're the true couple.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
For all the issues Naruto has, focusing so much (and for so long) on the goal being to 'get Sasuke back' is the worst of it. It's not something to be sympathetic to.
Exactly. Sai is 100% right that they are pining after and wasting time and resources on a traitor.

ckohler

Here's the thing about showing DBZ Kai in 4:3.

This is what the original DBZ looked like:
dbratorignquns.jpg

This is what that same shot looks like in DBZ Kai:
dbrat169uvjd3.jpg

Note that while information has been added to the sides to fill things in, a significant amount of information from the top of the screen from the original show has been cropped out to make it 16:9.

Thanks. This is what I was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom