• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik317

For all the issues Naruto has, focusing so much (and for so long) on the goal being to 'get Sasuke back' is the worst of it. It's not something to be sympathetic to.

yep. They do such a bad job at making you feel sorry for him...and they rushed into the Chunin Exam and then him being a bitch and leaving...which means they had like what 3 missions together really. So you are just left wondering where the fuck did this bond come from? I mean at one point, you just stop being friends...

MikeMyers

image.php

In the end, Sakura and Ino will do the ultimate job: lose the race to get Sasuke's heart to Naruto.

Crocodile

Real talk, the pacing in Naruto is SO BAD that it makes the show even harder to watch than SAO and the later show was full of Gary Stu pandering, cousin lovin', harem hijinks, genocide apology, near rape, male gaze up the wazoo, etc. :/

Here's the thing about showing DBZ Kai in 4:3.

This is what the original DBZ looked like:
dbratorignquns.jpg

This is what that same shot looks like in DBZ Kai:
dbrat169uvjd3.jpg

Note that while information has been added to the sides to fill things in, a significant amount of information from the top of the screen from the original show has been cropped out to make it 16:9.

Now, if you were going to take DBZ Kai and make it 4:3 after the fact, the result would look something like this:
dbrat43vyzo8.jpg

Pretty radically different framing from the original shot, no? You're losing a TON of visual information here compared to the original.

That said, DeMarco says they're using the original DBZ footage, not a crop down from the Kai version.

I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

what you're talking about is how it aired on TV, and i'm fairly certain the DVD releases don't crop anything.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm sure the anime will go crazy with the budget when it gets to that.

The problem is that it'll just blend in with all the shit that came right before unless the anime team finds a way to give us a breather from the constant fighting, they'd basically have to rewrite and add scenes to give us any breathing room.

Takashi

Real talk, the pacing in Naruto is SO BAD that it makes the show even harder to watch than SAO and the later show was full of Gary Stu pandering, cousin lovin', harem hijinks, genocide apology, near rape, male gaze up the wazoo, etc. :/

Truthfacts

I'd definitely rather be hate watching SAO right now

To be fair, if SAO took 50-100 episodes to adapt the same amount of content as the 25 episode anime did it's be true suffering, where as if this was cut down from the 40ish episodes to about 15 it'd be pretty decent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom