• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bio-Frost

That fresh new thread smell!

So my Teddie blow up thing with Ultimax came with a small hole in it. Need to find that tape you use with air mattresses.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
tumblr_naops3RhpY1tk26a8o1_500.gif

Smash soon.

Friday might be something of a blur.

Also so much Crispin Freeman this week. We just need Eureka 7 back on the lineup.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That fresh new thread smell!

So my Teddie blow up thing with Ultimax came with a small hole in it. Need to find that tape you use with air mattresses.
You can probably have Atlus send ya a spare if you show them proof of the hole. Seems there's some people who were missing a card in their pack.

....I should give P4AU a break after doing 300 challenges & play a bit of Hyrule Warriors since I got that today....& then read my copy of Hardcore Gaming 101's new book based on Castlevania that also came.

LOLDSFAN

tumblr_naops3RhpY1tk26a8o1_500.gif

Smash soon.

Friday might be something of a blur.

Also so much Crispin Freeman this week. We just need Eureka 7 back on the lineup.

That GIF is 2hypnotizing4me. (•‿•)

Friday will probably be the longest day at work ever for me.

bigkrev

You can probably have Atlus send ya a spare if you show them proof of the hole. Seems there's some people who were missing a card in their pack.

....I should give P4AU a break after doing 300 challenges & play a bit of Hyrule Warriors since I got that today....& then read my copy of Hardcore Gaming 101's new book based on Castlevania that also came.

Castlevania book has a 2 page spread on the fucking iOS SOTN puzzle game. It's good stuff

I got both Mordor and P4AU today, and have only had time to config Mordor and to play a bit as Ken in P4AU. It seems pretty good so far

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That GIF looks like the same artist as this gif (linked as it might be NSFW).

Found it in a recent BotanicSage video (combining Mario Kart 8's Electrodome with Baby Got Back (and a dash of Anaconda).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The retired wall has grown out of hand in 2014. Going to get bigger soon I fear.

I gotta admit I miss Clone Wars already, not that I wouldn't rather see Big O2 again, but I wish we had got to the end. We were seemingly out of the woods with the last episode (and the few after it I've seen so far were even better)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Castlevania book has a 2 page spread on the fucking iOS SOTN puzzle game. It's good stuff
I got the previous book they did (Sega Arcade Classics Vol. 1) & really enjoyed it. Over the years, I've been getting more into books like this that allow me to learn more about games & such. The Castlevania one dropped to $15, which made it more affordable to me, plus not only will I get to learn about some interesting stuff, I wanna help support HG101 since the next book is on Konami Shmups, which'll be right up my alley.

Also preordered this awesome looking Genesis book which I can't wait to get. Had to get it sent to someone I know in the UK because shipping to the US was around $10. Despite saving on shipping, probably the most expensive book (excluding college uugghh) I've bought.

bigkrev

I got the previous book they did (Sega Arcade Classics Vol. 1) & really enjoyed it. Over the years, I've been getting more into books like this that allow me to learn more about games & such. The Castlevania one dropped to $15, which made it more affordable to me, plus not only will I get to learn about some interesting stuff, I wanna help support HG101 since the next book is on Konami Shmups, which'll be right up my alley.

Also preordered this awesome looking Genesis book which I can't wait to get. Had to get it sent to someone I know in the UK because shipping to the US was around $10. Despite saving on shipping, probably the most expensive book (excluding college uugghh) I've bought.

30 pounds plus 7 pounds shipping in USD is 60 dollars....
I'll buy it if Amazon stocks it

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
30 pounds plus 7 pounds shipping in USD is 60 dollars....
I'll buy it if Amazon stocks it
Even worse if you don't get it via pre-order price, it jumps up to about $68 total. Really hope Amazon gets it (their previous book seems to have been sold on there, but is out of print), because it looks to be jam packed with cool stuff and it'd be great if it sold well. Though I'm just glad I knew someone in the UK who'll send it over to me, helping with costs.

I've got a few others like History of Sonic & that Marvel Vs. Capcom art book (yay, Amazon gift cards) that're nice & make for good "coffee table" books. You see them on the table, remember that you have them, then decide to look through them for a bit since you've got some time to spare. Though for the time being, they're just on my shelf for now.

daveo42

Banned
That GIF looks like the same artist as this gif (linked as it might be NSFW).

Found it in a recent BotanicSage video (combining Mario Kart 8's Electrodome with Baby Got Back (and a dash of Anaconda).

Whatever they are selling, I'm buying.

Edit: LUUUUUUUUUUU BUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I guess those ratings for Beware the Batman don't really matter since the show basically got thrown down a hole for all time.

Decent ratings for the marathon. Glad that shitty show is gone for all time now.

Does anyone else only access this thread through the subscribed page? And when it goes grey for a long while, you forget that a new thread is up for it LOL? Happens to me every time I swear.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Decent ratings for the marathon. Glad that shitty show is gone for all time now.

Does anyone else only access this thread through the subscribed page? And when it goes grey for a long while, you forget that a new thread is up for it LOL? Happens to me every time I swear.

I don't bother subscribing, it never falls past the first half of page two. Thank Blame Bass for it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

I am reminded by the locking of the previous thread.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also, you know, the coming of the new month.

We ain't getting to OT2 territory unless SAO 2 hits.

daveo42

Banned

I never sub to this community thread because it's pretty easy to find and rarely slips to the 2nd page. I can also just look at my own post history and easily find it since about 90% of my posts are in here anyway.

Raxus

It is always weird running into Toonami GAFers in other threads. I know Soulflarez, Jarate and daveo from the Destiny thread.

I am shocked I am so high in the post count considering how distracted I was over the past month.

Seeing BtB in retired shows is so satisfying.

BatDan

We should put BtB into a separate category from retired shows, call it forever dead shows

But if we do that, we'd have to put Sym-Bionic Titan there, and that would just depress me.
I really hope Genndy can secure the rights somehow.

daveo42

Banned
But if we do that, we'd have to put Sym-Bionic Titan there, and that would just depress me.
I really hope Genndy can secure the rights somehow.

Maybe BtB should just be stricken from the record or something. Like exiled from Toonami for all of eternity or cast into the fiery lakes of hell for its sins against action cartoons.

It is always weird running into Toonami GAFers in other threads. I know Soulflarez, Jarate and daveo from the Destiny thread.

I am shocked I am so high in the post count considering how distracted I was over the past month.

Seeing BtB in retired shows is so satisfying.

I think I'm already done with Destiny until the first DLC drops in December. >.>

I've moved on to Pier Solar already.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Beware the Batman, a one seasons long CGI show aimed at kids. Unsuccessful in its first run on the DC Animation block it didn't finish airing its entire run in the US until picked up by TOONAMI.

BatDan

It's telling that of DC Nation's four shows, the only one to get a real chance was the "wacky comedy".
Western action cartoons are dead...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To be fair though it's also the best of them. People shat on it without mercy because it wasn't like the old show but its been quality since day one.

Raxus

To be fair though it's also the best of them. People shat on it without mercy because it wasn't like the old show but its been quality since day one.

Yeah, I have watched several episodes of Titans GO! and it has been consistently funny and it has the original VA's. I dunno why more people show it more love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom