• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I was kinda surprised they got the main cast back for it.

It's not that surprising, especially if they liked doing the original. Actors are usually up for reprising roles they especially liked, Liam Neeson apparently wants to be Ra's Al Ghul again for Gotham if they want to use the character.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I saw some episodes of Teen Titans Go. Didn't like it...

It's not that surprising, especially if they liked doing the original. Actors are usually up for reprising roles they especially liked, Liam Neeson apparently wants to be Ra's Al Ghul again for Gotham if they want to use the character.

That'd be awesome.
And since Ra's is immortal, it's easy to keep him the same throughout all the seasons. Or something.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I was kinda surprised they got the main cast back for it.
I'm not. Big hit on Cartoon Network is pretty much the highest you'll go in terms on money in that career. It's not like video games and anime where your whole goal is to become prolific enough to rise above them. Cartoons with merchandising is the big bucks.

Plus, Titan is lucky in that all of their VAs are famous cartoon VAs who still work in the field.

Seda

I'm not. Big hit on Cartoon Network is pretty much the highest you'll go in terms on money in that career. It's not like video games and anime where your whole goal is to become prolific enough to rise above them. Cartoons with merchandising is the big bucks.

I suppose I lean pessimistic more than I care to admit.

grandjedi6

VA hierarchy:

1. Live Action
  2. Movies
  3. Commercials
  4. Cartoons
  5. Video Games
  6. Local Radio
  7. MCing someone's party
  8. The guy who says "Now serving #87"
  9. Anime

BatDan

I have noticed Steve Blum doesn't do anime lately... but is in The Boxtrolls and has been doing commercials.
I knew Space Dandy was missing something! Blum never got a role!
They got JYB, they got Papenbrook, but they didn't get Blum.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They're gonna save him for the eventual Space Dandy/Cowboy Bebop crossover when they try to fight over who gets the million woolong reward for a bounty.

......in season 3....................right?

grandjedi6

I have noticed Steve Blum doesn't do anime lately... but is in The Boxtrolls and has been doing commercials.
I can't think of any Funimation dubs that involve Steve Blum. And I doubt he's willing to travel to Texas for a bit role.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I can't think of any Funimation dubs that involve Steve Blum. And I doubt he's willing to travel to Texas for a bit role.

Blum is union. While David Lucas and Daniel Andrews used to do some non-union gigs for him (ahem) such as Bebop or Champloo, among others, he simply doesn't do non-union work anymore. Funimation is a non-union company.

speaking of Liam Neeson, i shall begin my journey through the rest of Clone Wars tonight. maybe with pictures.

i guess the question is if i should spoiler tag stuff or not post really spoilery pictures (this will be impossible to get around past a certain point)

Raxus

I would love a recap on Clone Wars ala ManGod's filler Naruto recaps.

I'd love to pick up the episodes you recommend on Netflix.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I would love a recap on Clone Wars ala ManGod's filler Naruto recaps.

I'd love to pick up the episodes you recommend on Netflix.
Hilariously enough the five episodes after the one TOONAMI ended on are some of the best of the entire series.

Blum is union. While David Lucas and Daniel Andrews used to do some non-union gigs for him (ahem) such as Bebop or Champloo, among others, he simply doesn't do non-union work anymore. Funimation is a non-union company.

I forgot. Can you run by me what the deal is with union and non-union voice actors?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Steve Blum doesn't really do anime anymore after the union cracked down on non-union appearances, which a lot of anime is.

daveo42

Banned
I'm not terribly sure I'll ever understand the modern union organization.

I just watch anime and play video games and enjoy good VO work from good VA. Maybe I should care about the state of the industry as a whole as it pertains to the this work, but I don't.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I seriously should start walking/running (hell, exercise in general) again, but I cannot for the life of me get motivated/find that drive again. Doesn't help college takes most of my energy away, along with taking care of stuff around the house. At the very least, I've kept it off & have stayed at 213-ish for about 3 years now after losing 60 lbs.

Gorillaz

Jogging is definitely a good way to stay in shape or atleast active.if all else fails I always try to fit in a little walk somewhere whether at the end of the day or taking the long route to somewhere.

Its easy to kill time doing it especially especially with music playing

daveo42

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6SEXp3-lo8

Walking is good just to keep yourself moving and I try to get a decent amount of it in every day, but I have to fit it in there or I just don't do it. I prefer biking over running because I've screwed up my ankles and knees in the past. I'll usually bike down to the comic shop once a week just to get some time in. If I wasn't so tired in the evenings I'd do it more.

Soulflarz

Banned
[Walking is good just to keep yourself moving and I try to get a decent amount of it in every day, but I have to fit it in there or I just don't do it. I prefer biking over running because I've screwed up my ankles and knees in the past. I'll usually bike down to the comic shop once a week just to get some time in. If I wasn't so tired in the evenings I'd do it more.

Not moving>biking=walking

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Closest I get is walking up & down 4 flights of stairs each day since I have some classes on the top floor of college. Some days, I carry 5-10 lbs in my bag with 2 books & my laptop. Used to ride my exercise bike & either watch TV or play my Vita or 3DS since I could "zone out" white playing. Lumines was a great game to play while exercising. Would also do crunches at the end of my bed while watching TV upside down or use the dumbbells.

At the very least, I've kept the habit of eating healthier/less. Main issue was that I hit that "wall" where I just completely stopped losing weight. Think if I had a friend or partner *coughlikeagirlfriendcough*, might help me get back into the habit.

Jarate

Banned
Zonic, I barely recognize you without your new avatar

Also, I wish I could walk and get more exercise , but flat feet suck ;-;

Jarate

Banned
we should just buy the rights to some anime and dub it ourselves

how much do you think theyd want to the license of Ping Pong

bigkrev

As a fat guy, i hate cardio with every fiber of my being.

Just got home from the gym were i was lifting for half an hour though

Jarate

Banned
As a fat guy, i hate cardio with every fiber of my being.

Just got home from the gym were i was lifting for half an hour though

as a fat guy too, I hate lifting and like cardio (other then my feet being awdful)

you remember that scene in the Justice League or Super TAS where superman beats the shit out of Darkseid and he talks about living in a world of cardboard

I basically feel like I live in a world of cardboard. Im freakishly strong for putting no effort into weight lifting, but I have absolutely 0 control over my strength

Id rather not become stronger and destroy more things

Bio-Frost

I try and do 30 ish min of WiiFit U a day. The jogging in it works wonders, you can just set it for 10 min and go. My best so far is 1.5 miles in 10 min. I mean im collapsed on the floor after but its progress. Trying to get from 250 down to 230.

Jarate

Banned
I prolly weigh more then everyone else here

im 355, but also 6'4' and very thick body wise

im also a fat fuck

Am I the biggest fan (literally) on toonami gaf

BatDan

I'm changing how I eat.
More water, less soda.
Smaller portions
Less dairy and sodium overall.

It's going to be tough, especially the soda.

Bio-Frost

I'm changing how I eat.
More water, less soda.
Smaller portions
Less dairy and sodium overall.

It's going to be tough, especially the soda.

I found that drinking flavored carbonated water helps replace soda. I've cut myself back to only 1 soda a day.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like Wii Fit U might be good for me, especially since you can get a pedometer for that (I carry my 3DS around for the play coins), but don't think I could afford it.

I found that drinking flavored carbonated water helps replace soda. I've cut myself back to only 1 soda a day.
Yeah, I cut down on soda/pop a GREAT amount. I probably only have 2 or maybe 3 max a week, and that's assuming I even bought any. I mainly drink water with Mio or whatever just so I can have some flavor.

.....ummm, tie this back to Toonami somehow...uhhh...I wish I could exercise to have a bod like Kamina?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I really should work out a bit more, my stamina's fine but I could definitely be in better shape.

Anyways...

So I've been playing Shadows of Mordor, which you guys should totally pick up by the way, and I come across this guy.

Qtpq1hz.jpg

I love how much this games seems to hate me.

I've kept off the weight I loss but stopped making an effort around May/June when my parents started finishing the basement and I lost access to all my free exercise equipment as its been in storage. I plan to get a fit bit on my b-day as Sunday the 5th the basement will be finished so I'll have no more excuses.

BatDan

Luffy or Zoro you say???

krlfSV1.png
HWZAFaD.png

Just watched the latest Abridged.

Another thing that makes that gag great? Christopher Sabat is the voice of both Piccolo and Zoro.
I imagine if TFS ever did One Piece Abridged (who knows if they will), Lani will play Zoro.

Hardest part for me was just getting up and finding space to work out. It was so tedious. Ever since I found those Neila Rey workouts I've been able to get in a good workout in my room, so I've managed to exercise a good amount a week. Now if only I can fix my diet >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom