• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, now all I can think of is the fact if we got that hot springs episode, what if we got Scarlet & Honey to join in.

"Gogol galaxy street view" IT WAS HINTED THEY WERE GOOGLE ALL ALONG.

So we weren't supposed to question why Alucard couldn't just fly back to England with his vampire powers, because that was like a craaaaazy notion or something.

But instead he's going to mind control the ship back to England, and that's a perfectly rational and vampire-like explanation?

His dirt is on the ship from when it crashed there, it's certainly more believable then breaking rule 2 of vampires which is they can't cross running water...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
His dirt is on the ship from when it crashed there, it's certainly more believable then breaking rule 2 of vampires which is they can't cross running water...

Dracula can cross running water at low and high tide.

And SAILING A BOAT WITH HIS MIND seems like it ranks pretty high on the "crossing running water" scale.

Korigama

So, apparently the full version of that song during the Nazi invasion (Broken English) samples recorded speech from Hitler at the start and about halfway through...yeah. >_>

They seem pretty vampire-y enough.

As you saw in episode 2 when Alucard fought that vampire brother, he barely had a fraction of the power of Alucard.

Dracula can cross running water at low and high tide.

And SAILING A BOAT WITH HIS MIND seems like it ranks pretty high on the "crossing running water" scale.

No it has dirt from the plane that he crashed into the boat, the same dirt he needed in the plane so that he could fly across the water in the first place

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So, apparently the full version of that song during the Nazi invasion (Broken English) samples recorded speech from Hitler at the start and about halfway through...yeah. >_>
Man, people are able to sample ANYTHING for music nowadays.

Over thinking in a series like One Piece or Hellsing Ultimate is dumb because in both the plot is a means to an end. Luffy gets his hands stuck in places so other characters can advanced the plot while he's stuck when the plot would otherwise wrap up quicker if he wasn't stuck, same reason Alucard is stuck on a boat. Are there explanations for both, yes (Luffy is a dumb ass, Alucard can't cross running water unless he has dirt from his homeland). Are they amazing explanations? No, but you're not supposed to think too much about them "this removes the character that could solve the problem for awhile so other characters and events can happen"

He's not much of a savant, but he does have the formal education of a first grader. His back story is sad.

Huh, I was under the impression that he was a genius but I guess he gets most of his know-how from
garp, rayleigh,
and nakama power ups if you think about it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wait, how are they buying more ramen?

They keep getting chased out of the shops before they can pay the bill, Dr Gel is actually doing them a bunch of solids.

Huh, I was under the impression that he was a genius but I guess he gets most of his know-how from
garp, rayleigh,
and nakama power ups if you think about it.

His basic know how comes from
Ace/Sabo
(BIG SPOILERS),
he couldn't fight for shit before that
(same BIG SPOILERS).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom