• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Best opener for an anime ever is probably You Wa Shock or whatever it is called

My favorite intro song for a show are the few used throughout the show Aku No Hana, or the Flower of Evil. Honestly, if that show could be dubbed, I would love to see it on Toonami. Really awesome show

Fist of the North Star's theme is Ai Wo Torimodose

We really need a Fist of the North Star animated remake (follows the manga, able to show all the violence without censorship).

Jarate

Banned
if there is a dub, Im going to work as hard as possible to become kenshiro's voice actor, I will literally convince you guys to twitter bomb funimation or whoever the competition is and get them to hire me

I may want you to bomb them too, but that's a last step

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0bSanhkzVYU

HOW COULD YOU NOT WANT ME COACH

LOOK AT THESE BALL SKILLS I GOT COACH

I CAN EVEN SHOOT THE TREY COACH

JUST PUT ME IN

not in today's market!

A girl getting fisted and shitting blood out her ass is fine for TV, but an awful human being exploding violently because he was about to murder a bunch of innocent civilians isnt

Order

Besides the most in your face poorly handled racism in any anime in years
the main character gets her clothes ripped off, gets chained to a table, we get a shot of her wriggling her ass in the camera trying to escape, her panties get slashed off, then she gets fisted by another female as a form of initiation

OPCOaoq.gif

Moaradin

A girl getting fisted and shitting blood out her ass is fine for TV, but an awful human being exploding violently because he was about to murder a bunch of innocent civilians isnt

That's just Japan. Just like heads exploding on TV is fine over here, but think if the children if you show a boob!

Soulflarz

Banned
Saw 110, (ill spoiler tag cause im sure someones behind me in OP)
how does luffy randomly get hurt then sometimes not. I dont know, I feel like its one giant "The plot demands it!" throughout the entire show...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Saw 110, (ill spoiler tag cause im sure someones behind me in OP)
how does luffy randomly get hurt then sometimes not. I dont know, I feel like its one giant "The plot demands it!" throughout the entire show...

Luffy is not immune to stabbing.
He is immune to blunt attacks and bullets, but blades and hooks can hurt him.

Tenumi

Banned
What's up ToonamiGAF! Been lurking this thread for a long time, and now my account has been approved just in time for Toonami tomorrow night!

Welcome! :)

I'm half convinced OP drew a random Cards against Humanity white card and made a thread out of it.
The card? "A snapping turtle biting the tip of your penis"

First thread I seen today and-

Apparently the OP sent "proof" to a mod.

Oh...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.toonzone.net/forums/anim...nrise-partners-up-rightstuf.html#.VDly9hYjT2I

Yep, this is real.

http://twitter.com/gwotaku/status/520992213317455872

Sunrise has arranged a deal to distribute Gundam in America again. Some thought we'd be waiting for ages, but nope, the barriers are coming down. The first titles will be the original Mobile Suit Gundam and, after years of delay, Yoshiyuki Tomino's Turn A Gundam. Sunrise also intends to launch a new Facebook page, as well as a new official site for us sometime in the coming months. Details and release dates are TBA. This was announced at the Sunrise panel at New York Comic Con. Stay tuned for more about this later in the weekend.

Other Gundam tidbits: the Gundam the Origin OVA will be dubbed by NYAV Post, just like Gundam Unicorn. Gundam Reconguista was not announced for America, however Ozaki-san had hoped that the deal would be ready for NYCC. Distribution for America is indeed in the works, we'll just have to hold out a bit longer. Ozaki promises we will hear something by the end of the year. Hopefully much sooner than later.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Turn A is a pretty good choice for TOONAMI though. It looks amazing, is self contained, and is the right kind of batshit crazy.

I would think that this doesn't bode terribly well for Gundam being on Toonami.

And that Sunrise couldn't find a licensor willing to put up with their demands.

ckohler

I've been a mild fan of anime for over 20 years but I've bever understood what makes Gundam good. it just seems so mediocre. Why is it good?

daveo42

Banned
I've been a mild fan of anime for over 20 years but I've bever understood what makes Gundam good. it just seems so mediocre. Why is it good?

Mechs in space and the occasional intelligent political dialogue. But mostly just mechs in space. Maybe melodrama too if that's your thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom