• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

is it weird that i get code geass and death note mixed up because i literally know nothing about either (seriously) and i find their titles similar?

(geass and death both 5 letters, sharing 2 | note and code both 4 letters, also sharing 2)

Seda

I would think so given they're nothing alike.

But I've mixed up weird things before so meh. The subconscious is a strange entity.

Right, but I know nothing - not what the shows look like or who the characters are, etc.

So I see people talk either show but all I have to go on are those nine letter titles which start to blur together. Yes I acknowledge this is stupid.

Also pls dont post images I kinda like being totally oblivious.

Future Diary just has that feel of Elfen Lied shittiness and I haven't even seen it. I just look up clips because someone recommended it to me and I'm just like 'fuck no.'

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It wasn't as noticeable in the first season. But when the 2nd season rolled around? Oh boy...

My only regret was that I wasn't here during that time.

Orange-kun, Spinzaku, CHARLES V BRITANNIA, THE PLANET JUPITER! It was just a glorious train wreck and no one had any idea where it was going from week to week.

Line_HTX

Right, but I know nothing - not what the shows look like or who the characters are, etc.

So I see people talk either show but all I have to go on are those nine letter titles which start to blur together. Yes I acknowledge this is stupid.

Also pls dont post images I kinda like being totally oblivious.

They both aired during the ASA days. I thought you would've at least seen one of them.

This is why I kind of wish Code Geass was Toonamified, because it would be perfect in the lineup.

The difference is that Death Note has the Inuyasha cast of Canadian dubs, while Code Geass has all the heavy hitters leading off with JYB's masterful performance. That and the fact that the supporting cast were amazing themselves too. Not to say that Death Note was bad, as it had its own over the top hilarious epic scene itself.

Hell, they both had amazingly hilarious epic scenes and PERMA-SHOOK faces.

The premise of Code Geass was cool. "Hey kids! Wanna watch a Gundam show where Char Aznable is the protagonist?" It fell short of that premise and Lelouch wishes he were Char Aznable but whatever.

Line_HTX

Calling Code Geass a trainwreck is disingenuous, that implies there was a train to begin with

I deeply regret missing out on that show as it aired

Confession: I was two years late on the season one hype train, and finished it right on time before season two started airing, and I followed that weekly to the teeth.

I even went so far as to order Pizza Hut and ate it with my friend as the two of us watched the finale ON THAT LATE SEPTEMBER SUNDAY after early afternoon football.

NO REGRETS.

Mizerman

They both aired during the ASA days. I thought you would've at least seen one of them.

This is why I kind of wish Code Geass was Toonamified, because it would be perfect in the lineup.

The difference is that Death Note has the Inuyasha cast of Canadian dubs, while Code Geass has all the heavy hitters leading off with JYB's masterful performance. That and the fact that the supporting cast were amazing themselves too. Not to say that Death Note was bad, as it had its own over the top hilarious epic scene itself.

Hell, they both had amazingly hilarious epic scenes and PERMA-SHOOK faces.

Well, it also had Rock's VA as Light Yagami. It was kinda weird at first, given that he was often typecast as lead characters who started out as awkward and dorky. Ended up being one of best performances ever. Same with JYB as Lelouch.

people hating on pacific rim and code geass? Smh

tumblr_nd2ednW0mf1tuatuuo1_500.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Marathoning Shimoneta, Toonami should show the dub.
I need to check out the dub, I bet Funimation had a field day with the VAs and being all "OKAY, SO...*snicker*...we need you to....*snicker, trying to hold in laugher*...read these lines for Anna, & you need to put emphasis on....*can't hold it in much longer*...the "love nector" part...."

I also need to check out certain scenes for Prison School to see how well they dubbed it, mainly the famous "boobs are nothing but fake asses" scene.....OH GOD & THE BOTTLE SCENE AS WELL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom