• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you guys are confusing lack of budget with comedic choice. The episode obviously looks this way deliberately because they wanted it to look loony. I don't think it's because they couldn't afford to animate it.

Yeah, if you can save budget and have a good comedy episode more power to you

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
God I love this episode, God I love this dub

Speaking of One Piece and Naruto...
Those still playing Splatoon, Next Splatfest is Pirates vs. Ninjas
CSBW-6UUYAA7lSu.jpg

Whose side are you on?

Unfortunately I have to be on team marie with this and go ninja, usually im always cali as she mostly has the side I choose, plus shes best squid girl

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, I wish we got another Inferno Cop-style show.

.......or they do another Panty & Stocking-style show. Trigger can do cheap animation awesomely.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I think you guys are confusing lack of budget with comedic choice. The episode obviously looks this way deliberately because they wanted it to look loony. I don't think it's because they couldn't afford to animate it.

Nah, it's definitely because of budget first and foremost. All TV shows do this. Episodes that make creative use of what they've got available to save budget.

For example, the various Star Trek series have episodes called "bottle shows" that are deliberate budget saving episodes that take place solely on the existing main sets (the name based on the concept of a "ship in a bottle"). Many other shows do the same sort of thing.

The fact that they chose to use the limited budget for comedic effect IS a creative choice, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom