• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
hI9dy8l.gif

Man, that Soul Eater Not gif just does not want to work anymore. Almost as if it's embarrassed by what it's actually showing.

The worst thing about Soul Eater Not, other than the fact that it's just a nothing show, and it could have been more Soul Eater, is that it actually has a reasonably entertaining villain.

tumblr_n6zas5t7O51r3rdh2o1_500.gif

Who doesn't get to do anything in the series.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, that Soul Eater Not gif just does not want to work anymore. Almost as if it's embarrassed by what it's actually showing.

The worst thing about Soul Eater Not, other than the fact that it's just nothing, and it could have been more Soul Eater, is that it actually has a reasonably entertaining villain.

tumblr_n6zas5t7O51r3rdh2o1_500.gif

Who doesn't get to do anything in the series.
Seriously, she was the only saving grace of that spin-off, & it's a shame she was defeated so quickly. I really wish she was part of the actual series.

I feel like I should pick up the Jojo release to support it on some level, but that release, as it is, is terrible. Only on DVD, with menus like this.

CO-yChnVAAAANz3.jpg

The JoJo release is terrible. Don't.

This isn't even the worst of it. When you get to the end of an episode, it plays the credits. All of them. They're not skippable and the menu button does not work while the credits are playing. The only way you can avoid being stuck watching the credits is by quickly hitting the menu button before the episode ends. You wanted to marathon Jojo by just letting each episode play from one to the next? Too damn bad.
There's also no real subtitles. The only English subtitles available are closed captioned for the hard of hearing, which is literally just the English dub word-for-word. It's also timed to the English audio, not the Japanese audio. Why they didn't also include the subtitle track for the Japanese audio that was actually on the Japanese release of Part 1/2 is beyond me.
Half-assed doesn't even begin to describe this. The fact that this atrocity made it passed quality control and into the hands of the consumer is beyond me. Absolutely zero effort went into it. Like other people said, it looks like something a 12 year old threw together in Nero during lunch. And then they'll complain about piracy ruining the industry. It's ridiculous.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The last time I saw an anime DVD have English subtitles directly using the English script was on those cheap Bo-Bobo DVDs which only had about 4 episodes, & even then, they did a recall saying if you sent your DVD in, they'd correct the subtitles to fit the Japanese audio.

I fear how the Part 3 release is going to be handled.

Warner Bros can rest easy that as bad as their handling of Jojo was, it's still not as terrible as their handling of DLC in their various game products.

Speaking of that, why were/are people willing to put up with all the DLC bullshit in Mortal Kombat X?

Is it just because people are afraid fighting games as a genre might die again?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Basically outside of a slight misstep in the PS2/first half of last generation MK has been a hot franchise since it was introduced.

Basically outside of a slight misstep in the PS2/first half of last generation MK has been a hot franchise since it was introduced.

Yeah, MKX did sell well. (5 million copies)

But the best Mortal Kombat moment will always be this.

RIP Jarek. You still are everyone's favorite Mortal Kombat character.

Right next to Motaro, and Kobra.

Warner Bros can rest easy that as bad as their handling of Jojo was, it's still not as terrible as their handling of DLC in their various game products.

Speaking of that, why were/are people willing to put up with all the DLC bullshit in Mortal Kombat X?

Is it just because people are afraid fighting games as a genre might die again?

Its not just MKX. A lot of fighting games have some form of DLC bullshit. MKX does take it to the extreme though with preordering for characters, where at least Arcsys games give you a few weeks of being able to download the character for free.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
lord-raptor-blows-up-a-t-rex-o.gif

Real talk, I need to see how the Viewtiful Joe anime turned out. Doesn't help the DVDs were released by Geneon & I don't think anyone bothered to "rescue" it.

Real talk, I need to see how the Viewtiful Joe anime turned out. Doesn't help the DVDs were released by Geneon & I don't think anyone bothered to "rescue" it.

Trust me when I say this.

Don't watch the Viewtiful Joe anime.

It's worse than the Devil May Cry anime.

Its not just MKX. A lot of fighting games have some form of DLC bullshit. MKX does take it to the extreme though with preordering for characters, where at least Arcsys games give you a few weeks of being able to download the character for free.

MKX's DLC is the fucking worst I've seen in a long time. The whole fucking thing is gross.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Trust me when I say this.

Don't watch the Viewtiful Joe anime.

It's worse than the Devil May Cry anime.
WUUUT. How is that freakin' possible. I heard the DMC one was basically rather boring with none of the energy that the games had.

I need to think & list all the good game-to-anime adaptations.....& by that, I mean NOT based on a VN (sorry Steins;Gate).

......did you guys know there's a NINJA GAIDEN anime?

WUUUT. How is that freakin' possible. I heard the DMC one was basically rather boring with none of the energy that the games had.

Okay, let's start off with the first issue.

The Viewtiful Joe anime is 51 episodes long.

Do you wanna watch it now? Cause I got more reasons why it sucks.

By the way, Man God is right. (Maybe projecting here a bit...)

We need to get The Devil is a Part Timer on Toonami.

They can trick the average viewer into thinking it's an action show by just showing scenes like this in the promo.

The Devil is a Part Timer does actually have some good actions scenes tho. No lie.

tumblr_mnx028DsNd1sovbxoo1_500.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd argue Persona 4 The Animation was rather well done. Even if Golden seemed a bit rushed, though I guess it was meant to be seen more as "New Game+" & that the player already watched the previous season.

WTF, Viewtiful Joe is a whopping FIFTY ONE episodes!? What, did they try to cram all 4 games in along with filler (I know there's some kid who also was in Red Hot Rumble).

Also sure, I'd be up for Devil is a Part Timer. Got a good laugh out of that series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom