• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guys, I've got it. Eva Movie Month

Week 1 = 1.11
Week 2 = 2.22
Week 3 = 3.33
Week 4 = End of Eva (MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, amazingly, from the first episode, the dub has been alright, which is surprising it's the same director as Akame ga Kill. Migi & the other parasytes (from the promos) have sounded good, surprisingly. Shinichi takes a bit longer to get used to, but overall, it could've been a whole lot worse.

HEY GUYS, WANT MIGI ON YOUR HAND?!?

140623-01-01.jpg

I was reminded by Oni's podcast

Ladies love it!

*insert one-eyed monster joke*

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, it's time for Goku and Frieza to finally throw down, Night Raid is in need of some new members while Esdeath gathers together a new group of Imperial Arms users, Shinichi tries to adjust to life with Migi, Hatchin has herself a new admirer, Shikamaru tries to separate Hidan from Kakuzu while the group continues to battle Kakuzu, Sanji encounters a back alley chef with a secret technique, and Ryuko shacks up with the Mankanshokus and plays a vigorous match of tennis.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 42 - Defeat Frieza, Goku! The Tears of the Proud Saiyan Prince!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 43 - Goku vs. Frieza! The Super Showdown Begins!
12:30 - Akame ga Kill! - 9 - Kill the Lust for Combat
1:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 2 - Devil in the Flesh
1:30 - Michiko e Hatchin - 15 - Graffiti in Vain
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 85 - The Terrifying Secret
2:30 - One Piece - 319 - Sanji's Shock! Mysterious Old Man and His Super Yummy Cooking!
3:00 - KILL la KILL - 2 - So Sexy She Might Pass Out

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm just glad we're finally done with One Piece filler after tonight. Holy crap, those last two episodes were easily the worst I've seen.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kill the Lust for Combat is a fuckin stupid name and I don't even know what the hell is going on in One Piece with that title

All of Akame ga Kill's episode (and chapter) titles are stupid.
It's like a teenager writes the story.

I'm just glad we're finally done with One Piece filler after tonight. Holy crap, those last two episodes were easily the worst I've seen.

I guess you missed Apis? Or that stupid Goat Island stuff?
There's a four-episode filler arc much later on that might be the worst

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Don't worry, we've got a real big batch of filler coming up in December.

It's also the final batch of filler in the series to date that is longer than 4 episodes.

kewlmyc

Tonight's Akame ga Kill and Parasyte should leave some interesting reactions for those who haven't seen them.

It's also the final batch of filler in the series to date that is longer than 4 episodes.

Really? One Piece doesn't have giant filler ars (20+ episodes) like Naruto and Bleach does?

2:30 - One Piece - 319 - Sanji's Shock! Mysterious Old Man and His Super Yummy Cooking!

ZOMG SPOILERS!

Every Sanji-centric filler episode is the same~! Toei can't think of a different...recipe...when it comes to him. Yahahaha!!

Oh, and that descriptor of the KlK episode is so ridic, Meta. I didn't see anyone cause the extinction of an entire species with their tennis in that episode!

TUSR said:
i drove 8 hours round trip today to see the naruto movie

Which one? The Last or Boruto?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Tonight's Akame ga Kill and Parasyte should leave some interesting reactions for those who haven't seen them.

Really? One Piece doesn't have giant filler ars (20+ episodes) like Naruto and Bleach does?

The used to and then they had a really bad trun with the upcoming filler arc in ratings and they have not done it since.

Nope. The upcoming one is 11 episodes, and after it there are almost no filler arcs, and the ones that do exist are all 4 episodes or less.

Instead, Toei runs the pacing of the canon storylines into the ground sooooooo much. I've actually stopped watching the Japanese-run because of it.

Look forward to One Piece Kai in 20 years or something.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, we're already on episode 9 of Akame ga Kill already? These episodes have gone by fast by how hilariously stupid this show is.

Holy crap, we're already on episode 9 of Akame ga Kill already? These episodes have gone by fast by how hilariously stupid this show is.

I had a similar but opposite reaction watching last weeks Naruto Shippuden episode and realizing we're on episode 85 when it feels like almost nothing has happened.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Nope, instead they just pad out episodes as much as possible to keep more or less to a one chapter = one episode pace.

Naruto and Bleach, by comparison, generally run at about 2-3 chapters per episode. So they run through 6 months of manga in 3 months of television and then, naturally, have to replace those 3 months that are left with something else.

I've given up on watching subbed One Piece weekly, I'll just wait for the current arc to end then marathon it in one sitting. The pacing isn't as frustrating in marathon format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom