• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_n4jpnmTNqT1qh6swzo1_500.gif

Line_HTX

I don't know if I should feel good about it, but I like terrible Sentai dubs. Brings out the laughter.

That being said, I did appreciate their dub of Ghost Hound some years back. I freaked out a few times.

I think I should watch the first episode of Parasyte today if only because I'll be joining in on every other show on Toonami late tonight. Where are we with Dragon Ball Kai BTW?

Most likely missing the early parts of toonami cuz my destiny raid ran longer than i thought and we're finishing up tonight.

No matter what happens though, im there for the real star of tonight
non-canon one piece

Moaradin

Tonight's Naruto episode is probably one of the best in the series. Same Director as the other really good one a few weeks ago.

Oh yeah...I remember tonight's episode of Shippuden.

It's one of those few episodes where they apparently remembered they had an animation budget.

So, I don't really read much manga, not because of a lack of desire, but more because it's an expensive hobby. (I can barely afford an anime subscription right now.)

That said Yen Press apparently recently licensed the Space Dandy manga...

51jpj8kn-al..jpg

...Yeah, I'm gonna get that.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*reads more of the AgK manga*

Wow, this translation also uses "Trump Card" a lot. It's like the writer couldn't think of a better term.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Forgot to post our episode this week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAh6x6WK2Sw

It includes us talking about the Parasyte opening for much longer than we should!
Gave this a listen to this morning while working through my 3rd shift. I have to say, based on from the episodes that I've heard, feels like most of my opinions align with what you guys voice but still great to hear different opinions.

& had no idea Sabin (Digimon, Power Rangers, etc.) was bringing Precure over, though OMG "Glitter Force"?!

Gave this a listen to this morning while working through my 3rd shift. I have to say, based on from the episodes that I've heard, feels like most of my opinions align with what you guys voice but still great to hear different opinions.

& had no idea Sabin (Digimon, Power Rangers, etc.) was bringing Precure over, though OMG "Glitter Force"?!

Hooray, people listen!

And I have NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER in Precure but I really need to watch an episode of that on Netflix when it comes up just to see if they Americanized the shit out of it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I tend to listen to all the Toonami Faithful podcasts because it helps past the time at work & makes it so I don't go through my music as much. Plus there's laughs to be had at times, helping with the mood.

I'm kind of starting to run out of podcasts/past episodes to listen to, need to start finding more. I think right now, I have 3 (2 being the ones I mentioned above).

*reads more of the AgK manga*

Wow, this translation also uses "Trump Card" a lot. It's like the writer couldn't think of a better term.
I think it was mentioned it was in the original Japanese language as well, but I think the translators of both the manga & anime versions should've had a thesaurus so it didn't turn into a drinking game/counting gag.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, I was so damn tempted to see how many times "big bro" was mentioned in last week's One Piece, but that would involve wanting to actually rewatch that episode.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
We bitch about Sentai but Saban is far worse as a dub company

People may have nostalgia for Digimon Adventure, but looking back at it, the dub was awful. Constant jokes, characters acting meaner than intended, a lot of weird lines.

The recent dub of Xros Wars suffered many of the problems of 90's dubs. Lull destruction (nobody shuts up!), awful replaced music, weird name changes (Liillthmon became Laylamon, even though Lillithmon had already been introduced in games). I do not want them to touch the Adventure Tri movies.

I don't expect "Glitter Force" to be any good either. Couldn't they have picked a better name? I know Pretty Cure is Engrish as fuck but... actually, when 4Kids temporarily had the rights, they still called it Pretty Cure. I also heard that the series will be 40 episodes, meaning it will cut episodes for no reason.

At least Power Rangers Dino Charge has been pretty good.

About the Saban Pretty Cure dub, wasn't there already a dub of the first series that aired only in Canada? I remember hearing that despite changing the names of the main characters, it was a pretty decent dub.

About the Saban Pretty Cure dub, wasn't there already a dub of the first series that aired only in Canada? I remember hearing that despite changing the names of the main characters, it was a pretty decent dub.

There was a dub that aired here but it wasn't done by Saban. It was done by YTV with Blue Water. I want to say either 13 or 26 episodes were dubbed before they stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom