• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Pretty sure he also loves HxH, which of course would need to be dubbed first.

I still can't believe we have no idea who has HxH. You'd think someone would have let something leak by now. It must have been an evil billionaire with nothing better to do than troll anime fans.

Pretty sure he also loves HxH, which of course would need to be dubbed first.

Right, where as SotE already has half the series broad cast dubbed and I assume the second season broad cast dub will start by the end of the month. Get the cleaned up blu rays from Japan, polish the dub, put it on Toonami, everyone wins except Toonami GAF who'll probably hate it.

Seraph of the End is a show that I could imagine on Toonami, though I doubt it would be liked here.

tumblr_inline_npeekyg8S31tp60fd_500.gif

(The show does not keep this level of animation throughout sadly. I just really like this gif.)

...If you squint really hard you can imagine it's the Soul Eater Remake we've been wanting....

Seraph of the End is a show that I could imagine on Toonami, though I doubt it would be liked here.

tumblr_inline_npeekyg8S31tp60fd_500.gif

(The show does not keep this level of animation throughout sadly. I just really like this gif.)

...If you squint really hard you can imagine it's the Soul Eater Remake we've been wanting....

TBF there's a chance once they patch things up for the blu rays all the "lol its not finished put a image of nothing over the battle noise" could get actual animation :p

Seda

finally updated the parasyte image to one using the english logo yay

if anyone finds a render version of that logo that'd be cool

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I think Seth stays pretty hands off American Dad outside of providing voices, hence why it feels betters than Family Guy and Cleveland Show, and that awful Bordertown show coming next year.

I think Seth stays pretty hands off American Dad outside of providing voices, hence why it feels betters than Family Guy and Cleveland Show, and that awful Bordertown show coming next year.

Seth is getting ANOTHER show?!

Hecan'tkeepgettingawaywithit.gif

Jesus Christ, I forgot about that fucking thing.

I can't believe that isn't a 5 minute shit vid on youtube.

That's gonna be an actual goddamn show.

BatDan

Seth is getting ANOTHER show?!

Hecan'tkeepgettingawaywithit.gif

Well, he's only executive producer.
The actual show creator is Mark Hentermann, who's a writer and showrunner on Family Guy.

... Okay so it's a new Seth show.

*opens up laptop*
*gets on NeoGAF*
*clicks toonami thread*
*checks text message*
*starts posting on mobile gaf in the toonami thread*

I have a problem

Crocodile

I'll stand behind American Dad and a few episodes of the Cleveland Show were actually fine but I think, overall, Seth MacFarlane has done as much or more to constrict or hurt American TV animation as the economic downturn in Japan hurt anime and resulted in them doubling down on super otaku-centric anime. Except even in Japan they are still making a wide enough range of stuff that you can actually get action shows, etc.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Well, it finally happened people, Pepsi has finally started using the Back to the Future II Logo.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Welp, I missed the last two weeks of Toonami due to family commitments. What did I miss? AKA, how confused am I about to be tonight?

BatDan

Welp, I missed the last two weeks of Toonami due to family commitments. What did I miss? AKA, how confused am I about to be tonight?

DBZ Kai: Freeza reached his final form and beat the shit out of Vegeta. Goku's done healing.
Akame ga Kill: Purple hair got killed. Takami and Bulat are fighting some more psychopaths.
Michiko & Hatchin: Michiko got sick and saw a fake doctor, then saw a real one. Then we saw an adventure with Atsuko (blonde hair cop following Michiko)
Naurto Shippuden: Shikamaru began his fight with Hidan and Kakazu
One Piece: FILLER!

SAO II finally ended.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Luckily you missed SAOII and the SUPER AIDS, I think.
I actually got to see the AIDS revelation. Last episode of SAO I saw and may ever see!

DBZ Kai: Freeza reached his final form and beat the shit out of Vegeta. Goku's done healing.
Akame ga Kill: Purple hair got killed. Takami and Bulat are fighting some more psychopaths.
Michiko & Hatchin: Michiko got sick and saw a fake doctor, then saw a real one. Then we saw an adventure with Atsuko (blonde hair cop following Michiko)
Naurto Shippuden: Shikamaru began his fight with Hidan and Kakazu
One Piece: FILLER!

SAO II finally ended.

So I missed nothing. Neat!

Interested to see how they cut the Parasyte OP.

I'm probably in the minority in saying I like it, and it also has a huge early spoiler smack dab in the middle.

Crashed out last week after DBZ so I'm watching SAO.

That was a good death scene and I can't believe this show tried AGAIN to put Kayaba in a good light.

Seda

Interested to see how they cut the Parasyte OP.

I'm probably in the minority in saying I like it, and it also has a huge early spoiler smack dab in the middle.

We'll probably get a full opening tonight and then a Sentai-style™ BGM-overlay for the cut version for the rest of the episodes.

BatDan

Isn't violence funny?

"I've got aides, they're right over there" SOUTH PARK DID IT!

The overuse of dubstep in early Parasyte is really bad.

I really think it has a great soundtrack overall, but for some reason the first few eps were pretty bad.

You guys bitch about Family Guy every week but still watch it. This episode isn't even bad and of course there's going to be edgy jokes to appeal to 13 year olds.

Moaradin

We'll probably get a full opening tonight and then a Sentai-style™ BGM-overlay for the cut version for the rest of the episodes.

They even fucked up the one time we got the real Akame ga Kill opening. The audio was really off sync lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom