• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What about the creepy rape scene? That was pretty bad too.

I'm still shocked we didn't get one of those in the final arc, we got an STD instead.

She didn't even get AIDS from sex, she got it from a botched blood transfusion that somehow happened in 2011 even though by then we knew better.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
She didn't even get AIDS from sex, she got it from a botched blood transfusion that somehow happened in 2011 even though by then we knew better.

I know, I just thought it was funny that even though we didn't have a horrible thing happen to her sexually, she still wound up dying due to an STD.

What about the creepy rape scene? That was pretty bad too.

I'm still shocked we didn't get one of those in the final arc, we got an STD instead.

I dunno, maybe it's because it's something the show hadn't done before, but such an absolutely incompetent portrayal of mental illness really gets to me more than the attempted rape does. The PTSD thing just feels like it's more of a general statement on how that stuff works, whereas the rape is sort of just limited to "this show used this heinous act as a stupid plot device." Both are bad, but I think one goes beyond the bounds of the show itself.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I know, I just thought it was funny that even though we didn't have a horrible thing happen to her sexually, she still wound up dying due to an STD.

Heh, fair enough.

Anyone know how bad the Alicization arc is? That will be the subject of Season 3.

Soulflarz

Banned
We can all agree the best part of SAOII is the part where deathgun talks about armor made from a space battleship, right?

best part of sao ii was this guy

minigun-madness-1024x575.png

Crocodile

Though Ushio & Tora is 90's as fuck so a rough dub could fit in a strange way.

I can never tell if people are sincere or just joking when they say stuff like this but nah not really. A bad dub nowadays is just bad :(

I'd say "we're gonna cure your PTSD by forcing you to meet someone directly related to your traumatic experience" wins

imo the worst scene in saoii is in the first arc where asada and jyb are on a swingset or something, she's all upset because a person she met very recently (kirito) beat her in the prelims in a video game (after revealing he was a guy), jyb tries to comfort her video game drama by offering a hug hahahahaha

i think in the same scene or nearby she points her finger in the air and then realizes she's not scared of finger guns anymore and ackoaghiogrhegnjkserg

Oh God I had blocked these from my mind and was only reminded of them by these posts LOL

____ :( ____

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Goin' to go see some No Man's Sky in person. In the meantime, here's your weekly slop.

Tonight on Toonami, Goku arrives just in time to learn the fate of his race at the hands of Frieza, Bulat faces off with his former general, Shinichi Izumi is just your ordinary high school student whose right hand gets possessed by your ordinary weirdo shapeshifting parasite thing, Satoshi's had enough of the double crossing and puts hits out on just about everybody, Team 10 takes the fight to Kakuzu, moms are tough, and Ryuko Matoi is back to tear Honnouji Academy a new one all over again.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 41 - The Moment of Truth Approaches! Goku Back in Action!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 42 - Defeat Frieza, Goku! The Tears of the Proud Saiyan Prince!
12:30 - Akame ga Kill! - 8 - Kill the Three Beasts - Second Half
1:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 1 - Metamorphosis
1:30 - Michiko e Hatchin - 14 - The Daredevil Explosive Runner
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 84 - Kakuzu's Abilities
2:30 - One Piece - 318 - Mothers are Strong! Zoro's Hectic Household Chores!
3:00 - KILL la KILL - 1 - If Only I Had Thorns Like a Thistle...

Seda

In one of my literature courses, a project was to read multiple titles from the same author. Our group chose Franz Kafka - and we read Metamorphosis, The Trial, and The Castle.

Crazy stuff.

In one of my literature courses, a project was to read multiple titles from the same author. Our group chose Franz Kafka - and we read Metamorphosis, The Trial, and The Castle.

Crazy stuff.

His works are pretty neat, I read Metamorphosis and The Trial a while ago. I have his complete works and Lovecraft's, I should read them when I am out of college since I have to read so much anyway that I never read for fun, their style of horror is very intriguing

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah guys, don't forget.

Oct. 3 is the premiere of Parasyte on Toonami.

................................and something else I think, I don't remember.

Attack on Titan: Junior High 01

vI8wTja.jpg
aTIMCaF.jpg
wbkSqHK.jpg

In Attack on Titan Junior High, the cast of AoT gets attacked by Senjougahara instead of Titans.

If they were going to ape the first OP they should have gone the whole way and just did the first OP same song with the chibi art style. The use of the same OST is pretty funny at times, though. I know I said they should have gone all the way for the OP but this is already overusing "Scene from the series with a punchline at the end."

I dunno it's alright, a few of the gags were good, the one at the beginning with Jean was probably the best. But its clear this will just be an average comedy series using highly flanderized versions of the characters, which is about what anyone should have expected. At least it succeeds in making Eren look like a dumbass, thumbs up for that. I take it back, maybe S2 will be better then this.

Let's hope we can survive back to back sentai

Sentai is gonna be going hard and fast into two of Toonami's blocks.

And those of us who are just watching are gonna have to just hold on.

...I felt the thread could use some lewdness.

...Since Shimoneta ended, I find myself lewd-deprived.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sentai is gonna be going hard and fast into two of Toonami's blocks.

And those of us who are just watching are gonna have to just hold on.

...I felt the thread could use some lewdness.

...Since Shimoneta ended, I find myself lewd-deprived.
"You know, Okuma-kun, we really are A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist"

Spent all day reading manga, playing dokapon kingdom, and now I want to be productive but it's gotten really late and Toonami in a few hours -.-

Man God

Non-Canon Member
...Dokapon Kingdom? The game that ends friendships, marriages, families.

I've been known to even play against the PC all day long, though the urge hasn't hit me in two or three years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom