• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Full ending? How unexpected!

How much of naruto have you seen btw

I pretty much stopped after the Gaara Rescue arc. I've seen random clips and episodes further in the series when I heard stuff got real good (like I saw that
Obito vs Kakashi fight
from like last year). I'm also generally aware of the plot from osmosis.

They're basically killing themselves anyway right between shit pay and shit work conditions?

I mean it depends on the studio, production, project, etc. but a lot of the times things are cut so close to the wire that you get a lot of unfinished episodes and stuff (hence Blu-Ray corrections). More time = better results (big reason why stuff like Space Dandy was so well animated). When you're working on a long running show with new episodes every week, even with using multiple/alternating studios, there just isn't enough time to put out "good stuff" every week. They are already working to the bone at that point - you aren't going to squeeze more "blood from the stone" without serious problems.

This series
lost some cool villains when these two died.

I know Hidan never officially died, but still. He's gone.

Yup. I accepted the fact that with this show you can't think about the long term and just gotta try to enjoy the few moments of greatness in front of you.

Its like WWE in a lot of ways.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ya know, on the surface, Amazon Echo seems interesting, but in the hands of an average person.......feels wasted.

Also I cannot wait for a new OP OP.

Full ending? How unexpected!

I pretty much stopped after the Gaara Rescue arc. I've seen random clips and episodes further in the series when I heard stuff got real good (like I saw that
Obito vs Kakashi fight
from like last year). I'm also generally aware of the plot from osmosis.

I mean it depends on the studio, production, project, etc. but a lot of the times things are cut so close to the wire that you get a lot of unfinished episodes and stuff (hence Blu-Ray corrections). More time = better results (big reason why stuff like Space Dandy was so well animated). When you're working on a long running show with new episodes every week, even with using multiple/alternating studios, there just isn't enough time to put out "good stuff" every week. They are already working to the bone at that point - you aren't going to squeeze more "blood from the stone" without serious problems.

I know and understand all that, it doesn't mean I can't make horribly unreasonable demands like get more money, more animators, and make them work harder to make every week look this amazing. I just want awesome Shippuden every week instead of the usual zzz we get most of the time :[

RagnarokX

Wait why does Thunder beat Earth and not Water? Is it only because they wanted Water to beat fire? Wouldn't Thunder beating Water and Water beating Earth and Earth beating Fire make more sense?
Logically earth should beat lightning.

What happened is Kishi came up with this idea after already making Sasuke fire/lightning and that would mean Naruto would have to be water or earth style. Earth style wouldnt be popular, and Kishi wanted Naruto to be wind style cuz wind blows leaves an stokes Sasuke's fire. So he made wind trump lightning to make like it gave Naruto some kind of advantage even though I don't think he made even a single example of a wind jutsu beating a lightning jutsu. Yamato is water/earth; maybe Naruto was originally going to have his powers.

It should go water > fire > wind > earth > lightning > water

Also, it's lightning. Thunder is sound :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I hate this little girl.

I hate her face.
THANK YOU, someone else who understands my hatred for this kid.

At the very least, this feels like we're diving into Sanji's past & motivation, which is FAAAAAAAR better over the last two weeks.

Grexeno

THANK YOU, someone else who understands my hatred for this kid.

At the very least, this feels like we're diving into Sanji's past & motivation, which is FAAAAAAAR better over the last two weeks.
We're just retreading stuff from fucking Baratie

wtzgU.gif

Logically earth should beat lightning.

What happened is Kishi came up with this idea after already making Sasuke fire/lightning and that would mean Naruto would have to be water or earth style. Earth style wouldnt be popular, and Kishi wanted Naruto to be wind style cuz wind blows leaves an stokes Sasuke's fire. So he made wind trump lightning to make like it gave Naruto some kind of advantage even though I don't think he made even a single example of a wind jutsu beating a lightning jutsu. Yamato is water/earth; maybe Naruto was originally going to have his powers.

It should go water > fire > wind > earth > lightning > water; could swap water/wind.

Also, it's lightning. Thunder is sound :p

Yeah I realized it was lightning after I posted but was too lazy to change it :p And yeah you're right that makes the most sense but hack writer kishi just made shit up to make Naruto and Sauske have some deeper connection for reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom