• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

One thing I love about Cowboy Bebop is the variety of music (usually Jazz) they use. Too bad today's ep was just "Western" style themes.

Hiltz

Argh! Just when Toonami starts airing Deadman Wonderland my cable decides it's a good time to cut out. Great. Time Warner, why couldn't you have done it during Casshern Sins instead?

This is a pointless question but does Casshern ever have to eat or drink to stay alive? He's been mucking about around the desert for fuck sake.

Amikami

Banned
This is a pointless question but does Casshern ever have to eat or drink to stay alive? He's been mucking about around the desert for fuck sake.

No, because he's not a human. In episode 3 or 4 maybe, he was intrigued by the human he met because he had to kill and eat to survive.

Amikami

Banned
I should really watch the older episodes again since I figured he was just a human with enhanced abilities.

Yeah, well this is my first time trough the series. As far as I can say, Casshern isn't human. He seems neither human nor robot at this point. Heck, not even Casshern knows who or what he is :p.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Am I the only person who HATES FLCL? It's one of the worst animes I've ever watched.

The first time I saw FLCL, it was borrowing the show from a friend, who had an asian bootleg. I found it to be really great, because it was just... fun. Even though it's a short series, it felt like I saw a nice, lengthly show. There's nothing to call filler, and on repeat watches, I see new little parallels.

I love the double meanings all throughout the show. Like when Naota is asking Mamimi About what she feels for his brother, and the camera shows the bread his dad just gave her, and she says "He gave me... a lot." Is this a straight answer? Is just just blabbing, and not listening? You can follow the show through it's parallels, or through it's direct occurances, and it still works, in the end.

Also a fan of Yoshiyuki Sadamoto's character designs, and these are some of his most different out there. I enjoy Nadia and Eva designs, but the FLCL ones feel so foreign to his own work... that it's like he (and the entire staff of the show) just got to mess around, and spit out something they enjoyed.

Cowboy Bebop is so bad that your brain tries to erase it from your memory.

Ehhhh... I disliked Bebop throught the first few episodes. Didn't like it until "Toys in the Attic". After that, it sold itself with me. The old episodes started to feel like they meant somthing, when you saw what the characters ended up with. You could see traits and ideas you'd come to enjoy, being hinted at, or built up.

I like Bebop a lot more when I view it as a whole. It's strong overall, and reveals itself to be a very smartly made show. Character episodes play off each other so well, and it helps the show feel like it avoids getting stuck in any ruts.

-----

Hmmm, Janice on Casshern Sins tonight was actually Caitlin Glass (Winry on FMA), and Not Riza Hawkeye (Colleen Clinkenbeard), as someone through earlier in this thread. (They often do sound surprisingly similiar to me.) Good night for her VA work :)

Hiltz

I don't know who wrote Casshern Sins, but it's dreadfully boring. The dialogue alone is enough to put one to sleep.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Casshern is a great show from a people who, say, draw parallels between their Samurai Warriors and Cherry Blossoms. For anyone looking for a pure action show, it's horridly slow, forcing you to go through a bunch of psycho-shifting in order to get to "the good stuff".

I think Adult Swim needs shows like this, personally. I like something that has the action people love, but also has something thoughtful, that challenges it's viewer with something more than "What will Hero do, next week?!?"

It's a pleasant shift from the shockvalue and "immaturity" or something like Deadman.

---

I love the fact that Ms. Prime Minister here in S.A.C is the same woman who voices Laharl in Disgaea. I keep wanting her to just loose it, and scream "Overlord! OVERLORD!". And that bodyguard guy with the long hair... he'll always been Andy Bogard to me.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Cowboy Bebop is so bad that your brain tries to erase it from your memory.

Y8Wpv.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So when Deadman Wonderland ends its run on August 11th, and with the very slim chance that a second season will happen, can we discuss what happens in the manga afterwards? A lot of details are explained that I'm sure a lot of viewers will be curious about but won't get an answer to. Spoiler tags mandatory of course.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Seems there was a stealth schedule change somewhere along the way, even though the schedule shows the same update date that it has for weeks.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG is now apparently being replaced by Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex in the first run. However, the second run is still showing FLCL. That might be a typo, though, or something nobody remembered to change. The rerun of Bleach also has a typo, as every week has the rerun slot of Bleach showing episode 255 (which obviously has not been the case).

Sooo...we might not be seeing FLCL on the block just yet after all. This also suggests to me that maybe there won't be all that significant a schedule change after Deadman Wonderland ends. We might have to wait a couple weeks to find out what takes its place, though.

EDIT: Adult Swim's hidden online programming schedule just updated to make the August 4 schedule viewable, and it does indeed have GITS:SAC episode 1 in there at 2 am and FLCL episode 1 in at 5 am, just like it says on the schedule grid. So that's that answer for now. I would assume that this is highly subject to change, though.

BatDan

Steve Blum said on Twitter that he recorded a game review, so expect that tomorrow.

Also expect that really sad episode of Casshern Sins everyone was talking about.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 263 - Imprisoned?! Senbonzakura & Zabimaru
12:30 - Deadman Wonderland - 9 - Worm Eater
1:00 - Casshern Sins - 9 - The Flower That Blooms in the Valley of Ruin

1:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 40 - Homunculus (The Dwarf in the Flask)
2:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - 25 - THIS SIDE OF JUSTICE
2:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 23 - Brain Scratch

B.K.

Does Funimation have Casshern and Deadman Wonderland online anywhere? I'm too tired to stay up and watch them on Toonami tonight. I don't think I can make it another hour.

BatDan

Actually, 3 weeks (after tonight). There's 12 episodes, and tonight's episode 9 so it should end August 11th. Hopefully they have something lined up as a replacement. *thinks back to Reruns promo* Or not... we'll see.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They did for Durarara!! If it's included in FUNimation's license for the show, then they would probably air it. I have no idea if it is or not, though.

DRR's OVA was really just another episode, though... Is the DMW OVA episode-length?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom