• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casshern Sins is the flower which blooms in the valley of ruin. Content to bring beauty and vitality to all around it, before withering away, smiling.
;___;

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
More like this episode was supposed to give you hope before completely annihilating it next week.

Heh, That's all fine... That last shot still kinda ruined it though. "Awesome well drawn epic pictures!!!!..... and Casshew walking."

I've watches
Maes Hughes
die TWICE between different FMA's, I don't think Casshern can get to me more than that anyway...

I could see them playing the ending theme to Incredible hulk tv show while he was walking away...just to make you cry more

See, then, THAT would have worked! That's one of the most depressing, sad themes I've heard, lol.

Winry so hot. She's the only reason I watch this show.

I didn't like Winry as much in Brotherhood at first, but I started to really like this version of her, as time went on. You can really feel them mature and grow as this series grows on, and she does grow up quite nicely... (The artist noticed, so, FANSERVICE!)

B.K.

I really hate how Adult Swim butchered Brotherhood. People only watching the show on Adult Swim missed quite a bit.

ReiGun

Googling "casshern sins 8" didn't turn up the kneeling shot, so I'll make it myself and drop it in here. Did find these though.

snapshot-bmpthis-onebit-brighterwill-probably-make-an-awesome-wall-anyone&-wallpaper.jpg

So good!

Good Lord, it can't be worse than the synopsis, can it? D:

It is.

Seda

I really hate how Adult Swim butchered Brotherhood. People only watching the show on Adult Swim missed quite a bit.

What do you mean? Are you just referring to the fact they didn't start at #1 when Toonami relaunched? Or is this airing significantly different than the DVD release?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
What do you mean? Are you just referring to the fact they didn't start at #1 when Toonami relaunched? Or is this airing significantly different than the DVD release?

There were a lot of "After the credits" scenes they didn't show (Which had some big revelations), thanks to airtime issues. I'd assume most who watched it hung around Toon zone forums at the time, and people linked Youtube vids of those scenes after every ep.

B.K.

A lot of episodes, especially toward the end, had scenes before the opening and after the ending credits. Almost all of those scenes were cut by Adult Swim.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I still dont understand why people like this show.

For me, it's one of few recent shows that feel like real anime. It's not overly moe, violent, sappy, and the characters aren't idiots who you constantly yell "WHY WOULD ANYONE CHOOSE TO DO THAT?!?" or "STOP MESSING AROUND, AND GET ON WITH IT!!!"

There's no useless filler, the animation is quality, the show is well written, and the US cast does a great job acting it all out. It accomplishes a lot of what I wish anime would attempt in almost every show, but am often disappointed to not see.

The comedy of brotherhood had me ready to hate it VS the first series, but I found it fit in pretty well as time went on, probably because EVERYONE got in on the act (even someone as serious as Olivier Armstrong).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
A lot of episodes, especially toward the end, had scenes before the opening and after the ending credits. Almost all of those scenes were cut by Adult Swim.

That's not completely true. In some cases they were moved up before the credits. In other cases, they cut short out of the end credits and showed the scene.

However, there are a few episodes that do have some post-credits scenes cut. Most of the ones cut out are from the middle parts of the series, though.

TheOGB

Banned
I actually enjoy Brotherhood very much. The last third is friggin amazing.

And this is where I depart. Good night ToonamiGAF, 'twas fun. I'll have to stop by again next week to see the reactions to the apparent melt-your-soul-with-acid-and-steamroll episode of Casshern Sins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom