• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

FEELS CENTRAL

tumblr_m64xuwj4rj1qhfbk9.gif

Stoof

I thought this was pretty funny how Funimation put this on their Facebook.

""Reunited with Fate" is the title of tonight's episode of Casshern Sins on Toonami/ Adult Swim. How many times do you think they will say "Casshern" tonight?"

Interesting to see an episode from Dio's perspective, and I thought Dune was cool. I felt bad for him at the end.

Crazy psycho bitch is going to be bad for you, Dio. Get out while you still can.

There we go, there is the soul crushing depression that defines Casshern Sins.

That flower crumbling got me pretty bad.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Something about Casshern's design this up really evoked the original series. Must have been the big eyebrows and shorter eyelashes.

Next time: By One's Calling

joe2187

Banned
Well heck. I say we got off easy this episode. Not too depressing.

The last scene is the last soul crushing moments of a man driven by sorrow of the loss of the only person who ever cared for him dying in a ditch with all of his hopes and dreams torn apart by the a person very similar to the one who killed his friend...

So maybe you're right

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
After 10 episodes, let's see if I can get the plot down.

There once was a robot called Luna that apparently protected everything. One day, a powerful robot called Casshern entered a blood rage and killed her. Her death brings about the Ruin, an event that wipes out most of humanity and starts killing off the robots. A legend spreads that the robot that devours Casshern will gain eternal life and avoid Ruination.

Casshern somehow loses his memory after killing Luna and comes across Ringo, a little girl full of optimism, Lyuze, a pink-haired robot that wants him dead (or in his pants), Friender, a dog that's just as powerful as him, and Ohji, an old man that watches Ringo.

There's also Dio, a robot similar to Casshern that wants him dead, and Leda, a female robot with feelings towards Dio and is willing to help him.

Now rumors are showing that Luna is somehow alive, and Casshern starts a new quest to find her.

Everybody got that?

joe2187

Banned
I thought it was always "Robots eventually overthrew humans" and Luna was like their version of Jesus Christ, and Casshern and the robots are the jews.

Amikami

Banned
The last scene is the last soul crushing moments of a man driven by sorrow of the loss of the only person who ever cared for him dying in a ditch with all of his hopes and dreams torn apart by the a person very similar to the one who killed his friend...

So maybe you're right

Exactly. It's a nice change of pace. :)

Ultratech

After 10 episodes, let's see if I can get the plot down.

There once was a robot called Luna that apparently protected everything. One day, a powerful robot called Casshern entered a blood rage and killed her. Her death brings about the Ruin, an event that wipes out most of humanity and starts killing off the robots. A legend spreads that the robot that devours Casshern will gain eternal life and avoid Ruination.

Casshern somehow loses his memory after killing Luna and comes across Ringo, a little girl full of optimism, Lyuze, a pink-haired robot that wants him dead (or in his pants), Friender, a dog that's just as powerful as him, and Ohji, an old man that watches Ringo.

There's also Dio, a robot similar to Casshern that wants him dead, and Leda, a female robot with feelings towards Dio and is willing to help him.

Now rumors are showing that Luna is somehow alive, and Casshern starts a new quest to find her.

Everybody got that?

Here's the basic background:
*snipped*

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Uhh...most of that synopsis hasn't been mentioned in the show yet...

Yeah... I was going by what has been shown in the first 10 episodes. Given how most of them were just "Casshern goes somewhere, meets someone depressing, someone depressing likely dies", there was not much to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom