• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

I think I've seen the first few Ghost in the Shell episodes a while back before dropping it... for whatever reason. Looking forward to actually sticking to it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The production values are pretty damn good. I always wondered what fans of the movies made of SAC when it first aired.

jph139

Oh right, the geishas - definitely remember this, yeah.

The old guy from Ghost in the Shell always reminded me of the old guy from Hellboy. Probably the hairstyle (in addition to the obvious).

Seda

So people who have seen GitS...

A lot of characters have been introduced this episode, who are really the important ones?

Obviously the Major and Bato from what I did pay attention to since the Toonami reboot. The white hared guy too.

Are some of the other guys on this squad worth committing to my GitS memory or are they kind of throwaway?

EDIT: Yeah, the Major's outfit is kinda dumb.

Jintor

oh that whacky batou

A lot of characters have been introduced this episode, who are really the important ones?

Obviously the Major and Bato from what I did pay attention to since the Toonami reboot. The white hared guy too.

Are some of the other guys on this squad worth committing to my GitS memory or are they kind of throwaway?

The major, arimaki and batou [oh and togusa] are most important, but everybody else is still important

DAT UNIFORM

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Everyone in Section 9 is important, though the least important are probably Pazu and Bouma. They're mostly the extra muscle on the team. Pazu gets an episode in 2nd GIG, but that's about it.

Major Motoko Kusanagi, Batou, and Togusa are the big three. Aramaki is the boss, and of course the Tachikomas are the help. Then you've got Ishikawa, who is their main info/tech guy, and Saito, the team's sniper.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
"What a waste of money."

Yeah, they wasted a lot of animation budget on the target practice. I can tell. Wtf guys.

Seda

Everyone in Section 9 is important, though the least important are probably Pazu and Bouma. They're mostly the extra muscle on the team. Pazu gets an episode in 2nd GIG, but that's about it.

Major Motoko Kusanagi, Batou, and Togusa are the big three. Aramaki is the boss, and of course the Tachikomas are the help. Then you've got Ishikawa, who is their main info/tech guy, and Saito, the team's sniper.

This helps a lot, sometimes takes me a while to put names to face and whatnot.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

EDIT: Yeah, the Major's outfit is kinda dumb.

Togusa! Best character in the series.

As for white haired dude, Kuze, he isn't introduced until 2nd Gig.

Preble

Gonna have to catch those last two or three episodes of Bebop thats I've always managed to miss after all these years.

Damn I love this finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom