• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll keep an open mind, even if I'm thinking about deadman while watching it. Sounds interesting.

So glad Cashern's not as short as Deadman Wonderland. Things are getting interesting.

Deadman isn't ending because it's short. The manga is still going and is over twice as many chapters as the anime has covered thus far. Someone here mentioned that the anime bombed in Japan so they never created a second season.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This wouldn't be a problem if they skipped all the filler episodes, but then One Piece would be only 10 or so episodes long sooooo...

Huh? One Piece has 87 filler episodes out of 559 that have aired. If you took out all the filler episodes you would still have a series that's more than 100 episodes longer than Bleach's full length.

By comparison, Bleach's Bount, Amagai, and Zanpakutou filler arcs combined add up to 104 episodes out of 265, and that's not even counting the other short bursts of filler in there that weren't directly part of those arcs. When you add those in it's probably more like 120-ish episodes of filler. Yes, literally almost HALF of Bleach thus far has been filler. (And don't worry, there's still another long filler arc to come!)

Tonight on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 266 - Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra, Resume
12:30 - Deadman Wonderland - 12 - Grateful Dead
- END
1:00 - Casshern Sins - 12 - Turn the Time Lived to Color
1:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 43 - Bite of the Ant
2:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 2 - TESTATION
2:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 26 - The Real Folk Blues (Part 2) - END

Bang.

Gisk

Banned
Huh? One Piece has 87 filler episodes out of 559 that have aired. If you took out all the filler episodes you would still have a series that's more than 100 episodes longer than Bleach's full length.

By comparison, Bleach's Bount, Amagai, and Zanpakutou filler arcs combined adds up to 104 episodes out of 264, and that's not even counting the other short bursts of filler in there that weren't directly part of those arcs. Yes, literally almost HALF of Bleach thus far has been filler. (And don't worry, there's still another long filler arc to come!
Yeah, might have been a bit off with that estamate, I've been somewhat jaded with Bleach's spheel lately, so I'm not that postive when it comes to the 'big three'.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Booo!

So are they going to stop airing Bebop as well and have two new series? or just start over at episode 1?

Bebop will be restarting.

Nothing has toppled Cowboy Bebop, I don't think that show has ever left the rotation.
It's been off the block plenty of times, though it has been quite a while since it was last left out.

EDIT: Just checked my old schedules. Looks like the last regular lineup that Bebop was not a part of ended on Dec. 19, 2009. Bebop took over the timeslot that had been occupied by Seirei no Moribito the next week and has been on, aside from some odd weeks here and there, ever since.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Sad to see Deadman Wonderland go tonight, but at least we can discuss manga spoilers afterwards. Yes, shit really goes down after this.

I think I know why it bombed. When an anime adapted from a manga begins airing, people will rush out to buy the manga and learn more about it. This year, Kuroko's Basketball and Space Brothers received anime versions so there was a huge increase in manga sales.
Deadman begins talking about an earthquake that leveled Tokyo. The anime began airing a month after the Tohoku quake and tsunami. While the anime changed the event to something else, the too soon nature likely turned people off from it.

But that's just my guess.
...or deadman didn't follow the manga

Gisk

Banned
Well yeah, but it's people they easily could have introduced at a later point in a hypothetical season 2.
I think its similar to how the orig FMA anime didn't follow the plot at all and then just mixed up all the characters (eg pride being wrath) then stopped short without even following through the rest of the story. Kinda dissapointing imo. But brotherhood made up for all that.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
true

but bodies just aren't ready for that

..Neither was shiro's... neither was shiro's
wiz1I.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OH GOD I LOVE THIS OPENING

I looked it up on YouTube forever ago. <3

Bleach really does nail the OPs.

This one and the next one really hit it out of the damn park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom