• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 266 - Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra, Resume
12:30 - Deadman Wonderland - 12 - Grateful Dead
- END
1:00 - Casshern Sins - 12 - Turn the Time Lived to Color
1:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 43 - Bite of the Ant
2:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 2 - TESTATION
2:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 26 - The Real Folk Blues (Part 2) - END

Bang.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ie0tqa3t3cLaW.gif

Preble

I think well finally get a Bleach Toonami intro next week if the get rid of the monolougue thing they play in front of the Bleach opening.

Next week looks good.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Adding to my old post in order to stay up to date...

May 27: "I Am Alive" Review
June 3: "Building a Better Cartoon Show" Speech
June 10: "Diablo 3" Review
June 17: "To Hell With Fear" Music Video
June 24: Deadman Wonderland Promo
July 1: "Reruns" Speech
July 8: Casshern Sins Promo
July 15: "Catherine" Review
July 22: "Slender" Review
July 29: "Life" Speech
August 5: "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard" Review

That's five game reviews so far. I think that's about as many as old-Toonami ever made. o_0

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Canon Bleach returns! It'll finally be tolerable!

Until we get to Deicide, then the bullshit gets really bad. Granted, there's still Episode 273
where Yammy reveals he's the 0th Espada
, a moment where every Bleach reader stood up and screamed BULLSHIT!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Until we get to Deicide, then the bullshit gets really bad. Granted, there's still Episode 273
where Yammy reveals he's the 0th Espada
, a moment where every Bleach reader stood up and screamed BULLSHIT!

Sounds vaguely Kingdom Hearts-like.

Darksim

Unfortunately, I was not around during FMA to post this.

Also, they need to stop butchering up great openings, I would much rather they ruin the intro to a show nobody cares about instead.

such as Bleach

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah, it's not really in a good place to end. I don't have high hopes for the ending.

Next week's gonna' rock. New real Bleach and a new series.

Indeed. Hopefully it reinvigorates this thread a bit too.

Can't believe this is our twelfth week of nu-Toonami! It feels like yesterday we were all settling in to watch the second or third week together. :)

Gisk

Banned
Any ideas about what the new shows are going to be?
I'm praying to several major dieties that
One Piece
dosen't come back.

Seda

Any ideas about what the new shows are going to be?
I'm praying to several major dieties that
One Piece
dosen't come back.

Seven Samurai is replacing Deadman Wonderland next week. Bebop's final episode is today but that's going to just rerun again as it has for a decade.

Seda

Sounds cool, what's the gist of the show/is it good?

I haven't seen it, but apparently it's based on (or inspired from) the 1954 film by Kurosawa of the same name. For reference, that movie is #17 on IMDB's top 250 movies. Someone referred to it as a "high budget" anime to me, so I hope that at least means good animation.

Raxus

I haven't seen it, but apparently it's based on (or inspired from) the 1954 film by Kurosawa of the same name. For reference, that movie is #17 on IMDB's top 250 movies. Someone referred to it as a "high budget" anime to me, so I hope that at least means good animation.

Eh, I wouldn't say that. The fights all have top animation.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
One Piece would never work on a weekly block. It would have to air at least 5 times a week, if not 7, in order for any kind of following to form.

I doubt DBZ would have been as popular if Toonami was just a weekly block when it was airing.

789shadow

Banned
One Piece would never work on a weekly block. It would have to air at least 5 times a week, if not 7, in order for any kind of following to form.

I doubt DBZ would have been as popular if Toonami was just a weekly block when it was airing.
I know that, but still. Anyway, fuck 4kids.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
There's no season 2 because it doesn't exist. Apparently the anime bombed in Japan so we'll never know if season 2 will be made, which sucks because a lot of interesting shit happens in the manga after the events of the first season in the anime.

There's no season 2 because it doesn't exist. Apparently the anime bombed in Japan so we'll never know if season 2 will be made, which sucks because a lot of interesting shit happens in the manga after the events of the first season in the anime.

I heard the manga is still going but hasn't finished and wasn't sure how far along it is. That's extremely disappointing if the anime will end. This is why I pretty much dropped anime, tired of series ending well before their manga counterparts or deviating the story. Guess I'll have to read the manga.

Amikami

Banned

Man, that's really sucky. I was really getting into DW. Sad that this is the last episode. Even sadder that the anime never got a a chance to get far. Guess I could always pick up the manga. :(

So, how is Seven Samurai?

Ezalc

Man, that's really sucky. I was really getting into DW. Sad that this is the last episode. Even sadder that the anime never got a a chance to get far. Guess I could always pick up the manga. :(

So, how is Seven Samurai?

I liked Samurai Seven when I watched it a while ago, nice amount of action in it, characters are all pretty cool except for one of them who is an idiot.

Deadman Wonderland is the only one I've bothered to watch so this Samurai Seven better be good. I love Bebop to pieces but own it and have watched countless times so I need a new lure.

Gisk

Banned
I now hate you.
<3

One Piece would never work on a weekly block. It would have to air at least 5 times a week, if not 7, in order for any kind of following
This wouldn't be a problem if they skipped all the filler episodes, but then One Piece would be only 10 or so episodes long sooooo...

On an unrelated note the Hellsing OVA's are really really good, but only 4 of them are in english, and I don't think toonami does non-eng anime.

Amikami

Banned
I liked Samurai Seven when I watched it a while ago, nice amount of action in it, characters are all pretty cool except for one of them who is an idiot.

I'll keep an open mind, even if I'm thinking about deadman while watching it. Sounds interesting.

Thankfully, Casshern Sins seems to be ramping up and getting more interesting with each new ep.

So glad Cashern's not as short as Deadman Wonderland. Things are getting interesting.

Silkworm

Not sure if it was Toonami or Adult Swim or whatever on CN, but at one point they aired episodes from Samurai Champloo. I didn't keep close tabs on what they aired, so if they ever got the license to show episodes from that to fill in Toonami, that would be great :)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sad to see Deadman Wonderland go tonight, but at least we can discuss manga spoilers afterwards. Yes, shit really goes down after this.

I think I know why it bombed. When an anime adapted from a manga begins airing, people will rush out to buy the manga and learn more about it. This year, Kuroko's Basketball and Space Brothers received anime versions so there was a huge increase in manga sales.
Deadman begins talking about an earthquake that leveled Tokyo. The anime began airing a month after the Tohoku quake and tsunami. While the anime changed the event to something else, the too soon nature likely turned people off from it.

But that's just my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom