• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

I love the way she falls... that graceful slow motion and then, bam, crumpled on the ground. So much with so little in that last exchange.

And Jet with the medicine man, ugh, so good.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I always imagine the cover of "No Disk" Cowboy Bebops Soundtrack as coming from that last scene with Faye.

d5c8d0b28fa0e61d64266110.L.jpg

THE FEELS!

Love this mix of Real Folk Blues. "See you Space Cowboy".

Some people think Faye's reaction is out of some sudden FayexSpike love thing. With, it's love, but more like a family. She spent so much of her life trying to figure our her past and her place in the world, and the Bebop was the only place she could finally call home. Now that's breaking apart, too, as Spike heads right into the same problem she had; chasing after a past that doesn't even matter anymore.

jph139

And the ending song, ugh, it's just so perfect front to back. Gold standard of anime, hell, a gold standard for TV in general I think.

So glad they didn't cut it.

(Carry that weight.)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I still maintain that everyone should watch Cowboy Bebop at one point. Anime fan or not.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami (I think):

12:00 - Bleach - 267 - Connected Hearts! The Left Fist of Certain Death
12:30 - Samurai 7 - 1 - The Master

1:00 - Casshern Sins - 13 - The Past Rises Before My Eyes
1:30 - Eureka seveN - 1 - Blue Monday

2:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 44 - Revving at Full Throttle
2:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 3 - ANDROID AND I

See you, Space Cowboy.

jph139

Man.

It's fuckin' Cowboy Bebop.

Cowboy fuckin' Bebop, man.

And on Toonami no less.

...later.

(How many episodes are left in FMA: Brotherhood by the by? Wondering what they'll have up for that... with any luck I'll have two full hours of Toonami with my full attention.)

Seda

Man.

And on Toonami no less.

...later.

(How many episodes are left in FMA: Brotherhood by the by? Wondering what they'll have up for that... with any luck I'll have two full hours of Toonami with my full attention.)

IIRC there's 64 episodes, so a ways yet.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Man.

And on Toonami no less.

...later.

The order of shows that will next reach their finish are: Casshern -> Fullmetal -> GITS -> Samurai 7 -> Eureka

Whatever replaces Casshern will probably end before Eureka does as well, might also be true for FMA and GITS' replacements, if they're short series.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Toonami can get Samurai Champloo, I need some more Shinichiro Watanabe goodness.

I actually think they might. FUNi has the rights to it now, and they've said outright that Champloo is a show they're interested in getting back (they lost it when Geneon self-destructed and the rights to their shows became a mess). With Eureka's revival, there's no doubt in my mind that they're going to try to revive Champloo too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom